• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

primary school

what were your favourite subjects at primary school? (multiple answers)

• creative arts

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • english

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • science

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • maths

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • pd/health/pe

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • hsie (social/cultural sciences)

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
dude i went to primary school with you.....
i remember your favourite subject - CHEATING at HANDBALL!
Damn I miss good old Artarmon Primary

haha, yeah, that was one subject i did remember..
but seriously.. did we have separate subjects then?

(ps when are you coming out of hermithood?)

bumble...yeah i get that reaction too sometimes and i have ore reasons to do it then not but i won't list them because i will bore everyone lol but meh...fuck em...if they can't see how fullfilling it would be to shape the future generations of children into free thinking, accepting people then they are the ones with their screws loose ;)

i loved most of the creative subjects at primary school like art, drama, music etc. i always despised maths :p and that carried on right until end of high school.

i always thought primary school was fun and i think that was mainly because of the teachers, but i absolutely hated teachers that picked favourites....maybe thats cos i was never cute enough to be a favourite.....hmmm.....

i think that one of the most fun classes i had was when the teacher was always giving us all different sorts of "rewards" if we were good, like going outside to play rounders *oh the days of rounders!* and stupid games like heads down thumbs up...and stuff like that.

i think you will also make a great teacher doofqueen, keep on that down to earth level that you seem to have and the kids will respect you for it :)

To be honest it depends on the teacher. I hated entire years of my primary school education because the teacher was just a complete dickhead. Other years I loved it because my teacher was an awesome person. I think it's the teacher that makes learning fun at this level, not the work.

Originally posted by doofqueen
Anna..there was not one subject you actually prefered or disliked then another? you nerd :p hehe no that's really great to hear actually, enthusiasm in education is important especially when your young :)

=D You speak no lie. I am a nerd.

You'll make a great teacher DQ, I'm excited for you :)

Primary school was a looong time ago but...

I really couldn't handle anything like math/science. I think I was willing to give it a go, but found it boring and hard. I have since realised that some people see everything straight up and down, remembering things by numbers and phrases but I see everything creatively and in pictures...so no wonder...

i was best at the creative stuff like story writing, english, and learning recorder and all that. It's always been like that. I don't think it was neccessarily anything to do with the teacher. Really don't think big classes helped though, when they sometimes would just shake their head at me and move onto the next kid bc they didn't have the time to explain some mathematical concept to me.

I really think that some kids are creative and some aren't. Bc even if I day dreamed all the way through math, I kicked everyone's arse with recorder and helped other kids learn to read. woohoo.

They did this interesting thing one year in primary school, I think I was about 8 or something, when they decided to split up the room into different sections. i.e. writing corner, maths corner, and you could do whatever you wanted all day. Now I thought this was great - basically I went in the corner and wrote stories all day. This teacher had no control though, and so most kids got away with doing fuck all, and I got away with doing no maths!! :p

But yeah this love of the arts has continued and I ended up studying music, and struggling with maths the whole way through high school.

^^ i was like that too. I never liked science and maths because i was not number orientated and i am better with words (even though i am a lazy and *cough* creative speller ) )

People all do think in different ways though...some with pictures, numbers, words and some athletic and movement orientated...there are nine different intelligences out there and it goes to show that there actually are so many individual ways of thinking and how hard is that for a teacher to cope with? like i have to try and teach one concept to 30 kids that may think 10 different ways or more and on different levels ...yikes!! 8o

lol that's depressing i'm the only one who liked science

i LOVED science. it was the only thing we leaned that was "practical" and i could relate to life alot easyer. ive always been interested in science and tech tho
:)

i am doing science now and i have to admit i find it really boring and hard to get a rasp on things. I'm just not that way inclined ...science wise...like i hate when there is a certain answer for a question and its either right or wrong...i like the subjects where you have your own interpretation and perspective...i have to know all this stuff to teach it though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.