• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Prolintane

Dr. Flatline

Ex-Bluelighter
Anyone try it? It shows some structural similarity to d-amp.

220px-Prolintane.svg.png

Alot of people who haven't played with it may shrug it off as a non-euphoric, ephedrine type stimulant. However I have reason to believe this compound does indeed produce euphoria similar to d-amp.

We will see within the coming week if this compound holds recreational value. Of course this is probably the case if it is only used in extreme moderation as we are sure the euphoria disappears rapidly with regular use, this chemical would be best used once a week at most, probably every other week to ensure its' maximum recreational effectiveness.

Last edited:
I used it quite a bit, it's more like a toned down wellbutrin. No euphoria, just gentle stimulation.

Is this the stuff that a-pvp is a beta ketone of?
Chemistry ain't my strong point.

I used it quite a bit, it's more like a toned down wellbutrin. No euphoria, just gentle stimulation.

Wellbutrin? Lol, that's an interesting reference to make. I highly doubt this chemical resembles wellbutrin, but everyone reacts differently.

Just curious what doses you we're taking? I would like to know how many mg you we're taking and how often?

It certainly will be mild taken in the recommended dose, but apparently if it is taken at about 5+ times the recommended dose the euphoria reveals itself. Parachuting it is probably the ideal ROA. Never swallow your pills whole.

Will post results in 2 days.

Is this the stuff that a-pvp is a beta ketone of?
Chemistry ain't my strong point.

The chemical structure is the same as prolintane except for the ketone group, β-ketone-prolintane. It's the same as the difference between cathinone and amphetamine. Prolintane is a pure hydrocarbon like amphetamine, it is the non-ketone analogue of a-PVP.

Say one were to take 10mg of adderall. Would you say that's a euphoric sized dose? Hehe, I would say more like around 30-50mg.

Granted the euphoria disappears rapidly if their is regular use. You must remain extremely sporadic to maintain the pronounced euphoria.

It appears this is how prolintane works too. The recommended medical dose is 10mg. That won't do anything really other than stimulate one mildly. 20mg still won't get you where you want to be. 50+mg sounds about right to me! =D

Last edited by a moderator:
It's more and more difficult to find reliable information that can be at the same time easily accessed. A lot of RC vendors spread false information about their products to make them more appealing.

The fact that prolintane is in the same way related to alpha-PVP as cathinone is to amphetamine doesn't mean much. Methcathinone is in the same way related to methamphetamine and I find the former to be somewhat more euphoric and more "chaotic" at the same time, while I don't think cathinone bears a similar relation with amphetamine. Cathinones tolerate long-chain substituents at the alpha position, amphetamines don't. I don't really think that pentylone is of much use, but still it's of more use than Methyl-K (look up the wikipedia article on this one, it's an entactogen and stimulant and at the same time it produces few to no effects... How is this even possible?).

The chemical structure is the same as prolintane except for the ketone group, β-ketone-prolintane. It's the same as the difference between cathinone and amphetamine. Prolintane is a pure hydrocarbon like amphetamine, it is the non-ketone analogue of a-PVP.

Was your doctorate in art history? Neither amphetamine nor prolintane are 'pure hydrocarbon' - they're both amines, obviously.

Many years ago I obtained a-PVP and posted about it, everyone said it was going to be junk. I quite liked it. I think those who said it wasn't any good hadn't actually tried it because now that it's being sold by various vendors people seem to like it a lot.

^ I liked it to. Seems like a minority opinion; but then again, with the irresponsibly massive doses I've seen people reporting lately on here (and subsequent psychosis and other undesirable effects) it's no wonder.

I guess it's just a matter of taste. Alpha-PVP is horrible in my humble opinion and the smell makes me think of old pickled cucumbers. ;) It gave a terrible headache and vomiting. To make things worse, I got it as 3-MMC. MDPV feels cleaner, but for me all those pyrovalerones are generally nasty stimulants, far far away from the clean stimulation of amphetamine. Amphetamine makes you confident and pyrovalerones just produce giddy speed-up.

Wellbutrin? Lol, that's an interesting reference to make. I highly doubt this chemical resembles wellbutrin, but everyone reacts differently.

Just curious what doses you we're taking? I would like to know how many mg you we're taking and how often?

It certainly will be mild taken in the recommended dose, but apparently if it is taken at about 5+ times the recommended dose the euphoria reveals itself. Parachuting it is probably the ideal ROA. Never swallow your pills whole.

Will post results in 2 days.

Say one were to take 10mg of adderall. Would you say that's a euphoric sized dose? Hehe, I would say more like around 30-50mg.

Granted the euphoria disappears rapidly if their is regular use. You must remain extremely sporadic to maintain the pronounced euphoria.

It appears this is how prolintane works too. The recommended medical dose is 10mg. That won't do anything really other than stimulate one mildly. 20mg still won't get you where you want to be. 50+mg sounds about right to me! =D

I was speaking in terms of effects. They're also both NDRIs so it would make sense that "feel" similar. I also suspect there may be a cross tolerance but can't be sure and only have my experience to compare to.

Amphetamines are mostly releasers, but prolintane is too bulky to be a releaser because of alpha-phenyl substitution. Cathinones, thanks to the beta-keto group, are also MATs inhibitors - beta-keto part supposedly binds at the same site at MATs as methoxycarbonyl in cocaine, phenyltropanes, and methylphenidate. Ketones are not as bulky as esters, so cathinones, albeit weaker, still retain releasing properties of amphetamines. Thus pentedrone is a strong stimulant at low doses because it has a beta-keto group making the compound a reuptake inhibitor, and prolintane is fairly weak because it can be neither a potent releaser nor a reuptake inhibitor.

Last edited:
Amphetamines are mostly releasers, but prolintane is too bulky to be a releaser because of alpha-phenyl substitution. Cathinones, thanks to the beta-keto group, are also MATs inhibitors - beta-keto part supposedly binds at the same site at MATs as methoxycarbonyl in cocaine, phenyltropanes, and methylphenidate. Ketones are not as bulky as esters, so cathinones, albeit weaker, still retain releasing properties of amphetamines. Thus pentedrone is a strong stimulant at low doses because it has a beta-keto group making the compound a reuptake inhibitor, and prolintane is fairly weak because it can be neither a potent releaser nor a reuptake inhibitor.

That's alpha-propyl not phenyl.

Does anyone have more experience to share? I just tried 20mg prolintane for the first time today. I'd have to say there is definitely an effect but it's hard to say much about at this dose. Feels like a higher dose could be enjoyable. I'll probably try that tomorrow.

It's appearance looks like slightly off-color crystals and it has a pungent smell. I've heard of people snorting this one, I couldn't imagine...

Following up, I tried a ~40mg dose and I found it unpleasant, quite similar to how d-amp often effects me. I find adderall to be very anxiety-inducing and not pleasantly stimulating. The 20mg dose of prolintane was pretty smooth though.

Way to weak. I felt almost nothing.adderall I like but I must have benzos

Yeah, my experiences with prolintane have been lacklustre to say the least.

Prolintane dosed orally in water or juice was pretty awesome and very much nootropic-like and like a functional stimulant the first few times and hyper at high doses. However, over time, prolintane started becoming a little less fun or functional and becomes edgier. I don't know whether to get ethylphenidate or methiopropamine to stack it with. Prolintane stacks pretty well with phenylpiracetam hydrazide. Phenylpiracetam hydrazide is pretty mild for me though. I'm also considering getting fluorenol. Being in the states kinda sucks though because everything is kinda boring most of the time. It may be handy to have a benzo on hand if it gets too edgy. I have yet to experience overly edgy effects. Just mild to moderate edginess sometimes. Prolintane works best in the morning though for some reason.

I've taken it before a night out at a show on a few occasions, and it works good for that. It's way too edgy for just being at work or home. Again, similar to adderall for me. The only time I've experienced euphoria from adderall was when I was on a very long, intense nighttime hike with some friends and great dane. Man that was awesome...

I will try a ~40-50mg dose next time I plan a night of dancing. I mean, if a rave gets busted and everyone gets caught with capsules of prolintane on them, there must be SOMETHING to be said about it. Some people even take piperazines purposely because they technically are effective compounds, so who knows. It's apparently got a "great safety profile" so experimenting shouldn't be too dangerous as long as proper precaution is taken.

Last edited: