• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Pre-loading shots and shelf-life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

siq

Bluelighter
Sometimes I have to pre-load shots depending on the situation during that week. I know alot of u guys have done the same in the past. Is there a problem with letting a shot sit for a long period of time? Like maybe a week before I use it? I notice after a day or so it starts to look kinda clumpy and I shake it up and it goes back to normal. I was just wondering if there is a problem...

Heroin eventually reverts back to morphine if left suspended in liquid like that, doesn't it? I seem to remember reading that on BL.

Umm like how long? I've never heard that before.

Btw, this is black tar I'm talking about here.

The heroin will eventually hydrolyze into 6-monoacetylmorphine and morphine. So it will likely have less of a rush. The danger is any even tiny amount of bacteria in there will have time to multiply, upping the chances of you getting what is referred to as "cotton fever', but has nothing to do with cotton actually, rather bacterial infection.

Ya, it's in your best interest not to pre prep shots of heroin. Like these guys said, it converts back to morphine. I don't believe it takes very long either, like 36 hours I think...That's why pharmaceutical heroin comes as a dry ampoule of powder, not an ampoule of diamorphine dissolved in water like other opioids.

The only time I've used pre made solutions were ones I made from raw benzodiazepine powders. I wouldn't want to save any street drug for any period, and if I absolutely had to I would use sterile water, micron filter and use a small amount of preservative that is meant to keep IV solutions good

Electron-capture gas-liquid chromatography was used to study the spontaneous hydrolysis of heroin in phosphate buffer (pH 6.4 and pH 7.4) at 23 degrees C. Aliquots of solution were taken over a 24-h period. After extraction at pH 8.9 into propan-2-ol (10%)-ethyl acetate, deacetylated products were made into hepafluorobutyrate derivatives which were analyzed quantitatively using nalorphine as the internal standard. Heroin decomposes to 06-monoacetylmorphine (06-MAM) under these conditions. Further decomposition to morphine was not observed. Spontaneous hydrolysis was faster at pH 7.4 (first-order rate constant, 9.6 x 10-5 min-1) than at pH 6.4 (first-order rate constant, 3.0 x 10-5 min-1). In 24 h, the decomposition to 06-MAM was 13 and 4%, respectively.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/688091

yup, will hydrolize into monoacetlymorphine and morphine, will be very little diacetylmorphine left. there is a dea microgram where they seized a bunch of prefilled vials of heroin from Afghanistan. upon gcms it confirmed very little heroin but high amts of mam and morphine.

I mean prepping for ten mins down the road is fine but don't plaan on walking around all day with a loaded rig. plus from a legal aspect they would get you not just w paraphenillia but poss.

Off the top of my head, I believe after around 12 hours it is about 50% converted back to morphine. However, as others have said, it's not something you wanna do even if you are trying to wean yourself off with weakened morphine shots. The risk of bacteria being present beyond what one's body can manage is very real.

okay fuck it... not worth it just for one shot. What happened was I cooked it up with a little too much water. So I drew it up into another syringe and then forgot about it. Thats what happened.

This thread is clearly open and shut. Verdict: don't preload shots. You'll lose potency and increase the risk of complications. If you want this re-opened for further discussion, shoot me or another OD mod a PM.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.