• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Pregabalin recreational use vs withdrawals

somethingcreative

Greenlighter
So I've read all sorts of horror stories of being trying to get of just 75mg per day.. That's quite scary since my dosage is 10-12x that.
Not a daily dose that is - let's say every 4th or 5th day..
I've been doing this for about 4 months now..

I quit kratom c/t 12 days ago, and while the anxiety was at its worst in the beginning, it isn't much better now.

Some seem to breeze through it with a runny nose, some people suffer extreme agitation and anxiety..

But now I start to worry that my 2x a week Lyrica support is perhaps what the issue is -
- I find that on a lyrica day, while I don't feel the best i could feel, my anxiety is lubricated somewhat, and I enjoy the day.
- The day after, the anxiety is not too bad, but by day 2, it is horrid again, and pretty much stays on a level horidness until my next dose.
--This could either be
---The glutamate reduction caused by the lyrica carries over to the day after, but is back in full force by the following day to that.
---OR on day 2 I start experiencing withdrawals
----But it isn't like my next dose completely removes these withdrawals if they are so I am not sure..
----I'd also like to think that by not being a daily user, I won't get withdrawals.

Lyrica is the only thing getting me through these (assumed to be pure) kratom withdrawals, but I am quite hesitant to use it now because I'm worried I'm just prolonging my suffering..

Any XP'd recreational users who can chip in? What is your dosing frequency, dose (per day) and do you feel any adverse effects?

(Also if i can just ask since I have you here, have you ever combined with shrooms?)

Thanks!

Quit partying with Lyrica and taper your dose down slow.

At that dose 750 mg - 1g, you can safely, not necessarily happily, reduce your dose to a normal dose or even completely stop usage over the course of a month.

The slower the easier. YMMV. The side effects may subjectively stink, but IMO, not as harsh as benzo withdrawal.

Key word in the last part is subjectively. Don't psych yourself out on people's horror stories.

Simply lower your dose at a slow, but progressive rate.

I have not combined with shrooms. Any other rec drug, I have simply noticed a dulling of the effects, but even that depends on your psychological make up.

If you are concerned with Lyrica/pregabalin wd's, I would probably not introduce mushrooms to the mix, until you understood how the pregabalin works first.

There is also a Lyrica mega thread in OD, that is worth a look over.

Last edited:
First of all, does lyrica have any effects similar to benzodiazapines that actually make it have a similar thing you are describing

It's an easy drug to get off of at 3 to 5oo mg per day for one year....I had minimal WD after tapering down.

Hijack:

Do the cognitive side effects where you feel slightly stoned from weed go away if u keep dosing daily?

I take this drug on amd off according to my pain... But it makes me kind of stupid which is a big problem for work because my job is mentally strenuous.

I'd rather just take it all the time even when not in pain of that means I get used to it and don't have these cognitive deficits. What does everyone think?

Quit partying with Lyrica and taper your dose down slow.

At that dose 750 mg - 1g, you can safely, not necessarily happily, reduce your dose to a normal dose or even completely stop usage over the course of a month.

The slower the easier. YMMV. The side effects may subjectively stink, but IMO, not as harsh as benzo withdrawal.

Key word in the last part is subjectively. Don't psych yourself out on people's horror stories.

Simply lower your dose at a slow, but progressive rate.

I have not combined with shrooms. Any other rec drug, I have simply noticed a dulling of the effects, but even that depends on your psychological make up.

If you are concerned with Lyrica/pregabalin wd's, I would probably not introduce mushrooms to the mix, until you understood how the pregabalin works first.

There is also a Lyrica mega thread in OD, that is worth a look over.

I'm not partying on Lyrica, I am using it as a tool to get through the week..

I'm not sure how I can actually taper down on something I use sporadically.. Seems to make more sense that I just stop, however, if twice a week usage is not going to risk withdrawals, then I'd like to continue using it until the Kratom withdrawals go away, else I'm going to have to deal with 7 shitty days a week instead of 5ish.

Yes it works via the gaba system, by reducing glutamate in the system, however it does not lead to the hammering of the gaba receptors like benzos do. Using it daily will create a dependency of some sort (else why would daily users get w/d), but not the same as benzos

It's an easy drug to get off of at 3 to 5oo mg per day for one year....I had minimal WD after tapering down.

Hijack:

Do the cognitive side effects where you feel slightly stoned from weed go away if u keep dosing daily?

I take this drug on amd off according to my pain... But it makes me kind of stupid which is a big problem for work because my job is mentally strenuous.

I'd rather just take it all the time even when not in pain of that means I get used to it and don't have these cognitive deficits. What does everyone think?

I don't user it daily.. There are some cognitive effects on the days I use it, mainly memory (and especially if I combine with weed, focus). I think using it daily creates the 'stupid' side effects, even at low doses, I was on it at 150m/d for 2 weeks, and I became really stupid.. couldn't remember phone numbers, or passwords etc

Using it sporadically doesn't result in cognitive side effects the next day

So I've read all sorts of horror stories of being trying to get of just 75mg per day.. That's quite scary since my dosage is 10-12x that.
Not a daily dose that is - let's say every 4th or 5th day..
I've been doing this for about 4 months now..

I quit kratom c/t 12 days ago, and while the anxiety was at its worst in the beginning, it isn't much better now.

Some seem to breeze through it with a runny nose, some people suffer extreme agitation and anxiety..

But now I start to worry that my 2x a week Lyrica support is perhaps what the issue is -
- I find that on a lyrica day, while I don't feel the best i could feel, my anxiety is lubricated somewhat, and I enjoy the day.
- The day after, the anxiety is not too bad, but by day 2, it is horrid again, and pretty much stays on a level horidness until my next dose.
--This could either be
---The glutamate reduction caused by the lyrica carries over to the day after, but is back in full force by the following day to that.
---OR on day 2 I start experiencing withdrawals
----But it isn't like my next dose completely removes these withdrawals if they are so I am not sure..
----I'd also like to think that by not being a daily user, I won't get withdrawals.

Lyrica is the only thing getting me through these (assumed to be pure) kratom withdrawals, but I am quite hesitant to use it now because I'm worried I'm just prolonging my suffering..

Any XP'd recreational users who can chip in? What is your dosing frequency, dose (per day) and do you feel any adverse effects?

(Also if i can just ask since I have you here, have you ever combined with shrooms?)

Thanks!

I suffered from preg WD which sounds a bit like you are describing after using it twice per week. Technically speaking it may be rebound anxiety rather than pure WD. But it's still nasty as fuck.

The next day I would feel fine and then the day after it would hit me. It got worse quite quickly as the weeks went on. I also found that when I took the pregabalin it would not get rid of the WD completely. Rather it would soften the anxiety etc (plus give a positive mood and so on) but the WD would still be there in the background.

I've never had kratom WD though so can't say for sure it isn't that...just providing my experience.

If stopping entirely is too daunting you could stabilise yourself by going on to a daily dose which is lower than your dose when you currently use. E.g. 400mg/day or something like that. Then taper off from there after being stable for a couple of weeks. I've found that WD is surprisingly manageable when you taper, but horrible when your dose is all over the place or you have a big drop.

^^ good point. Btw, most people's brains adjust to cannabis usage and the cognative deficits go away/your body gets used to the side effects.

Now if a person uses more than they really need, or without being relatively decent health wise, combinding cannabis with other substances that may cause cognitive issues, the side effects will be more pronounced and may cause longer lasting defects.

Un hijack

Afa the pregabalin goes, no matter how you use it, within reason, the slower (subjective) you lower your dose, the easier it will be to get off it.

That's why some people feel it's the most horrible thing to quit and others can drop it without hardly noticing.

I suffered from preg WD which sounds a bit like you are describing after using it twice per week. Technically speaking it may be rebound anxiety rather than pure WD. But it's still nasty as fuck.

The next day I would feel fine and then the day after it would hit me. It got worse quite quickly as the weeks went on. I also found that when I took the pregabalin it would not get rid of the WD completely. Rather it would soften the anxiety etc (plus give a positive mood and so on) but the WD would still be there in the background.

I've never had kratom WD though so can't say for sure it isn't that...just providing my experience.

If stopping entirely is too daunting you could stabilise yourself by going on to a daily dose which is lower than your dose when you currently use. E.g. 400mg/day or something like that. Then taper off from there after being stable for a couple of weeks. I've found that WD is surprisingly manageable when you taper, but horrible when your dose is all over the place or you have a big drop.

Sorry for late reply!
So when you say "It got worse quite quickly as the weeks went on" does this mean that it got worse the longer you were abusing Lyrica, or the withdrawals got worse?
Did you stop taking eventually? How long did it take for your anxiety levels to return to baseline (if ever)?