• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Pregab/benzos....Help with anxiety please.

Mighty-oak

Bluelighter
I have been on Valium at 10mg a day for 15 years. It was first prescribed after I started getting terrible panic attacks, it worked well for the first few years then did not do much so Dr upped my dose, strange thing was it made me feel more anxious so lowered it back to 10mg per day. 5 years ago I started getting panic attacks again whilst on 10mg valium so my Dr put me on 0.5mg of Klonopin, this really helped but past 2 years it has not been helping that much and Dr has me lowering the dose of my Klon now. He has prescribed me Pregabalin tabs to be taken daily.......Now this is where things get tricky! I am so so anxious at the mo' and even find going out of my house is hard..... I am scared these Pregabalin tabs will make me even worse as in anxiety wise, plus I read on the net that they are like benzos as in they are very hard to come off and you need more and more dose wise.....What do I do as feel so trapped here, I cant even collect my daughter, friend has to walk my dog, I feel so tense all day then fall asleep for an hour during the day, bad nights sleep etc etc
Thanks greatly for any help in advance.

I never really got anxiety relief from pregab. Still find Clonaz to be most helpful. Yea it gets a bit wearing after 10 years. I wish ya the best, Hard with anxiety. PM me if ya wanna chat. PS I am finding lyrica harder to get off than benzos!

Thanks knightworrier. I found Clonaz better than all anti-anxiety meds, better than Diaz (Valium) still on 10mg a day. Dr said I had to stop Clonaz as it is prescribed for epilepsy, yet he was ok to prescribe it 5 years ago to me?!