• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Prochlorperazine/Stemetil and possible other sources of bad sleep.

OfficialMe

Greenlighter
I've been put on the above for a case of labyrinthitis on Friday. I also suffered a break-up Friday on my partner's behalf. Safe to say I'm devastated and my friends are concerned aout the toll it's already taken on me... I'm going to speak to my GP about increasing the dosage of an SSRI I'm on and see if that may help.

HOWEVER.

Since Friday I haven't had a good night's sleep. I'm on a range of other pain relief to help make me comfortable on an evening, and usually I'm absolutely fine at sleeping, even with personal problems like this.

What's it more likely to be? I want to err on the side of the Stemetil keeping me awake - when I've been on SSRIs for nausea and stress in the past, I've found to my detriment, that they give me the worst night's sleep ever!

Ideas? Pointers? Arguments?

Thanks in advance!

Stemetil is a high potency Typical Antipsychotic used for severe Nausea and rarely for vertigo. Doctors hand out these horrible medications (Stemetil, Metoclopramide etc.) far too often and they rarely help patients. They frequently produce acute and long term side effects such as dystonia and tardive dyskinesia. Insomnia due to neuroleptics can sometimes be related to the resltessness they cause. Do you feel at all restless? SSRI's indirectly reduce dopamine levels in the brain so adding a strong dopamine antagonist on top of an SSRI can cause serious trouble (Dystonia, Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome etc.)

If you feel worse since Friday and the onset of your insomnia coincided with starting Stemetil then it was likely responsible. Your doctor will likely not accept this as an explanation and blame it on the stress of breaking up. If I was in your shoes I would get off the Stemetil ASAP.