Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Promethazene and Codeine 'Purple Drank' Aus Substitution

rikidozan2k8

Greenlighter
Substitutes in Australia for this drink?

I've known people who have extracted codeine but I've never heard of a promethazine equivalent. Has anyone successfully one or made a concoction?

Have had promethiazene before and from memory it is still pharmacist medication (with iD). But please explain what the theory behind this combination is? I remember reading the other day about a potentiator (no longer made) that increased th conversion codeine -> morphine and apparantly made you trip balls but was substituted out of the market because of fatalities.

Or is this this just promethiazine acting to sedate you even more so the codeine buzz seems intense?

I am intrigued, please continue...

Last edited:
^Doxlamine succinate is a very strong antihistamine and enzyme inhibitor I believe. Its in Mersyndol or generic Analgeisic/Calmative, which is doxylamine succinate and codeine and paracetemol. Problem is that doxlamine is a potent anticholinergic, same as promethazine, and will cause delrium at high doses, not to mention the danger of paracetemol. Thats the basic aussie equivalent, but its not a drink....and highly dangerous.

Phenergan is Promethazine 25mg. In tablets, No ID required at the chemist last time I got me some, about 3 weeks ago.

And I'm not of age yet.

IMO, the promethazine just makes you wanna sleep more and you sleep through the codiene high.

^ I've been using promethazine with codeine lately and have found it quite enjoyable. It reduces itches and nausea and adds to the sedation, which is good for me because I like the nods but it's obviously not for everyone.

To the OP: Buying promethazine itself and then taking it with your CWE is the closest your gonna get.

think taking codeine and CWE without phenergan is a waste. everyone should be using it not only to anti-histamine but to also make more morphine due to enzyme thingy

^I think quite a lot of things could be 'substituted' for promethazine though. Most antihistamines should do so... Kinda dangerous however.

Yep most OTC histamines should be suitable... personally dramamine didn't do it for me though.

As swilow said, they be dangerous as they add to the sedation, this is more so dangerous when using stronger opioids so be careful.

thanks for the replies guys!

Just a few more questions:

Dosages for promethazine? With codeine? I was going to go for 150 - 200mg codeine but no idea for promethazine and mix.

A few guys are saying this mix is highly dangerous? Why?

Get some rikodeine and mix it with some soma, norflex and codeine CWE i reon that will give u some dranken ways.
the rikodeine mix it with coke there ya go it goes down like cherry coke

swilow said:
^I think quite a lot of things could be 'substituted' for promethazine though. Most antihistamines should do so... Kinda dangerous however.
Dangerous? how so i doubt u can die from codeine i think maybe an over histamine reaction might kill ya more likely

^^ the LD50 is only 800mg or something (assuming 0 tolerance). The again, your body would most likely throw up a dose this big if not experienced with the bitter CWE mix.

Just make it or something. Extract the codeine, extract the promethazine(I use phenergan for allergies, its OTC) and mix with a glass of grapefruit juice, then just sip on the rest of the grapefruit juice and you should get a nice buzz from it. Just dont use too much phenergan coz its pretty powerful if you dont use it much.

Im keen to try this rikodeine though, I saw a bottle of it in my dads room so it must be around. What other additives are in it?? if anyone doesnt mind answering that without hijacking this thread too much.

And stock up guys, dont know when or if its happening but your gonna have to sign for codeine containing products soon so make sure you cupboard is full of the shit if your a fan. Codeine is great before you get a tolerance to stronger opiates, fun stuff for sure.

Dosages for promethazine? With codeine? I was going to go for 150 - 200mg codeine but no idea for promethazine and mix.

A few guys are saying this mix is highly dangerous? Why?

50mg of promethazine does me good.

It's not highly dangerous; there are increased risks but you will most likely be fine. And Tadfish, you should listen here: the problem is though that there users of stronger opioids out there who are likely to try this combo. Opioids with much stronger CNS depressant properties then codeine. Having an anti-histamine put you to sleep whilst your respiratory system is basically shutting down is not good for your health.

Im keen to try this rikodeine though, I saw a bottle of it in my dads room so it must be around. What other additives are in it?? if anyone doesnt mind answering that without hijacking this thread too much.

There is a thread on it in AusDD somewhere. Sorbitol is an ingredient which can cause diarrohea. So yeah watch out.

As for the sign for all codeine thing; I don't believe it until I see a cite.

KingConvenience said:
^^ the LD50 is only 800mg or something (assuming 0 tolerance). The again, your body would most likely throw up a dose this big if not experienced with the bitter CWE mix.

well thats outrageous i had way over that. but not for first time users as they say over 400mg at once is mainly a waste.

hmmm never heard of anyone dieing off codeine. But yes users should take substances serperately before trying combos there is a great opiate site online saying all the potentiators of opiates and how much to reduce in % ya opiate if u take thaat its a really good guide. PM me if ya want it cause i don't know if i can link the site here if that allowed.

Yeah know ya drugs and ya body. respect

^ You should be able to link that site, in fact I think I know the one you're referring to and I believe it's been linked to in OD before.

Over 400mg would be a waste for most people who don't have a tolerance due to the ceililng dose. There are some, like me, who seem to be able to metabolize over that amount and people who are addicted to codeine quite often go way over the ceiling dose; perhaps the liver enzyme increases it's work to ensure the body doesn't go into WD?

tadfish said:
well thats outrageous i had way over that. but not for first time users as they say over 400mg at once is mainly a waste.

hmmm never heard of anyone dieing off codeine. But yes users should take substances serperately before trying combos there is a great opiate site online saying all the potentiators of opiates and how much to reduce in % ya opiate if u take thaat its a really good guide. PM me if ya want it cause i don't know if i can link the site here if that allowed.

Yeah know ya drugs and ya body. respect

I posted briefly about the LD50 in the CWE thread. It is established for rats and there are cases of codeine deaths but most recorded cases are infants. The 800mg is quoted for an average adult on a lot of sites but I didn't go investigating the sources. I think we all agree taking 800mg or more of codeine in one go will not be any more pleasurable than 500mg so why bother right? Why take the risk?

Be safe kids!