• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol Problems after quitting phenibut

phenibut10

Greenlighter
I quit using phenibut 16 days ago after abusing it and was using around 32 grams a day, 3-4 times a week for about 2 months. Now even though its been 16 days since I stopped using phenibut I feel like i'm emotionally numb. I dont feel depressed or anxious but I also cant feel happiness,sadness or really any emotion towards anything.This is weird because this did not happen until I was into around day 6 of the phenibut withdrawal.Also, I have no desire for sex its like something in my brain is just off. Is this permanent or will this pass. Are there any supplements anyone can recommend for recovery?Also, does this seem like dopamine depletion or does it seem like my Gaba b receptors are messed up.

Wowwww 32 grams in a day!!!o-0 high doses gabaergics take a while to recover from, you should feel better in a few weeks / months.

What you describe can also happen with drugs like pregabalin which phenibut acts similar to (they are calcium channel blockers). There's no dopamine depletion involved since these aren't dopamine releasers, although locally there may be less excitation in reward pathways and other regions - in other regions probably more activity which can be bothersome. Not something you can remedy by taking something else. Trying to remedy with any depressants will likely not do your mood etc any good in the long run so only resort to them when you're really temporarily in a particularly rough spot.

Just try to manage until this phase is over, sit it out, and remember that it's due to withdrawals. When I was withdrawing from pregabalin I wasn't always so aware that my mood etc were changed due to the withdrawals. I've withdrawn from phenibut but certainly not nearly as high dosages as yours. Keep an eye on the phenibut thread for support.

Yeah its crazy, my tolerance just kept going up so i just kept taking more to get the same effect.