• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Probably has been asked but....

coalbeat

Greenlighter
....is it possible to separate the Narcan stuff from the Bupe? My buddy has 8mg strips and he asked me a couple weeks ago if it was possible. I don’t fuck with opiates nor do I intend to. I smoked tar once and I puked 45 mins after. But since he’s asked me that, I’ve searched far and wide but not very hard at all and for maybe 10 mins. Thanks gang.

Not possible.

Of course its technically possible but for all intents and purposes it is impossible for anyone to do at home.

The naloxone in Subs is essentially inert and pointless anyway, as bupe has a higher binding affinity. And for those worried about going into withdrawal, it's actually the Bupe itself that will rip full agonists off the receptors, not the naloxone.

Absolutely true. Too many people don't realize this fact. That's why so many people will take subutex or other naloxone free bupe and have horrible precipitated withdrawals completely clueless as to why.

Absolutely true. Too many people don't realize this fact. That's why so many people will take subutex or other naloxone free bupe and have horrible precipitated withdrawals completely clueless as to why.
Yes, I have heard people will actually pay more for subutex versus suboxone/generic bupe in some places because they believe these myths. lol They're essentially paying more for the same exact thing. Naloxone will never outcompete bupe unless you use extremely high doses. Im sure there have been people dumb enough to transition straight from a full agonist to subutex believing in this myth and end up in a world of hurt.

Yes, I have heard people will actually pay more for subutex versus suboxone/generic bupe in some places because they believe these myths. lol They're essentially paying more for the same exact thing. Naloxone will never outcompete bupe unless you use extremely high doses. Im sure there have been people dumb enough to transition straight from a full agonist to subutex believing in this myth and end up in a world of hurt.
i was told the same went into a detox for 11 days ct off methadone at 195 on day 6 they gave me subutex and went into precipitated withdrawal all day and they tried to tell me that it was really a mental thing with me lol

i was told the same went into a detox for 11 days ct off methadone at 195 on day 6 they gave me subutex and went into precipitated withdrawal all day and they tried to tell me that it was really a mental thing with me lol
Damn, that sounds brutal. I've been thrown into PWD from heroin dosing suboxone too soon. And then had to drive to the store. It was hell. Thank god it only lasted an hour or two.

Damn, that sounds brutal. I've been thrown into PWD from heroin dosing suboxone too soon. And then had to drive to the store. It was hell. Thank god it only lasted an hour or two.

is that cause heroins short half life vs methadones? i took it at 10 am and was going insane till 2 am subs always made me feel nauseous anyways so never liked them but after that experience ill never touch them again

is that cause heroins short half life vs methadones? i took it at 10 am and was going insane till 2 am subs always made me feel nauseous anyways so never liked them but after that experience ill never touch them again

I'm not sure. The half-life could be taken into account I assume, but I always figured it was that short for any kind of PWD from any opioid since after about 2hrs, bupe should be attached. You may have been thrown into PWD and then just had normal withdrawal later on that day because the Methadone that was on your receptors was activating it fully, where as buprenorphine is only a partial agonist, so even though it activates the receptors, it doesn't do so nearly as much as Methadone, so you would wind up in withdrawals either way until your body adjusts to the lower agonist activity of buprenorphine.

So suboxone and subutex are inherently different? Subutex floored me... high out of my mind drooling. Couldn't believe it lol

I'm not sure. The half-life could be taken into account I assume, but I always figured it was that short for any kind of PWD from any opioid since after about 2hrs, bupe should be attached. You may have been thrown into PWD and then just had normal withdrawal later on that day because the Methadone that was on your receptors was activating it fully, where as buprenorphine is only a partial agonist, so even though it activates the receptors, it doesn't do so nearly as much as Methadone, so you would wind up in withdrawals either way until your body adjusts to the lower agonist activity of buprenorphine.
This has been my experience with PWD and a lot of people I speak to say the complete opposite. I always wondered how these people who claimed to be sick all day could still be sick once the buprenorphine completely saturated the receptors.

So suboxone and subutex are inherently different? Subutex floored me... high out of my mind drooling. Couldn't believe it lol
They shouldn’t be except for the naloxone, but even that shouldn’t have any effect. However, I must admit that the few times I’ve had subutex I felt a slight opioid high at about 6 mg that I have never felt at any dose of suboxone. I have no idea why. I’m sure others feel this way too.

They shouldn’t be except for the naloxone, but even that shouldn’t have any effect. However, I must admit that the few times I’ve had subutex I felt a slight opioid high at about 6 mg that I have never felt at any dose of suboxone. I have no idea why. I’m sure others feel this way too.

It's possible. I was given generic buprenorphine with no naloxone when I first got started, while we waited for it to clear with insurance for brand name Subs.
I felt a buzz from it for sure, but i've felt the very exact same buzz from Suboxone at times as well. I also gained tolerance to the generic bupe quite quick. I was high as hell the night I got it but then next day, re-dosing only slightly sedated me a little more than I already was. After transferring onto bupe/naloxone, even after all these years I still feel a buzz from time to time. No clue why. But it's rare.

I think buprenorphine is just an inconsistent shitty semi-synthetic partial agonist, with or without naloxone lol.