• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Prilosec (omerprazole) and Tramadol

ThinWhiteDuke23

Greenlighter
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I wasn't quite sure wher to ask my question, lol. Anyway, I was wondering if Prilosec woul potentiate my tramadol high in any way? I read on Wikipedia tha it increases the concentration of the drug in the body but didn't know if it potentiated the effects. It has been 3 hours since ingesting tramadol (on an empty stomach). Any help is extremely appreciated :) EDIT: on the thread title i misspelled omeprazole haha

Last edited:
I hate to double post but i need to know soon. Also, the Prilosec i have are 20mg delayed release and another bottle of Prilosec 50mg time release. Please help.

Whether it's supposed to hinder or increase metabolization of O-desmethyltramadol I can say that I've personally never noticed a difference. I've been on and off Omeprazole for a couple years now and take tramadol pretty regularly (anywhere from 1-3x a week) and the fact I've never paid attention to whether or not I take my prilosec with my dose makes me think that the difference is slim to none.

I'm also one of those people who never notice potentiation with tagamet, gfj, and most other enzyme inhibitors though... The best way to potentiate tramadol is to space your doses. Your body produces more O-desmethyltramadol when there's already tramadol in your system being metabolized.

Wait... so it is actually better to space out the trammy doses? Thats great advice!! I take 400mg all at once and i usually start feeling the effects an hour and 30min after dosing, peaking at 2h and30min. Effects usually end on the 5h mark haha. How would you go about spacing out my dose? I don't dose every day (usually waiting a day or two in between,..makes my tolerance back to baseline). Thanks :)

Split your dose into three or four parts. Personally, I take 100mgs every 20-30 minutes til I reach 300-400 mgs. Sometimes I'll also start with 150mgs followed by 50mgs every 15 minutes. It may take a while for the opioid effects to peak but when it does the whole experience feels noticeably stronger and lasts longer. Nothing amazing, but th difference is enough for me to stick to this type of dosing schedule.