• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin preparing #4 heroin

simco

Bluelight Crew
I have a couple years of experience insufflating heroin (East Coast powder), but I never IV'd it. For reasons I won't get into, I'm considering trying to take a shot of it. If folks want, we can discuss how bad an idea this is... I always said that needles were a line I wouldn't cross. But in the interest of harm reduction, could anyone answer a couple questions for me (I know several megathreads have answers scattered piecemeal. But a lot of contradictory info there)?

1. as far as I can tell, if it's #4 heroin, no citric acid is need to dissolve it. just add water. is that right? i trust the source of the H and have experience snorting the exact gear I'll be shooting. seems to be the real deal.
2. i've read conflicting things about heating the mixture. it seems to me that if you're shooting something, you probably want to sterilize it, no? that would mean boiling. (for what it's worth, i've got sterile water from the needle exchange people. but still, the dope has to be non-sterile!). if i burn off a bit of dope, that's worth it to me to avoid gawdawful shit down the road.
3. ratio of water/gear by volume? i think the answer is: minimum amount of water needed to dissolve the gear. but for my first time, i'm planning to go with a *very* light dose. does it hurt anything if i add a little extra water to make drawing the solution into the syringe/through the filter more manageable?
4. veins to choose? during blood tests, several phlebotomists have told me I have "amazing veins." they certain do pop right out. any advice on where is a good "starter vein?" by that i mean: a vein that will be easy to hit and hopefully won't roll away partway through injecting.

Thanks in advance for any advice. I still may not do this. But the stars have aligned in a way that has really got me jonesing to try it.
PS: I have narcan and a sober buddy on hand, for those kind souls who worry.
-Sim

1. Just add water then filter.
2. DO NOT heat it.
3. The solubility of heroin is over 500mg per 1ml, it is extremely water soluble. Dilute to your preferred strength.
4. Crook of the arm is most popular.

Obviously all the normal warnings about this being probably the worst decision of your life and so on and so forth.. but don't let me stop you (I know I can't).

1. Correct.
2. The amount sterilized vs the amount of cut dissolved due to heating makes it not worth it imo. I wouldn't. I don't. Not with tar, not with powder.
3. some odd 330mg of dope is absorbed in 100 units. just use 20-40ml depending on how much dope you're using, should be alright. Use a small piece of cotton. Like, very small. Big enough but not bigger.
4. Crook of the elbow mane. The big ones in the middle ftw

1. Correct.
2. The amount sterilized vs the amount of cut dissolved due to heating makes it not worth it imo. I wouldn't. I don't. Not with tar, not with powder.
3. some odd 330mg of dope is absorbed in 100 units. just use 20-40ml depending on how much dope you're using, should be alright. Use a small piece of cotton. Like, very small. Big enough but not bigger.
4. Crook of the elbow mane. The big ones in the middle ftw

wat

Don't heat it. Gently enough not to spill it although enough to mix the dope. I've taken up to fifteen minutes to mix fat amounts of tar.

Heat isn't needed although for fat tar amounts or pills a few seconds of heat to the spoon /metal mixer to create a hot surface and help break the dope / pill clumps down, but it allows more filler binder to get through filters if not allowed to cool and even then still. Don't inject pills with out micron filter preferably 0.2 micron rating. Even for dope it's helpful. You can get away with sterile cotton balls. If there's a needle exchange nearby go there. They can't help you shoot, but they can get what you need.

Use distilled bottled water boiled for five - ten minutes in a stainless steel container steralized with the highest purity isopropyl soaked clean paper towel. That is if you can't go to belt exchange. It takes five minutes of high heat that would destroy any dope if you try to sterilize it. That's what micron filters are for. Cotton is the next thing that has a 50 micron filter rating at best.

Use the outside vein in the crook or up the arm if you see it run from your wrist to your elbow crook. I find that one rolls the least.

Iv is a horrid habit. Don't let it consume you

Edit : I forgot to add use as little water as possible.

Last edited:
Please don't do it.
Whatever reasoning you've come up with to justify turning to IV, I think it's safe to say you will regret it.

thanks, all, for the good info. and for those folks encouraging me not to do this, i'll take your advice to heart, too. i know it's a fucking bad idea. but getting addicted to smack was a bad idea too, so i see to have problems making good decisions, at least when it comes to drugs. i'm trying, though. meanwhile, just trying to minimize collateral damage.