• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Proglumide reversal of heroin tolerance?

menidiatis

Bluelighter
I see this substance a lot on the dark web, and it is claimed to reverse opiate tolerance.

After typing it on Google, there is a paper that apparently confirms it.

Anyone has experience with it? Because if legit would be an absolute game changer

Ketamine reversed my morphine tolerance by half after 2 50mg IM/IV shots. It only lasted for s few days though since i was slamming almost daily. Nevertheless, it works.

Ketamine reversed my morphine tolerance by half after 2 50mg IM/IV shots. It only lasted for s few days though since i was slamming almost daily. Nevertheless, it works.
Can you elaborate please?

So you took 2 shots of ketamine, and then for the next few days your tolerance to morphine was half?

Afterwards you reversed again to normal. Can you not inject ketamine again and again reverse the tolerance?

Can you elaborate please?

So you took 2 shots of ketamine, and then for the next few days your tolerance to morphine was half?

Afterwards you reversed again to normal. Can you not inject ketamine again and again reverse the tolerance?
Nah, unless you quit for a while. Tolerance is a permanent thing tbh and if you have a habit or hsve been using opiates for quite some time even worse.
My brain after 10 years of injecting 60-120mg daily is not the same anymore. If i use for more than 3 days i can't stop, so if you're quite new to opis.enjoy the honeymoon phase cause then its just pure horror.

proglumide will absolutely work to reverse tolerance temporarily -- but here's the thing - you have a 3/4 day window to absolutely stop or it will just come back when you get tolerance to proglumide. and during that time on it, opioids feel like first time use. ALSO if you continue using at same/higher doses -- you will have a massively reinforced habit and when the proglumide stops working, will require much larger doses to stay well. if you are absolutely sick to tits of opes and WANT to quit, it's amazing. if not, it's dangerous. which, man i could really actually use some proglumide atm.

i just noticed that someone is selling proglumide... while im sure it works... i think it has more potential to be deadly than help you
because
1) It increases analgesia, it increases potency when used with opiates
2) it decreases tolerance

so its literally increasing power and decreasing your tolerance
+
not enough information available on i
+
sketchy sourcing, i haven't seen proglumide available in my 20 years on earth until now . doesn't mean its not real. just means its a little weird to see someone have it .

If you do , do research on it, please report back to us .

i just noticed that someone is selling proglumide... while im sure it works... i think it has more potential to be deadly than help you
because
1) It increases analgesia, it increases potency when used with opiates
2) it decreases tolerance

so its literally increasing power and decreasing your tolerance
+
not enough information available on i
+
sketchy sourcing, i haven't seen proglumide available in my 20 years on earth until now . doesn't mean its not real. just means its a little weird to see someone have it .

If you do , do research on it, please report back to us .
yep these are exactly the properties. see my last post. the dangers are exactly that - increased mu activity leading to respiratory failure, and WAY increased tolerance if you don't taper while on it. flipside -- it works great and cuts WD amazingly. AS LONG AS YOU DONT USE OPES and/or seriously taper (like 50% or greater drop)

OK I am staying of this trash, I am not physically dependent and don't have withdrawals, but sometimes I wonder if there are some ways I could slightly pitentiate the effect to spend a little less on H (if I smoke whole day I need 2.5g).
But I don't want any of the problems @cdin mentions in his post.

I have heard grapefruit can potentiate heroin

OK I am staying of this trash, I am not physically dependent and don't have withdrawals, but sometimes I wonder if there are some ways I could slightly pitentiate the effect to spend a little less on H (if I smoke whole day I need 2.5g).
But I don't want any of the problems @cdin mentions in his post.

I have heard grapefruit can potentiate heroin
ya it's a potent medicine, not a potentiation toy. however, if that's all you want -- look no further than black cumin seed oil (depending on what ope, it's a potent CYP liver enzyme inhibitor). Grapefruit juice will also work, though BSO is better. imo it potentiates an ope dose 15-20%.

A) It's extremely hard to source.
B) The long-term effects on human health aren't well researched.
C) There is a much better, more reliable solution to reducing and maintaining tolerance low, and that is ULDN. To make matters even better ULDN both shortens as well as lessens the intensity of withdrawals by like 80%. This is something that I accidentally discovered back in April when I ran out of heroin. I was mentally preparing for three days of absolute hell, but all I experienced was anxiety, freezing, sweating, insomnia, depression, goosebumps and all of these symptoms subsided after 24h, leaving me only with PAWS. I actually linked to a study written by the biochemist Jonathan Ott self-experimented with Naltrexone in microgram dosages to obviate withdrawals:
https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/ul...tolerance-to-opioids-low.914985/post-15823696

This substance is so incredibly versatile that it's a godsend for us dope fiends. Without it I would have to go through 3 days of full spectrum body-mind-splatter-gore-torture and then 7 days of residual symptoms until I feel somewhat well again. ULDN however seems to cram all this into 24h (might be shorter or longer depending on your metabolism) and also massively decreases the intensity. Just try it out yourselves guys. I'm suprised this isn't well known.

By the way, the pharmaceutical industry once had plans to create a CombiPrep consisting of Oxy and naltrexone in microdosages but when they found out that it effectively and reliably prevents tolerance from building up in patients they quickly discarded this project as it would massively cut into their profits.

proglumide is a non-selective CCK receptor antagonist initially developed to treat stomach ulcers. I think it can decrease stomach acidity so I fear that careless non-medical use could result in increased risk of infection by foodborne bacteria. by blocking CCK in the brain, Proglumide reduces LTP and slows down neuronal activity in certain parts of the brain, particularly those involved in pain and anxiety. Proglumide has no opioid activity of its own, but by blocking CCK signalling, it can at least temporarily potentiate opioid effects and reverse tolerance. this is because CCK opposes many of the downstream sort after affects of Mu opioid activation such as analgesia and reward. actually, injecting CCK into healthy people can trigger very severe anxiety and context independent panic attacks. it should be noted that CCK also strongly suppresses dopamine release in the nucleus accumbens. this means that high CCK levels also produces dysphoria/anhedonia in addition to the anxiety. unfortunately, tolerance seems to develop to the effects of Proglumide within a few days, probably because of massive CCK Receptor upregulation. The brain probably considers CCK A very important neuropeptide given its role in facilitating fear memory and suppressing what is considered to be unnecessary reward.
Interestingly, mice that lack the circadian clock gene or the CCK gene which is under its control, produces a manic phenotype consisting of hyperactivity, decreased sleep, a lack of anxiety, increased exploration of novel environments and supersensitivity to rewards. these effects, resulting directly from the lack of CCK in the brain, are likely due to hyperactivity of the dopamine system. i’m not sure if this is a developmental affect, but I hope it isn’t. If it isn’t and the same effects occur in humans, I’ll be the 1st to volunteer for a CCK depletion/blocking drug.

proglumide is a non-selective CCK receptor antagonist initially developed to treat stomach ulcers. I think it can decrease stomach acidity so I fear that careless non-medical use could result in increased risk of infection by foodborne bacteria. by blocking CCK in the brain, Proglumide reduces LTP and slows down neuronal activity in certain parts of the brain, particularly those involved in pain and anxiety. Proglumide has no opioid activity of its own, but by blocking CCK signalling, it can at least temporarily potentiate opioid effects and reverse tolerance. this is because CCK opposes many of the downstream sort after affects of Mu opioid activation such as analgesia and reward. actually, injecting CCK into healthy people can trigger very severe anxiety and context independent panic attacks. it should be noted that CCK also strongly suppresses dopamine release in the nucleus accumbens. this means that high CCK levels also produces dysphoria/anhedonia in addition to the anxiety. unfortunately, tolerance seems to develop to the effects of Proglumide within a few days, probably because of massive CCK Receptor upregulation. The brain probably considers CCK A very important neuropeptide given its role in facilitating fear memory and suppressing what is considered to be unnecessary reward.
Interestingly, mice that lack the circadian clock gene or the CCK gene which is under its control, produces a manic phenotype consisting of hyperactivity, decreased sleep, a lack of anxiety, increased exploration of novel environments and supersensitivity to rewards. these effects, resulting directly from the lack of CCK in the brain, are likely due to hyperactivity of the dopamine system. i’m not sure if this is a developmental affect, but I hope it isn’t. If it isn’t and the same effects occur in humans, I’ll be the 1st to volunteer for a CCK depletion/blocking drug.
progulmide is awesome. I wish i could still find it :(

Do you have personal experience with it? if so, please could you describe the effects of proglumide on your mood, emotions and behaviour. I would be especially interested if you have tried it alone without other drugs.
Thanks in advance
no effect other than radically lowering opioid tolerance/potentiating the effects for a short window of time, however - you gain a tolerance to the effects of proglumide over the course of only a couple of days, so you have to time things well for maximum efficacy. fantastic for the very end of a taper/jump off of opioids.

no effect other than radically lowering opioid tolerance/potentiating the effects for a short window of time, however - you gain a tolerance to the effects of proglumide over the course of only a couple of days, so you have to time things well for maximum efficacy. fantastic for the very end of a taper/jump off of opioids.

Interesting, thanks. I wonder if it would be useful when used alone to treat any remaining psychological symptoms once physical withdrawals have ended and no more opioids are left in the body.

I remember is that proglumide reduces withdrawal symptoms, depression and anxiety. I combine proglumide with the neprilysin inhibitor d-phenylalanine, wiki says they have a strong synergy, this combination has greatly reduced my withdrawal symptoms, there are still some withdrawal symptoms but I can live with it .
Interesting. have you tried it alone without opioids?

yep these are exactly the properties. see my last post. the dangers are exactly that - increased mu activity leading to respiratory failure, and WAY increased tolerance if you don't taper while on it. flipside -- it works great and cuts WD amazingly. AS LONG AS YOU DONT USE OPES and/or seriously taper (like 50% or greater drop)
Does it get rid of withdrawals on its own?

Mine must be something else. It lowers my tolerance but damn sure no where near baseline. I got it to help cut down on Tianeptine tolerance. And technically, yes, it makes ot to where I can feel Pegasus Gold / TD Red pills and actually get a bit buzzed, whereas previously that dose would not have even made WD's lower, much less feel a buzz. M

But it changed the high and took away a lot of the euphoria, and cause the high to feel weird. I still took a whole bottle of golds (took 5 and an hour later took ten; whereas normal I'd take all 15 at once) so it must not be helping too much. I bought it so i could feel kratom again to get off these Tia pills and all the other opiates i can get my hands on right now. But even at a ~650mg of Proglumide, And I cannot even feel my slight buzz from 30 Kratom capsules taken all at once (used to be my typical dose). And the high in getting of Prog plus Tia is not at all shat I had hoped. Instead of resetting tolerance, it feels like it simply makes it to where you can at least ANY kinda effect at lower doses, not necessarily the euphoric ones. Not only that but it seems like the high is over way faster to where it used to be 5-6 hrs, now it lasts like an hour or two..

But is it true that it can be used by itself for WDs? Also, does it build up and become stronger I'm your system (much like Methadone) possibly,? Because that is what I was lead to believe. Also, does it permanently remove some of your tolerance while on it? Does the lowering last for what, a matter of hours or days or what?

Anyways, i really dont like how this stiff impacts the high. It makes it not worth it.