• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Precipitated withdrawal and your experiences

^^

Yes that is true. The PW's from a small dose of bupe compared to a large one are very different.. if you screw up and take like 16mg's of bupe too early (which I know a lot of people have done, and even higher doses), you are going to be in for the worst pain you can ever imagine. Ha.

That is why it's so important to start with a very low dose when inducting, and build it up gradually. If you just go right for a big dose, chances are you're gonna have a rough couple days...

I agree with the slow work up method. Every time I start on bupe I take 2mgs (I'm usually good about waiting til I'm sick, 12-16 hours is usually good for me, I also have a pretty fast metabolism) then after an hour or so take another 2mgs until I feel better. This also helps save your subs. Many people take way too much and waste them. I usually start on 8mg a day dosed 4x per day and quickly work my way down from there. You need to have a pretty massive habit to need the 16+ mgs that some doctors hand out.

^^^^^Ive actually never known anyone who needs the 16mg after the first couple days. I'm not saying that no one needs that much, I'm sure some ppl do, but starting slow will give you an opportunity to see if a lower dose will work for you, and you may find you don't need as much as you'd think!

My old roommate had a fairly moderate habit and was given 24 mgs a day. Luckily he knew enough not to take that much as I can't image the WD's from coming off from 24 mg a day of sub. We were able to support 4 people on his script alone. Divided 4 ways the cost isn't so bad! I gave myself PW's only once and is was much more mild than what is described here. I used sub about 8 hrs after a dose, but I had slept during that time and usually my Wds are a little worse when I wake up. I felt like hell for about 2 hrs. Then took more sub and was better an hour or two after that. You're best bet is always to wait til you can't stand it anymore. The first day is always a little tough no matter what.

^^^^^Ive actually never known anyone who needs the 16mg after the first couple days. I'm not saying that no one needs that much, I'm sure some ppl do, but starting slow will give you an opportunity to see if a lower dose will work for you, and you may find you don't need as much as you'd think!

Yeah after the first few days on bupe, most people can drop down to around 4mg's and not notice any change or difference from being on a super high dose. In fact, they actually feel better on the low dose, as there are a lot of side effects that can make you feel shitty on high doses of bupe.

I was just talking to a kid here on BL a couple weeks ago, and he was saying how he felt really crappy on the subs and didn't know what was wrong, maybe he needed more, whatever. He was having headaches, nausea, just generally feeling like shit. His doctor had put him on 24mg's. So I told him to drop that dose way down, and within 2 days of taking 8mg's a day, he felt 100% better, all those side effects gone.

thanks for the help everyone, i am really glad i asked here first before just trying it!! saved me from a horrible morning lol...i am super motivated to quit, its just that first 12-16 hours i cant (or wont, more like) make it through...oh well, wish me luck! and thanks again for the replies, really helped me out :)

I have had such odd experiences with this...
one time: I took a suboxone 14 hours after shooting up .2 grams of BTheroin (I was yawning a lot and had runny nose and eyes) and it took away the w/d symptoms and I felt awesome and could eat and it was wonderful!

another time: After the success of that first experience ^^^ I did it again at the same time and at 45 minutes from when that thing started dissolving under my tongue my skin all of sudden got very tight and goose bumpy and i just starting vomiting and dry heaving, violently, for 15 minutes solid! Just pouring sweating, strained the crap out of my throat from all the dry heaving. Then I was cold as hell and my mouth would not stop salivating and it was so bad, the worst withdrawals I have ever felt! Luckly a couple hours later it eased up a little bit and I took a xanax and passed out and went about my business...

yet another time: this is more for blocking purposes, I went 26 hours without H and took a suboxone and felt 75% better. I went about my day, did things, etc etc, 12 hours after I took the whole 8mg suboxone, my buddy came thru with some H so I did banged some but didn't feel it cause of the blocking effects, I then right away did the exact same dose (double what I would normally do) and after that one it felt like it BROKE thru the barrier of the suboxone! I was nodding out, drooling, wasting cigarettes, the whole nine yards! and 24 hours after that shot I still wasnt sick!!! I didn't know what was going on, it took 36 hours for me to start feeling withdrawaly again

Precipitated withdrawals are the worst. I was smoking 1,5-2 grams of brown heroin base a day and I made the mistake of not tapering , the worst symptom after ingesting suboxone 2 mg after about 24 hours was terrible back pain. I was literally screaming and ended up calling my mommy and having her lie down beside me while vociferating for about 10 hours. Even fentanyl withdrawals have nothing on precipitated WD.

I know the sub strips require you to wait way longer than the pills used to. I used to be able to sublingually take a pill 12 to 18 hrs after last use. Now as close to 24 hrs as I can stand it minimum depending on what you are using.

Precipitated withdrawals are the worst. I was smoking 1,5-2 grams of brown heroin base a day and I made the mistake of not tapering , the worst symptom after ingesting suboxone 2 mg after about 24 hours was terrible back pain. I was literally screaming and ended up calling my mommy and having her lie down beside me while vociferating for about 10 hours. Even fentanyl withdrawals have nothing on precipitated WD.

Ugh yeah, man. PW's are a whole nother level of agony.

24 mgs is a crazy amount I cringe thinking about what my bowels would do if I ever took that much bupe I ended up in the hospital after 16 mgs from a intestinal blockage its wasn't fun. My chinese buddy who deals in kilos of heroin shoots a gram of almost pure China white 5-6 times a day and he never even needed 24 mgs.
As for precipitated withdrawal my metabolism is actually fast enough so I can take 2 mgs or bupe after shooting heroin 3-4 hours ago I've even taken my dose a half hour after (don't ask me why) and never got precipitated w/D's. Everybody's different I guess cause heroin only kept me well for 2 hours at a time whereas others can go 12-24 hours between doses no problem. Sub's only last me about 8-12 hours too before feeling chills and sickness and that's taking them sublingually.

Last edited:
Helpppp I've been in precip withdrawal for 12.5 hours now, I was retarded and took an 8mg dose 6 hours after my last shot. IMMEDIATELY started to withdraw, had to leave work and everything.

My question is...it's been 12.5 hours and no improvement. In fact it kind of feels like it's getting worse...should I take another one?? Or will that just make it worse?

Choleee. This thread is old but I'm in the same boat. I ended up getting more dope to take away the sickness. But I warn you if you do that, you're back at point A. If you stick with subs, it'll eventually work its way up to your tolerance level you had and relieve the sickness. That's why some people have PW for few hours (because small habit) and some people have it for 12 to 3-4 days because the subs can't match your tolerance level and as the days pass and if you're not using, of course your tolerance will slowly drop and the subs will slowly fill up your opiate needs.

I used to beable to take subs right after a line 12 hours later but switching back and forth messed up my tolerance and so now I can't get back on subs without the PW being there. I'm in the process of trying something someone recommended on another forum bout building up subs in your blood to make a smoother transition.

Unless you have the fastest metabolism ever, I highly doubt you are sick enough after only 6 hours to take suboxone and not get PW's.

I know this is an old thread; but fuck it - I'm not the one who originally necro-posted.

I just thought I'd point out - I *do* have a pretty fast metabolism and I always found 6 hours to be plenty of time; I'm generally in a pretty pathetic state by the 6 hour marker and I've never suffered PWD from only waiting this long.

That said, I *have* triggered PWD before and it's definitely pretty fucking unpleasant.

I believe tolerance has big role in why some hey PW and some don't. Also why some who don't used to get it, now gets it. Like me.

whenever i am on a "sub vacation" i will do my last shot of the day around 8pm, chill, then go to sleep, wake up around 9am and take my usual suboxone around 10am and I'm fine. works always.

But what's your habit? Are you downing 1-2 grams a day for past 2-3 years switching on and off of subs?

whenever i am on a "sub vacation" i will do my last shot of the day around 8pm, chill, then go to sleep, wake up around 9am and take my usual suboxone around 10am and I'm fine. works always.

But what's your habit? Are you downing 1-2 grams a day for past 2-3 years switching on and off of subs?

I don't see much value in comparing doses when none of us know the purity of what we're taking. I could be using 2g/day of 15% stuff and someone else is taking 0.5g/day of some crazy 80%+ gear they've sourced from the Devil himself. Who knows - but I do know, talking about habit size is pretty pointless online, hard enough to gauge in a city where you might at least know the average purity for the city.

How about Subutex? i mean we all know Suboxone has Nalaxone in it and that for sure will put you in withdrawal.. but Subutex is just Bupe and nothing else so it should be fine to take Subutex right after taking methadone or any opiate without getting sick right?

True but also untrue. Subs damage the receptors I know for a fact! It's an epidemic right now and I'm sure the worst of the worst can't be that bad unless you're paying $50 for a gram. Now that's just saying this shit has been stepped on many times deal. But I know for a fact tolerance plays a role in PW. So for someone to say they get PW for 24 hours to 48 hours tells you their stuff was decent!

I don't see much value in comparing doses when none of us know the purity of what we're taking. I could be using 2g/day of 15% stuff and someone else is taking 0.5g/day of some crazy 80%+ gear they've sourced from the Devil himself. Who knows - but I do know, talking about habit size is pretty pointless online, hard enough to gauge in a city where you might at least know the average purity for the city.