• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Prescription drug that has similar effect to MDMA?

If you are prepared to wait about 7 or 8 years- MDMA!

Of course I would really hope sooner than that, but I think it would be unrealistic to expect the tyrants barricades to be undone on this matter in less time frame than that at the pace things seem to move progressively in this world at least.

First off, this is to answer your question(OP), do NOT do this but....
Back when I had a bit of a tolerance going I found that about 3,000-4,000mg gabapentin + 900-1200mg pregabalin + 90-120mg Oxy + 100mcg fentanyl patches over the course of the day kept me pretty social and generally i fucking hate people. Haha

Sociability and inhibition drastically improved, I was high as shit, yet still functional. As far as being ACTUALLY similar in feeling to MDMA I can't say as I unfortunately have never tried it.

Now how about a prescription, OTC, herbal, improvised, or underground pharmaceutical with the opposite effect?

I don't know if I would count naloxone and nalorphine and the like because people usually don't take it on purpose. Usually, they get a fentanyl/carfentanil/pure smack surprise and the next thing they know, they are in hospital in the midst of a liquid pinwheel upchuck session unswallowing the whole day's food and very upset. The antagonist administration is a great thing to have happen to one, of course, but no fun I am sure. Or else they go in an see a doctor who calls them a junky and they argue, the doctor says, "OK, wisearse, why don't you take a Nalline (or these days usually Narcan) Challenge Test?" So the patient temporises for a bit and says "OK, fucker, let's do it" and much the same thing happens . . .

Last edited:
Why would you want the opposite of social effects...who wants a drug that makes them anti social?

Why would you want the opposite of social effects...who wants a drug that makes them anti social?

For the intellectual exercise. Maybe also so people can avoid it there is indeed such a drug.
People claim that opioids cause people to be anti-social, which makes it obvious they never had them.

There isn’t really...I guess stuff that’s sedating or maybe anti psychotics

I can see it being handy, like if you are worried about a friend, who has a hard time not coming clean, spilling the beans under interrogation.

But much more usefully, when guests outstay their welcome and just won't bloody shut up lol. "Fancy another cup of tea yet Brian?"

I mean, outside of the entire class of empathogens/entactogens maybe. Naturally MDA, MDE, 5-APB, methylone etc. will feel a lot more similar to MDMA. A standard dose of 2-3g of phenibut though certainly feels more like a low-dose of molly than say a small amount meth does to me. But it doesn't scale up, and it's not terribly reliable. It's always kind of like the feeling of taking 75-125mg in little bursts, it's not consistent. Some people say you can have a very MDMA-like experience on meth or coke if it's high quality, but I've never really felt that beyond a few moments here and there.
It's funny you mention this. I had some.high quality crystal meth a few months ago and after smoking a little bit of it, I could of sworn I was rolling like having a come up on MDMA...minus the eye wiggles and the body sensations from certain colors.
Other then that, MDMA is such a unique drug I wouldn't dare think of a drug that can compare to it in effects really. It truly is one of a kind

No pharmaceutical drug exists as you imagine.

Ghb is great to lower inhibitions and has a bit of euphoria too. Its completely different but closest of anything i can suggest.

Desoxy (methamphetamine hydrochloride if I'm not mistaken) but as others said nothing prescribed can give the same effects as MDMA at the moment.

SSRI's during the first few days can feel pretty euphoric.. vortioxetine is a somewhat similar drug, serotonin activation at 1A. That's as close as I can think of to serotonin based euphoria.

I feel better taking an SSRI at least. Lol