• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Preparing a Palladone (SR Hydromorphone) for snorting or nasal spray

MrRoot

Bluelight Crew
Hi there,

Hopefylly there are some Canadiens with their HydromorphContin or people who remember Palladone that was withdrawn in 2005 by FDA because alcohol intake causing dose dumping.

So in short. I need pain management and I used 80mg per day oxycodone (OxyContin OC) until last monday (Yes old formula still available here in scandinavia). Got tired of change of body temperature etc. side-effects and changed in to hydromorphone (Palladon, same as Palladone) (Yes we still have it here). Everything went well with painmanagement, except I cant do same with Palladon that I did with OC if I had breakthrough pains, which according to DRs I should not even have with my condition and because of that they wont give any IR meds. So anyways in case of BT pain I took quarter or half of OC and chewed it up and it worked.

But the my hydromorphone (Palladon) is in capsule and contains small "beads" which are sustained release.

So in case of BT pain do I just open the capsule, measure a quarter, crush them, (seem like diamonds in strength) and snort them? 8o

Or something more hifi like putting capsule contents in small container, adding few drops of strong ethanol, crushing and stirring, adding NaCL 0,9% solution few a ml (like 10ml), stirring and shaking, letting settle, taking clear liquid out by dropper with filter and putting it in nasal spray can and the spraying it in my nose?

Only questions in this are whether the residue contains precious hydromorphone, how long it survives in saline solution at room temperature and could I use nebulizer somehow with this?

I am not trying to say that I would not ever use it recreationally by snorting, but the main reason is for the BT pain. And as I know how much hydromorphone I put in the original container I put and how much saline solution I add I can calculate mg/ml ratio and if I get nasal spray that "guarantees" amount of liquid per press I can keep track how much I have used.

I would rather have nasal spray or nebulizer in public than cosplay Nurse Jackie in restroom 8)

There must be someone snorting SR hydromorphone I guessi?

Did you ever find a solution to this? eating them just seems a bit of a waste, even when chewed and held under tongue.
even tried mixing with a bit of water and boiling it but it just turned into a paste :\

If possible I would try and crush the bead as fine as you can with a mortar and pestle. If they crush up into a fine enough powder, try sniffing it and see what happens if not then maybe try making the nasal spray solution. I have never had HM in a sustained/extended release. I have had Adderall XR though with the beads, and using a mortar and pestle I was able to crush those beads to a fine enough powder that worked fine for sniffing. That is the only pill I have had with those beads in it to compare to your HM SRs. I have heard those HM contin pills can be crushed and abused by sniffing, plugging, or IV. Do you have a mortar and pestle to do this with? if not maybe try crushing the beads between two spoons as I have also heard works ok at breaking them down in some ER pills, like the ones your talking about. Its a shame that HM has such an awful oral BA for a pill meant to be taken that way. And also LOL at the Nurse Jackie comment you made, great show! Except those "roxys" she was snorting were no where close to what an actual oxy ir looks like, not even as small as a Percocet, like 3x the size of a perc lol.

Last edited:
Lol with bringing this up.

During the time I did the original post I was just about to turn into addict from painmanagement patient. Timing for bringing this up is very good since I am about to enter opiate replacement therapy.

And yes I found a solution which also turned me into an addict :)

I just let the beads settle in saline water along with a little bit of isopropyl alcohol for two days and then put the solution into nebulizer.

Worked well. Really well. Too well. So well that I decided to use the nebulizer so often that I got high from it and then I was doing that until I switched back to oxycodone as it was easier to get from multiple doctors...

That solution can be quite good for sometime but IMO it should be used as mean to quit. I've used methadone for so many years and it was very difficult to get off of it. It was great in the beginning. Should I have opt to stop in a couple of months, it would have saved me a lot of suffering.