• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Preventing drug induced chemical addiction

MeDieViL

Bluelighter
So ive tried heroin and methodane a couple times before but they just kinda made me feel blank, today i bought 2 bottles of 100ml and all of a sudden i fell half asleep and saw the most beatifull colors, its not something id like to do all day, i didnt find the state productive, i didnt turn into a learning machine like on amp, or talk to others and make good memorys, it just did what is expected chemically really, directly activate the reward receptors by bypassing everything else, im not a fan of that, i rather go trough, talking, music, making memorys and from there in the reward pathway, the experience was fun but all i remember is a mild feeling of the best feeling, the most beatifull colors etc, i imagine in recreational doses or with heroin youd feel a orgasm or something, id rather avoid that as such good feelings should be preserved for certain activitys,

It does seem allright in low doses to smooth amp out, now my question is, pharmacologically wise, what are good ways to prevent mental addiction? perhaps the dxm to prevent sensitization is working as i enjoyed it but im like bleh, ppl say its like feeling god or something, im not a fan, i wonna play around on earth and have fun here, rather then having some synthetic reward not induced by activitys, kinda like the synthetic paradise god talks about, the only paradise i want is what we build ourselves, same with fun.

Also im adding naltrexone, it improves impulsivity and decission making, while opiates have benefits in differened ways, it will be a interestesting experiiment.

I don't really like this new trend of adding a shitload of unnecessary chemicals on top of the drug you like taking but are afraid to develop tolerance and get addicted. The recipe is simple - take them sparingly or in case of opioids perhaps don't take them at all, especially if you know you can't handle it, few people can and mostly they're those who don't enjoy opioids. And I'm sorry but all those pseudopharmacological backgrounds for the decision are simply ridiculous (I mean "I'll add A for this and B for that"), DXM added to methadone is going to prevent sensitization? Are you kidding me? You act like you take precautions and driven by scientific knowledge, but the truth is it's the same defense mechanism we all went through at the very beginning when we had to rationalize taking another dose of something that's clearly just about to take full control over us. Don't manipulate yourself, it's the worst you can do.

Methadone + heroin is like asking for an overdose; methadone + DXM is also like asking for an overdose, it won't prevent anything, it will only make it stronger and they're both far from short-acting drugs. If you consider naltrexone, why not consider sticking to naltrexone alone taken daily at 50mg/day to prevent tolerance and addiction? =D

the only paradise i want is what we build ourselves, same with fun.

There must be a reason why you do not experience this real paradise at the moment, am I right? Aren't we all, myself included? Your decision to make seems like escaping for a short while to rest/regain inner energy to then start fighting for what you truly want, because right now you're too tired for some reason. Maybe I'm taking this too far, but anyway, it's not, this shit is going to make you weaker and then you can forget about true joy out of "real" life, at best you'll be occupied with kicking opioids, at worst you'll be blindly looking forward for the next shot.

Last edited:
Using drugs in moderation to make up for a deficit, as in medical use, doesn't lead to addiction as much. Using drugs to enhance normal activities (in whatever way), seems to be a close second. Also, there are some drugs, such as caffeine, that tend to be pretty easy to regulate. If all you look forward to is that hit that makes you stare at the wall for hours, then that's a problem.

So results:

Taking methadone for 5 days with DXM resulted in complete lack of mental or physical addiction to methadone (i expect opiate addiction to occur after 3 days as has happened with tramadol in the past for me) and i mostly withdrew of my clonazepam, for about 90% i could pretty much stop taking it.

Methadone without DXM resulted in physical and mild mental addiction.

DXM added to methadone is going to prevent sensitization? Are you kidding me?
Sensitization is mediate trough the glutamate system, wheter it works or not is up in the air as rodent results dont allways apply to humans, for tolerance prevention tons of anecdotes indicate succes, my results dont mean much but hopefully prompt more people to try this intervention and report succes.

You are one of those people that skeptical about everything related to minimizing the downsides of drug use, let me remind you that there are ibogaine clinicals in existence which produce results which make any positive outcome of preventing sensitization pale in comparison.

You act like you take precautions and driven by scientific knowledge, but the truth is it's the same defense mechanism we all went through at the very beginning when we had to rationalize taking another dose of something that's clearly just about to take full control over us. Don't manipulate yourself, it's the worst you can do.
In well aware of the possibility of drug addiction and i dont use any defence mechanism or excuse to take anything at all, that said taking drugs sporadically is offcourse one of the methods to minimalise the risk of addiction, HOWEVER in many cases does sporadic use lead to full blown addiction so its a meaningfull suggestion but saddenly wont work out in the true world in many cases.

unnecessary chemicals on top of the drug

How necessary certain chemicals are depends on someone goals, personal results and other factors.

methadone + DXM is also like asking for an overdose, it won't prevent anything, it will only make it stronger and they're both far from short-acting drugs. If you consider naltrexone, why not consider sticking to naltrexone alone taken daily at 50mg/day to prevent tolerance and addiction?
I havent seen any evidence that dxm with methadone leads to overdoses, feel free to correct me if im wrong, memantine has been associated with breathing problems in some cases.

Well wheter i take naltrexone or methadone depends on the goal i would try to achieve, naltrexone decreases impulsivity while in my case opioids make patience, saving money, looking forward to stuff possible, i cant explain it but thats their therapeutic effect, this ONLY occurs after going trough opiate withdrawal a few days wne then retaking opiates, otherwise they are immume to me.

If all you look forward to is that hit that makes you stare at the wall for hours, then that's a problem.
That effect is awefull and i cant understand how anyone would like that, im a upper person and the plan is to get high on high doses of stims in the weekend, or take empathogens, living like that on heroin causes a life devoid of memorys, but im not a downer person so i dont understand how someone allways their life to be wated that way, the ultimate joy in life is achieving things and living a normal and productive life, something thatg has been hard for me as the ultimate functional stim 10mg dex has been taken away from me in the uk and i have to self medicate with legal highs.

There must be a reason why you do not experience this real paradise at the moment, am I right?
I suffer from severe anhedonia, its ultimate torture, only stims help me, without stims i dont respond to any drug at all, they fix my baseline reward, my chemistry relates to shizophrenia, stims have been shown to work for anhedonia in shizophrenia.

Anhedonia is NOT boredom, its extreme mental torture which you can only get trough by trying to sleep, its horrible that you have to endure waking hours, boredom on the other hand is not doing the right activitys, what you implicate is that i try to escape reality which isnt the case.

Besides amphetamine or stims, benzo withdrawal produces some kind of relief from anhedonia but only for 3 days and it never lasts longer, not does withdrawing of benzos work, it only occurs during acute withdrawal.

I feel a bit crappy but im holding off buying opiates for a bit, the mental addiction isnt that strong, or it could be that ive allways been more of a recreational drug user, in contrast to stims which are therapeutic, i can take dex in low daily doses tough, but cant controll rcs, not really a big problem pushing trough comedowns, or leaving non anhedonic releiving drugs to a minimum.

I seem to have some sort withdrawy stim induced mania? this shitty opiate withdrawal feeling maybe pushes me a bit more hyper, opiates seem relaxing but they inhibit the immume system and lower testosterone so its better to stay a bit with a shitty feeling, as long i dont have anhedonia im fine.

As an aside the longest ive been on stims was about 2 weeks except a few exceptions, mostly a week on and a week off, but now i have a bigger supply, just gotta figure out how ill use opiates, as an aside stims on opiate withdrawal arent that bad, stims on benzo withdrawal are quite unpleasant, increased anxiety.

Bleh this is quite unpleasant, one important thing to note tough as that i realise the importance of sleep more instead of not carding on stims, combined with other minor stuff, naltrexome improves impulsivity and it must improve decission making, i remember after taking codeine i started wasting money.

uggh i want loperamide lol, need to relax feel like puking and a bit dysphoric so keep on rambling in this post, bleh.

i keep on saying differened things like on antipsychotics, im actually planning to use methadone therapeutically but im saying stuff other members would more likely to approve like stop opiates and only take loperamide, this withdrawal has some effect on insecurity and wanting other members approval, risperdal did the same thing to me but thats because it removed my personality, thats a diff mechanism. I do feel insecure while opiates never really made me more secure, strange., also feel insecure this post sounds stupid,

I normallydont feel insecure like this, bleh time for babestation

Last edited:
As an aside i stopped dxm as opiates only work for me after i induce sensitization and addiction, go trought withdrawal for a day and then restart them, i should clarify this as otherwise it looks like i completely failed the goal i pointed out in the first post, which imo points to some succes, because 5 days, no withdrawal or craving, and even tramadol induced hard core addiction after 3 days, it was a little experiment which doesnt mean that much, but hopefully prompts others to try it,

As an aside loperamide abolished the "insecurity mania"