• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Precipitated withdrawal mis-information

nygiants1313

Bluelighter
I keep seeing all over the Internet people saying you can never take suboxone when you have any opiate in your system. I have read countless post after post in thread after thread on forum after forum and blog after blog about people spewing warnings about precipitated withdrawals to where it seems they are just writing wat they read or heard. To my experience part now.

Started oxys for couple years eventually went to shooting heroin everyday for 2-3 years. My only precipitated withdrawal was when I was young and dumb and took 4mg or 8mg (can't remember) of suboxone, 10 hours after my last 3 bag shot of dope. Me and this girl (my running partner at the time) both knew something was off very quickly and it got ugly. These were legit PWS and it took us a good 10 bags each to end the torture. BUT this was after a good 5 year everyday use of heroin/oxycodone and my first time ever trying suboxone

Now to present day. Im addicted to opiates in general using oxys half the week and subs the other half.

*****I have taken suboxone at least 100x shortly after oxycodone without going into PW. Im talking as soon as sometimes 2 hours after my last dose of oxy. YES 2 HOURS.

FOR EXAMPLE I would take adderall and then oxy 6 hours later. If i didn't feel better because let's say the amount of adderall in my system was not letting me feel the oxy i would then sniff a decent amount of suboxone. Ive done this countless times. Sonetimes I'll binge on oxys for 4-5 days and then at the end of it 8 hours after my oxy dose ill take my sub with no issues

Im still clearly addicted to opiates as I wake up in withdrawals every day until I take oxy or suboxone.

I make this post as I stated because I've read hundreds of posts on all the big forums about people stating "DO NOT TAKE SUBOXONE UNTIL YOUR IN FULL WITHDRAWAL"

While yes, I will agree that if its your FIRST time with suboxone then yes you better wait until your are very sick because you will get PWS but if you are someone like me who is constantly going back and forth you don't have to wait til you are sick every FUKING time lol.

There are many many times when im feeling like crap and may only have 15mg of oxy left and 8mg of subs. If the oxy doesn't get me to where I wanna be i don't need to wait forever to take my sub, I will take it an hour or 2 after.

Either way take from this what you will but the countless posts I've seen about not being allowed to touch subs within 24-48 hours of another opiate is ridiculous.

And yes even when i randomly shoot or snort heroin i will still take my sub 8-10 hours later if I want. Only the first time with suboxone ever is when you should be scared of PWS

I know everybody is different and reacts in different unique ways, but I've seen this to be true with myself and a couple other addicts i spoke with.

Last edited:
Im taking a break from suboxone today and doing a little hydromorph. I'm on 2mg per day of suboxone and I decided to take a one day break from it to try to feel some hydromorph . can I continue taking my subs tomorrow morning with no problems ? I've been on sub for 3 years

I keep seeing all over the Internet people saying you can never take suboxone when you have any opiate in your system. I have read countless post after post in thread after thread on forum after forum and blog after blog about people spewing warnings about precipitated withdrawals to where it seems they are just writing wat they read or heard. To my experience part now.

Started oxys for couple years eventually went to shooting heroin everyday for 2-3 years. My only precipitated withdrawal was when I was young and dumb and took 4mg or 8mg (can't remember) of suboxone, 10 hours after my last 3 bag shot of dope. Me and this girl (my running partner at the time) both knew something was off very quickly and it got ugly. These were legit PWS and it took us a good 10 bags each to end the torture. BUT this was after a good 5 year everyday use of heroin/oxycodone and my first time ever trying suboxone

Now to present day. Im addicted to opiates in general using oxys half the week and subs the other half.

*****I have taken suboxone at least 100x shortly after oxycodone without going into PW. Im talking as soon as sometimes 2 hours after my last dose of oxy. YES 2 HOURS.

FOR EXAMPLE I would take adderall and then oxy 6 hours later. If i didn't feel better because let's say the amount of adderall in my system was not letting me feel the oxy i would then sniff a decent amount of suboxone. Ive done this countless times. Sonetimes I'll binge on oxys for 4-5 days and then at the end of it 8 hours after my oxy dose ill take my sub with no issues

Im still clearly addicted to opiates as I wake up in withdrawals every day until I take oxy or suboxone.

I make this post as I stated because I've read hundreds of posts on all the big forums about people stating "DO NOT TAKE SUBOXONE UNTIL YOUR IN FULL WITHDRAWAL"

While yes, I will agree that if its your FIRST time with suboxone then yes you better wait until your are very sick because you will get PWS but if you are someone like me who is constantly going back and forth you don't have to wait til you are sick every FUKING time lol.

There are many many times when im feeling like crap and may only have 15mg of oxy left and 8mg of subs. If the oxy doesn't get me to where I wanna be i don't need to wait forever to take my sub, I will take it an hour or 2 after.

Either way take from this what you will but the countless posts I've seen about not being allowed to touch subs within 24-48 hours of another opiate is ridiculous.

And yes even when i randomly shoot or snort heroin i will still take my sub 8-10 hours later if I want. Only the first time with suboxone ever is when you should be scared of PWS

I know everybody is different and reacts in different unique ways, but I've seen this to be true with myself and a couple other addicts i spoke with.

That is the most important part of your post, because I know for a fact it is not the case for me . And this thread is really potentially dangerous to people with different brain chemistry. While this may work for some people (and it is far more common in people who do not us bupe correctly, but instead just to cover the times you don't have any hard drugs). If you use bupe properly a majority of the time, I would not recommend following this advice. You will find yourself in PW pretty damn quickly as I have experienced, and seen this happen NUMEROUS times. I have also seen what nygiants said, but that was only in people that had no intentions of quitting, their bodies had learned to adapt to to sharing the receptors in a way. Also you are not getting the full amount of the drug in your system, I would say probably 30-40% less than if you were not on the bupe. It works... but not for people that use it the correct way.

I'm the same way as nygiants, when i take a sub vacation to get high ill do my last shot of dope some time in the evening and then I go to sleep, wake up like 10 hours later and take my suboxone, and I get no ill effects or PWDs.

Everyone is talking about going from dope to suboxone. What about going from suboxone to hydrocodone?
For example, 3 years of suboxone treatment, then nothing for 7 days, then hydrocodone.. PW?

Huh? what are you talking you about? If you quit suboxone for 7 days then took hydrocodone? You would probably get high... But if you took bupe within 6 hours of taking hydrocodone for a week, you would get PWs. How could you be on suboxone for 3 years and not know how it works?