• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Promethazine and Benadryl

Willesque

Greenlighter
Popped 50mg of Promethazine and a Benadryl about 45 minutes ago, trying to potentiate the only 5mg oxy pill I have left. Have been puking (manually) since then. I read that 50mg is too much, and that some dude just as amateur as I in terms of doing drugs had a terrible time at 100mg. I figured the antihistimine route was not a good one, got scared, and have been forcing it up since then.
Still a little worried. Would I know if I'd gotten it all up? I started the process about 15 minutes after popping the pills. If I haven't gotten them up, what can I do, and how well am I going to be able to manage this? I'm almost 6 and a half feet tall and weigh over 190 lbs, and am 20 years old. Usually that works against me when taking drugs; hopefully this time it will help.
Again, new to drugs, so my fears are probably unnecessary, but some additional information would be helpful.

Thanks,
A stupid, slightly scared kid.

Don't make yourself puke, there's not much to be concerned about. 50mg of promethazine is not a crazy high dosage. And a Benadryl (the pink fuckers, yeah?) is only 25mg of diphenhydramine, which is not exactly a show stopper.

At that dose level, even when fully absorbed, those drugs will act as a "sleep aid" / sedative / hypnotic. You'll probably get damn sleepy and want to have a nap. With 5mg of oxycodone you have nothing to worry about regarding breathing.

Worst case scenario, you're too tired to enjoy your high and you go hit the bed early. Best case, well, you've gone and puked all the drugs up so there's probably only a fraction absorbed.

So you'll be fine. Stop panicking and try and enjoy yourself :p

And in future do the research BEFORE eating the drugs, and remember that just because one person had a bad time doesn't mean you will. Everyone is different.

Thanks, Sekio. Thus far, I'm not even tired. Sounds like the manual upchuck was an overreaction. Had a friend get reeaal bad on a drug recently, so I guess I'm a little apprehensive, and over-anxious. You're right about research first. Though I had no negative experience, and probably wouldn't have anyway, I've learned a valuable lesson.

If you are that paranoid about overdose, maybe you are telling you something. Like to lay off the drugs in general? I know I wish I would have listened to myself when I was having those kinds of overreactions.