pre-workout supplements

oohcow

Bluelighter
So,

I'm 5"10 180 pounds

Me and 2 of my close friends just started motivating each other to go to the gym. We started maybe 2 weeks ago.

Both of them have been using MRI Black Powder before workout and it's definently giving them an edge over me in the weight room.

I was wondering if you guys had any advice on it? Should i pick up a tub of it? it's very expensive and only availible at GNC?

I need to keep up with them and they just leave me in the dust in terms of endurance in the weight room?

any help from you pros? Should I just buy a tub too?

if you want to get stronger then you need to eat more

supplements: fish oil, creatine, whey protein (take after lifting and sporadically to cover any blank spots in your day!)

Dunno whats in black powder but I doubt its anything fancy. If you need a boost then get some caffine tabs - thats all I need to get my pumped for lifting. Most supplements are fancy marketing and 0 substance.

here is a full ingredient profile on MRI black powder... I'm not sure what to make of it since I'm new and stuff....

Serving Size 1 scoop(s)
Servings Per Container 40

Amount Per Serving % DV

Calories 45.00
Calories from Fat 0.00 g
Total Fat 0.00 g 0%
Saturated Fat 0.00 g
Trans Fat 0.00 g
Cholesterol 0.00 mg 0%
Sodium 230.00 mg 10%
Potassium 570.00 mg 16%
Total Carbohydrate 11.00 g 4%
Dietary Fiber 0.00 g 0%
Sugars 1.00 g
Protein 0.00 g 0%
Phosphorus 300.00 30%
Magnesium 400.00 100%
Calcium 150.00 15%

Proprietary Blend for Size & Recovery 3000.00 mg **

Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate **
Arginine HCL **

Proprietary Blend for Strength & Power 2001.00 mg **

Creatine Ethyl Ester HCL **
Disodium Phosphate **
Dipotassium Phosphate **
Dicalcium phosphate **
Creatine HCl **

Proprietary Blend for Stamina and Endurance 1101.00 mg **

Potassium Bicarbonate **
Sodium Bicarbonate **
Beta-Alanine **

Proprietary Blend for Muscle Energy Metabolism 1179.00 mg **

Magnesium (oxide) **
Medium Chain Triglyceride Blend **
Malic Acid **

Vitamin B complex **

Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6) **
Vitamin B-12 (Cyanocobalamin) **
Riboflavin (B2) **
Folic Acid **

Potassium alpha-ketoisocaproate (KKIC) **

Potassium Glycerol Phosphate **
Magnesium Glycerophosphate **

Proprietary Blend of Neuromodulators for Focus & Intensity 401.00 mg **

Caffeine **
Betaine anhydrous **
Green Tea Extract **

Proprietary Blend of Insulin Sensitizers 520.00 mg **

Taurine **
alpha-Lipoic Acid **

Cell-Signaling Amplifier ACTINOS2 IR? Whey Peptide Fraction (contains milk) 0.00 **

** Daily Value (DV) not established

Other Ingredients: Maltodextrin, Citric Acid, Sucralose, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Silicon Dioxide, FD&C Red #40 Lake

No Yeast, No Soy, No Wheat-Gluten

ok, so its basically a creatine/arginine/beta-al/caffeine powder.

Eh, its not bad sounding, honestly it probably would help (a lot of benefit from the creatine and caffeine). But, you could very easily and MUCH MORE CHEAPER get the individual ingredients yourself in bulk powders and make your own mix. A lot of that crap won't do much but raise the price of your mix (and at the expense of skimping on the stuff that will truly help, ie the stuff I noted above).

Yeah it doesn't look bad. Needs whey and sugar and it would be pretty good all round pre/post workout drink. I'm a big fan of ALA too... (as well as caffine and taurine which have been proven to boost performance- Im sure Red Bull sponsered that study!)

Im guessing that they charge more than $50 for less than 30 servings tho- which makes it a rip off. If you want a similar effect without breaking the bank look at getting the stuff we mentioned seperatly.

Your number 1 supplement though should be whey, which you should take before and after working out. That and a caffine pill will probably get you to the same level as your friends. And +1 for the eat more suggestion.

^ yeah for 50 bucks you could get a SHITLOAD (ie pounds) of creatine, caffeine, b-ALA, sugar

I like to take Scivation Xtend and No Shotgun. They gave me great results. I am currently off both of them as I am short on cash Because I'm stocking up for an anavar cycle. I'm gonna start the no shotgun again after the var cycle. I think its worth the money.

how do you combat the creatine from keeping you fat?

i had difficulty losing weight when i was using creatine. i thought it was a common problem.

I've taken creatine daily for 2 1/2 yrs with no problem.

my pre workout sups are:
1 cup oats
1 cup protein powder
5g creatine
5g glutamine
3g L-arginine
3g L-arginine akg
2g citruline malate
2g beta alanine
multivitamin

wash it all down with a diet rockstar

Because you dont want sugar?

Id happily have the regular one though!!

I only take creatine for a pre workout energy boost. I dont cycle it or anything like that, just on workout days.

I only take creatine for a pre workout energy boost. I dont cycle it or anything like that, just on workout days.

For creatine to be effective you have to load it then take it every day. It will not give you energy if you just take some before your workouts and not other days.

^ Im on a tight budget so i cant cycle it or it wont last very long. I do however get a energy boost when i take it.

okay, so it may have been my diet back then. i was living at home so it wasn't the best. perhaps i should give creatine another go.