• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids prevalence of real opium

Wutang_Forever

Bluelighter
Tomorrow i'm hitting a fest where (hopefully) i'll score some opium. My question is what are the chances that it will be the real deal? Last time i found some that was dark and sticky almost like melty gum, but everyone swore up and down that it was "soapium", seemed real enough to me. Is there a way to determine legitimacy, and what might people substitute for the real deal?

Thanks

If you're in the US chances are zero. You might have someone sell you bth and call it opium, but that's not too likely at a festival. You'll get soapium. Enjoy.

Doesn't exist where I live.

If someone wants to smoke an sticky opiate, they'll just smoke BTH. Which will get you higher than smoking opium would too, I'd imagine anyway.

Sure did knock me out last time, 4 big hits and you were literally asleep. It was super cheap too, so that also gave me some doubts. smelled super like flowers and would stink any pipe you put it in for months
I think i'll get some anyways if i see it :)

Sticky incense laced with fentanyl used to circulate on the festie circuit. I suspect that's what WuTang had. Real opium in the US as people above have mentioned is pretty much non-existent outside niche circles. A variety of bunk products circulate under the name, though, including various concoctions like the aforementioned fentanyl laced incense that might be actually psychoactive, including cut to shit BTH I think, and even weirder stuff, but no, your chances of scoring opium that's been milked out of actual P. somniferum is zero.

If you are in a Western nation the chance of authenticity is next to none. Even here in SE Asia Western tourists get hustled with garbage. Those of us with experience here can still find it difficult to get anything worthwhile. That said I just got a nice piece so it is here (in Cambodia).

Real opium in the US as people above have mentioned is pretty much non-existent outside niche circles....your chances of scoring opium that's been milked out of actual P. somniferum is zero.

This. I'd venture to guess that 99% of the world's opium supply is diverted to the manufacture of illicit diacetylmorphine (H) and legit pharms. I know for a fact that there is a small population of individuals who regularly travel to the middle east or southeast asia and bring back real opium, but this population is very small (as is the amount of opium they bring back) and unless you actually know one of these people, all you're going to find is "soapium".

Your best bet is growing your own field of poppies.

Yeah I was at a show 20 years ago and the bullshit they sold me was like soft road tar,pretty disgusting to smoke if I do say so. I was way to drunk to buy something I wasn't familiar with(sure they seen my dumbass coming)!

I only ever had it twice. The first time me and a buddy grew a pretty decently large patch of P.S. and when we collected we had about a golf ball sized lump each. I was so excited I could not even contain myself. But my buddy decided (probably watched too much breaking bad) to turn his into heroin. He followed step by step procedures, meanwhile I am in the corner absolutely blitzed smoking my opium watching him self destroy his stash trying to tell him to quit while he is ahead. He got so bothered with me telling him that he said: "Fine! then when I turn this into H you don't get ANY!" I told him if I wanted H I would just go next door to our dealers apartment LOL. He wasn't happy about that.

Anyways he finally got his product into what should be morphine and it was such a small amount of powder, and I was not sure if you could sniff it or shoot it the way he made it, but it seemed like such a waste. When he saw how little the yield was he knew he didn't have enough to make more than like 1 hit of heroin. So he stopped there and got high on the morphine.

The thing that pissed me off the most was he was acting all holier than thou the whole time telling me how he was going to make all this heroin blablabla and how I couldn't have any, then he kept pestering me for my share. I actually gave him a pretty decent sized pinch because I felt bad for him and wanted him to at least try it. But this entitled mother fucker said that he deserved half of my share because we both grew them. To this day I could not believe he said that. Anybody else think that is a shitty attitude? I am sharing what I have left over and he demands half of all that I have left. Greedy son of a bitch.

The second time I had it was when I visited Hong Kong. They have a great drug scene (just DO NOT get caught) at first they tried to sell me some bunk shit, but since I grew my own I knew what the looks, smell, and consistency were like so I called him out on it and started walking away. He started running after me, "no no no no wait pleas please!!!" He was this wacky guy from Bangladesh. And he said he could get me much better more "more better please sir, I say you more better... please follow me." So he took me down this fucking sketchy as FUCK alley way into an apartment building into a room that I swear was barely bigger than a closet with no windows, just a Chinese guy sitting at a computer. He only spoke Cantonese (I can speak mandarin I studied in college that was kind of why I went). So they seemed to be fighting back and forth my guess was he didn't like that a 6 foot 1 ~200 lbs american who looked like a bearded special forces operator in his room asking to buy drugs. LOL

Well they settled down, and then the desk he was sitting at propped open and the monitor and everything on the desk was bolted down and a hollow space was underneath (it was pretty clever). Then he grabbed a silver metal briefcase (yes just like the ones you would see in movie lol) and inside was my wet dream. Damn near every type of drug imaginable. I first spotted the Opium which was cheap as hell. Then I saw some triad gold... heroin fresh out of the golden triangle (real powerful shit). They even warned me this not like like anything you have in America before, be careful. I got like 4 grams of it for peanuts! Drugs were SO damn cheap there. Well, opiates were, I was thinking about getting some coke and ex but the coke was retardedly expensive and the E was like 25 U.S. dollars a piece so I only got 4 of those. But after that I tipped the middleman 20 USD and asked him to take me to the best Indian restaurant in the area and a pharmacy I could buy rigs at.

The opium was exactly the same as I remembered so nothing new there. But the dope... the dope was sooooooooo fire. I mean when you injected it there was this taste all around your tongue that was so much more powerful and assertive than U.S. dope and a VERY pungent smell. OMG that stuff was insane sooooooo fucking good, It took me the rest of the month to finish my supply because of how strong it was and I know this was risky but I brought about 7/10ths of a gram with me (prison luggage wrapped in three condoms). For the flight home because I couldn't be in WD during a total of 43.7 hours worth of total flying including layover in Japan I had also picked up some xanax from a pharmacy for the flight. Lasted me all the way to America where I got rid of everything before going through customs. It was the best 43.7 hours I can remember in a looooong time. I mean I just got to sit around get high watch movies and eat food for two days straight without having to worry about a damn thing.

Sorry about the length of the post I was just getting nostalgic that was an amazing experience.

Sticky incense laced with fentanyl used to circulate on the festie circuit. I suspect that's what WuTang had. Real opium in the US as people above have mentioned is pretty much non-existent outside niche circles. A variety of bunk products circulate under the name, though, including various concoctions like the aforementioned fentanyl laced incense that might be actually psychoactive, including cut to shit BTH I think, and even weirder stuff, but no, your chances of scoring opium that's been milked out of actual P. somniferum is zero.
Fentanyl laced eh? i suspected it might be some weird internet powder cut into sticky flower incense, still gets me high as a kite. And for the price its the cheapest and best high on the lot!

That story about Hong Kong is pretty sweet Mad Dog. Never been there myself but have always wanted to go..
I know of a property where growing it just makes sense, so people have taken advantage and I've gotten to experience it..
Shortly after that I went to college in a town in the Midwest and for whatever reason one day when I was looking for green, dude asked me if I would rather have opium.. Saying fuck yes, he handed me a large marble size ball of the real deal.. And it was awesome.. That shit was around for like two months and then bam, it was gone. I lived there for a few more years and never have seen it since even though I still live in the area.
For whatever reason that college town gets some of the best drugs I've ever seen. But it's been over a decade since seeing true opium.. I know some people grow and harvest around here, but they always just keep it for themselves.. Which I can't blame them.. So people just settle for the white china around here which is everywhere.

Last edited:
In the "western world" rare. In the United States and Canada, exceedingly rare. The international drug-trade is a business and no smart-minded businessman (such men retain their holdings by being savvy) would smuggle opium latex across well-policed borders when it could be easily broken down into its constituent, valued parts at at least 1/10th the weight. I was less-learned on drugs back in my teenage years, but that slight point of logic would've saved me some money. I still don't know what I smoked exactly but it sure as shit was not morphine.

I'm extremely jealous of that story MadDash lol that sounds like an amazing time

I agree that the chance of finding smuggled opium is very rare, maybe even impossible.. And I would also say that finding locally or US grown opium for purchase is also very rare.. That being said there is a larger number of people growing it for themselves than a lot of people sounds like they believe. It is commonly known what the poppy plant produces. I also think that with the number of people desiring organically grown goods, which includes medicine, the number is going to continue to rise..

haha thanks, I felt bad about writing such a long post, but it was just a really unique experience that people always love hearing thanks for reading it! :)