• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids precipitated withdrawal is a.. well

I have heard subjective reports range a bit, but it shouldn't last more than an hour or two from what I've been told. It's supposedly going to get better slowly over time for an hour or two from what I know.

I've never had precipitated withdrawals before so I'm just letting you know what I've heard from others.

thank you, it's pretty intense, feels like day three. I guess I should have waited longer. I waited 15 hrs~ not long enough i guess.
Oh and I guess I should have posted it in the mega-thread. I saw that after this~ I searched the thread tho and found nothing on participated withdrawal. its been like 2 and a half hours and I think that I am feeling better. my bf wants me to take more. I wanted to wait longer! ugh I know that it won't make me sicker-at least i believe that it wont.

Well its the next day and I am not withdrawaling. I am just in a ton of pain, as I expected. Inducing the withdrawal like that had the benefit of being quick at least and within a few hours I was able to sleep better than I would have been with nothing.

are you still taking the suboxone ( actually was it even suboxone?lol cuz i noticed you didnt say what cause the precip wds i just assumed it was subs) or did you only dose it yesterday?
was just wondering cuz you said your in pain.

I have had p/w's 3 times from suboxone. Never lasts more than an hour for me.

I have had p/w's 3 times from suboxone. Never lasts more than an hour for me.
3, shiiiiiit. I have em at least 3 times a year, X 7 years = ~20 times. Plus Narcan & naltreoxonoe foolwing ODs. = more like 30.
Onward junky warriors.

Depends on if you're withdrawling from a short-acting or long-acting opiate. If you take something like methadone, your precip. withdrawl will last roughly 3-5 hours. However, with oxycodone or heroin it's more like 1.5-2 hours. I've experienced it with heroin and dilaudid a couple times personally. With something like hydromorphone you can expect the withdrawl cut down to about 30 mins - 1 hour.

Just to note, these times may vary +/- 20 minutes depending on your individual metabolism & genetic makeup.

To Recap:

Long-Acting Opioid: 3-5 hours
Short-Acting: 1-2 hours

Yes its from subs. I am a pain patient that's no good at conserving her meds and following the rules. I am detoxing from fentanyl and oxycodone. And I am in so much pain, its insane. Well it's certainly driving me insane.

Oh and I did take more today. On Friday ill get one med. And on the 5th ill get the other. Boy does the 5th feel far away! The main problem is that the fentanyl patch won't stay on for the life of me!