• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Problem with storing poppers in the fridge?

MK1F

Greenlighter
When storing some unopened bottles in the fridge, I notice that after a while they seem to have a very very slight/faint condensation on them. Yet if I put a hygrometer in the fridge it shows that the humidity is very low.

I've even wrapped a bottle in a paper kitchen towel (very absorbent) and vacuum sealed it in a bag, and the strange thing is is that once it's cold, and I open the bag and take off the towel, the bottle still has the very faint condensation on it, which means for some reason the paper towel hasn't absorbed the water at all.

I'm wondering if this could ruin being able to store unopened bottles for the long term in the fridge, since if water gets into contact with the poppers it will really degrade it.

They haven't been opened? There shouldn't be an issue. Even if they have been I don't think you've got anything to worry about. I'm not aware of any problems caused by small amounts of moisture being absorbed into them, anyway. They're stable compounds.

Yup, unopened and still have the original seal around them.

Now that I think about it, cooling the bottles and the surrounding air doesn't create more water, it just turns the water vapor in the surrounding air into actual water on the bottle. So it shouldn't make things any worse, in fact, maybe it's actually better as surely it's more likely for the water vapor in the air to get inside the sealed bottles, than the same amount of water being condensed on the sealed bottles getting inside them.

I've never used poppers or Amyl but my friends that do use them or have used them in the past keep their amyl or poppers in the freezer.

I used isobutylnitrite (Rush) for the first time last month, and I was under the impression that poppers were used to facilitate anal sex by relaxing the anal sphincter; however, I don't think my anal sphincter really relaxed at all. Is that an atypical response?

I used isobutylnitrite (Rush) for the first time last month, and I was under the impression that poppers were used to facilitate anal sex by relaxing the anal sphincter; however, I don't think my anal sphincter really relaxed at all. Is that an atypical response?

What were you doing while you sniffed them?

The people I know who use them during sex do it while they are horny and during oral sex, masturbation, or before then do receptive anal sex. But I have known people who used them during sex and they said the Amyl made them so stimulated that they lost an erection and could not get hard again.

I know other people who sniffed them during dancing as this was very popular in the late 70s and early 80s, and their ass hole did not get loose or open up while in a disco or dancefloor. 8o

Last edited:
I used (Rush) for the first time last month, and I was under the impression that poppers were used to facilitate anal sex by relaxing the anal sphincter; however, I don't think my anal sphincter really relaxed at all. Is that an atypical response?

Try it while playing "In The End" off Fly By Night

It should extend their shelf life. When it's roasting indoors in the summer I don't think that'll bode well for any poppers that you want to keep for the long term.