• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Promethazene and Codeine 'Purple Drank' Aus Substitution

Anyone know if there are any case reports on deaths from IV codeine usage? No doubt they have occured, I just haven't ever seen any journal articles on them or anything and they would be useful to link to whenever I come across a 'can you inject codeine?' thread.

That purple "drank" is seriously the most pointless & crappy way to achieve an opiate high. IME:p

because it tastes like crap. I just dont see the point in mixing promithizine & codeine. you would be better off just taking straight codeine pills. ( which are a shitty opiate IMO anyway )

I haven't tasted it but I guess that's not a deterrant to a lot of people.

You don't see the point in combining? Have you had bad experience with it? Most people I know who have tried the combo have liked it, me included.

Funny story... don`t do this at home..... Bought 100 x 10mgs codeine paracetamol for like $xx, after blitzing the lot in a coffee grinder thats 1000mgs codeine and 50000mgs paracetamol(slightly above toxicity level of 5000) anyhoo put mix in freezer for about half hour and when i went to get it the glass went from pure white to clear on top, so methinks hmmmmm, what to do with this clear liquid. I know i`ll boot it, yeah great idea..... so get a 20ml load it up, all clear and bang, wow it feels like morph at first, you know the horrible pins and needles, then i notice my necklace feels kinda tight, so i walk out of the bathroom and my girlfriend goes are you ok , have you been in a fight? so i look in the morror and MY WHOLE HEAD HAD SWOLLEN UP AND WAS BRIGHT RED, i looked like a beetroot, seriously . So now i just drink the shit.
Oh yeah get Dozile its that doxylamine shit ya get 20 x 25mg tabs for x bucks and that works for the first day or two

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Lofl, the exact same thing happens to me when I use codeine at around 400mg after taking a break for a while, like my body has lost it's tolerance to the histamine reaction. It's so annoying cause everyone goes, 'OMG, your face is so red! Are you sunburnt? You're swelling!' 8)

QuinntheEskimo said:
Funny story... don`t do this at home..... Bought 100 x 10mgs codeine paracetamol for like $xx, after blitzing the lot in a coffee grinder thats 1000mgs codeine and 50000mgs paracetamol(slightly above toxicity level of 5000) anyhoo put mix in freezer for about half hour and when i went to get it the glass went from pure white to clear on top, so methinks hmmmmm, what to do with this clear liquid. I know i`ll boot it, yeah great idea..... so get a 20ml load it up, all clear and bang, wow it feels like morph at first, you know the horrible pins and needles, then i notice my necklace feels kinda tight, so i walk out of the bathroom and my girlfriend goes are you ok , have you been in a fight? so i look in the morror and MY WHOLE HEAD HAD SWOLLEN UP AND WAS BRIGHT RED, i looked like a beetroot, seriously . So now i just drink the shit.
Oh yeah get Dozile its that doxylamine shit ya get 20 x 25mg tabs for x bucks and that works for the first day or two

I did the same with codral years ago, took my self to hospital and told them i'd shot up codral tablets and they freaked!!
This purple drank is just a fad amongst poor black kids in the south of the US. Next you'll be wanting to cook up some Jenkem!!
Just take Phenergan and CWE codeine.

This purple drank is just a fad amongst poor black kids in the south of the US.

A fad? It's been around for a while and I doubt it's just poor African-Americans using it.

***No synthesis discussion. - Mr Blonde***

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr Blonde said:
A fad? It's been around for a while and I doubt it's just poor African-Americans using it.

no , its also white kids who want to be " down " in the hiphop game.

if rappers drink cough syrup it must be cool!

I don't mean a "fad" like wearing your jeans inside out. I mean its just taken off in one culture, ie hip hop kids, and the media latched on to it because its available OTC and they perceive it as a "new" drug.

Purple Drank isn't OTC in the US except for a few limited states I believe, and even then you are unlikely to get it without a Rx.

Codeine

LD50 (oral) rat 427 mg/kg
LD50 (intravenous) rat 75 mg/kg
LD50 (subcutaneous) rat 229 mg/kg

Codeine phosphate

LD50 (oral) rat 266 mg/kg
LD50 (intravenous) rat 54 mg/kg

LD50 (subcutaneous) rat 365 mg/kg
LD50 (intramuscular) rat 208 mg/kg

(Sax & Lewis, 1989)

Even the lowest value there equates to 3.7 grams in a 70 kg person