• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help precipitated withdrawl question

NeighborMike

Bluelighter
so question. if u was purposely to put myself through precipated withdrawl. would i be done detoxing?

if you only take 2mg of subutex opposed to 8. or even lower. would the PWs be less intense?

I think there are rapid detox services that work on this sort if principal. I dont think its safe without medical supervision and the relapse rates are extremely high because it does nothing to address the psychological aspects of addiction.

Detox will be shorter but still will have serious kicking after PWs die down

Yes lower dose is less intensity.

I wouldn't recommend purposely giving yourself precipitated withdrawals. If you have a serious habit, it is probably one of the most unpleasant states a human can experience. It is torturous beyond words. If someone made me choose between a precipitated withdrawals and sawing off one of my feet, I would seriously consider the latter, no exaggeration

lol no. You will simply feel like you have been ravaged by god is all.

Why subs? IV some narcan.

I know a kid that is hooked on dope He woke up sick, IV a 12mg strip and almost went into cardiac arrest. He went to the hospital since his BP was so high and was sick for days before dope would take his sick off.

Bad idea.

Rapid detox that put you to sleep and pump you full of benzos and narcan are a bad idea as well.

I know this is an old post but if anyone who isn't aware stumbles onto this post, do not, I repeat, DO NOT put yourself into pwd!
If you are on a long acting agonist like Methadone or Fentanyl then just wait. And my god do not do it on purpose!
You read about pwd on these recovery sites refer to it as "uncomfortable", that word dosent even begin to express the pure hell on Earth you will be in.
Imagine the worst wd you have ever been in. Now times that by 100. And imagine it all hitting you at once. It's pure and utter hell. I could sit here and describe my pwd experience in multiple pages and it still wouldn't do justice.
Please, do not take that Sub until all the full agonists are off your receptors and out of your system. There are conversion charts out there that can give you an idea of when it's safe. It's not worth it. And if you're going to a doctor to start a Subutex/Suboxone regimen, be completely honest about the last time you used and how much. It will save you in the long run.

Precipitated withdrawal probably would end your tolerance a lot faster than other methods, no clue how much faster, it just stands to reason that if you immediately remote the influence of opioid agonists your body will adjust sooner than as they gradually disappear form your body.

But uhh, here's the thing... I think you're vastly underestimating just what you'd be putting yourself though. And while opioid withdrawal isn't usually lethal, it can be medically dangerous in extreme cases, and what you're talking about is certainly extreme.

I honestly doubt I'd accept even a billion dollars to spend a 3-5 days or whatever it'd take doing what you describe. Some pain just ain't worth going through.