• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tapering (Probably/hopefully) final try to taper down and quit morphine for good

TotalTotalness

Bluelighter
Hello,

I am currently using around 300-400 mg of morphine 2 or 3 times per day intravenously. Since I'm planning to go to another country, its the perfect time to try and quit for good. I've tried to stop numerous times, but obviously without much success. The only time I've managed to quit, was last year, when I was again abroad and after my supply ended and not being able to get any for some time, I was forced to quit cold turkey and for the next two months I got off the hook. So the time for this year's attempt came and I'm starting from today. I have a stash of around 40 pills with 200 mg of morphine each. In the next 5 minutes I"m going to get my last treat with a proper dose and from tomorrow morning I'm starting with the lowering of my daily doses.

Any advice on what would be the best schedule for a taper with the abovementioned dose I'm on at now and the quantity I have on my hands to taper down with would be appreciated highly!

I want to use this thread as a discussion and something like a journal to keep track and try to keep my motivation to not fuck up this time. I can't fuck up again!

Wish me luck, brothers and sisters!

Last proper dose in, so let the taper begin:

**edit - please don't post triggering photos - n3o**

Goals for tomorrow:

1. Try to postpone my dose as much as I can

2. Have only one dose, maximum two, if I can't sleep without a bedtime fix

3. Find out which is my minimal dose for the day, which would keep me just above withdrawal

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a high dose of morphine. I'd decrease your dose 10-30% a day until you run out of morphine then get some buprenorphine because I think you're going to need it.

Did the hopefully turn into a probably turn into a maybe turn into a not now?

Are you making any progress and just not posting?

Hope to hear how you are getting along.

@Nurse Ratched yes, hopefully did turn into a probably into a maybe into not now - Instead of tapering, i upped my dose to 1600-1800 mg IV per day, but since I went to live in another country, after short, my supply from my program I had, ran out and I faced the big, cold and spikey strap-on of the turkey and went all the way though without failing into temptation. This time it was for real...I'm finally clean as a baby. Second week. Had cravings, but I shoot them down. Wanted to get some opiates and almost did, but then I thought how stupid of an idea this is to shait on my suffering and oportunity to fix my life, so I cancedled...So, for now I'm Mr. Clean. Next objective is to keep it that way.

Thanks all for the support!

TT (tittie)

@Nurse Ratched yes, hopefully did turn into a probably into a maybe into not now - Instead of tapering, i upped my dose to 1600-1800 mg IV per day, but since I went to live in another country, after short, my supply from my program I had, ran out and I faced the big, cold and spikey strap-on of the turkey and went all the way though without failing into temptation. This time it was for real...I'm finally clean as a baby. Second week. Had cravings, but I shoot them down. Wanted to get some opiates and almost did, but then I thought how stupid of an idea this is to shait on my suffering and oportunity to fix my life, so I cancedled...So, for now I'm Mr. Clean. Next objective is to keep it that way.

TT (tittie)
Wow. That is awesome. I mean it. A big fat sloppy congratulations are in order. Well done man. Thanks for the update. :Mario party:

TT (tittie)

That really is amazing. Keep up the good work...