• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Gaming Project Diablo 2

RedRum OG

Bluelighter
Anyone playing? Diablo 2 LoD was the best game of my childhood, and they basically made it 10x better, for free

Straight hooked

It's okay. I read where most of the devs that made it are scammers. I've read over @ d2jsp where the Mods would ban players because they would think the user is botting. Also they would ban players after trading with them. That's some fucked up shit there!

It's okay. I read where most of the devs that made it are scammers. I've read over @ d2jsp where the Mods would ban players because they would think the user is botting. Also they would ban players after trading with them. That's some fucked up shit there!

It's really hard to suss out what's real. JSP are seething with bitterness because pd2 took a ton of their user base, who gives them tons of money every restart. There have been many false rumors spread and many attempts to bring pd2 down.

That being said, entirely possible. The pd2 reddit is filled with stories of people upset about being banned. All of them claim to be innocent, and at least 50% of them have a "I just made that JSP account for a friend/as a joke " type excuse. Its chaos. All I know is the game is good and I haven't been banned yet lol

Maybe I'm missing part of the story, but I dont see why mods would maliciously ban someone after a trade for no reason. Entirely possible there are a couple dicks on the team. I feel like if a mod needed gear, he wouldn't have to scam. Just doesnt seem to be a good motive, but I can definitely see a motive for JSP people to lie

Reactions: Ds
I mean I love D2 like any other oldschool cat, and was excited to hear about PD2. Also, I use JSP to buy/sell items on various games (not just d2) and turn sell the FG. I have creeped around their private mod/realm threads under the diablo 2 discussion, and really just going by what others are posting.
There are some PD2 players that will like trade low--shitty items to other players, then report the other player for using JSP just so they can get their account unlocked/unbanned. That's really fucked up lol.
If you don't use JSP then I am sure PD2 is such a great game, and I give them kudos for remaking the best RPG in the world imo.
I would hate it if one of the mods banned me because I have a JSP handle. or maybe because I was trading with someone that had a JSP handle. who knows.

just a few good reads related to pd2 drama.

There are definitely still some dicks on PD2, that's for sure. The ratio is much better than when I played LoD in like 2001-2005, that's for sure.

If it weren't for trading, I'd just go single player and skip all the drama.

@RedRum OG . Yeah there are dicks on almost every game out there. Hell within the first 5 minutes of playing GTA V & Red Dead Redemption 2 I got fucking yeeted for shits and giggles. I haven't personally played PD2, and I like the idea what the developers did to bring back the game with some new content. I just really don't like a game where there could be a possibility of being banned for trading. Regardless if it is over JSP or not, or even the possibility of being accused of 'botting' when in reality you arn't.
@TheLoveBandit
JSP, or D2JSP is a forum that has been around since the birth of Diablo 2 (maybe even sooner), it used to be a bot program way back in the day where you could donate $ on d2jsp, and they would give you instructions and a special key to use to download a magic find bot for Diablo 2.
Now days, jsp is a forum where you can find various games (not just diablo 2/D2) and trade virtual 'forum gold' for items that are unique to the game.
Yeah if you want to play Diablo 2 then just fallow what Cheshire_Kat said. The game was great, and still is great. :)

Yup definitely loved it, although lately I’ve been getting back into Darkstone.. Something about Darkstone I really like and LAN is so damn fun. I feel I’ve completely burnt out on D2 after nearly a decade.

-GC