• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Pre-existing heroin tolerance?

JasperTheReckless

Bluelighter
Whenever I post in the Other Drugs forum, I get an error for not choosing a thread prefix despite there being no option to do so. Please move this to the appropriate place.

I recently started doing dope with a friend who's a long time user, she shoots five or six bags daily. She gives me a bag for transportation, so I don't complain about how much or how good. However the other day was the first time I did a bag with someone other than her for the first time, and he almost OD'd of the same amount, out of the same bags I insufflated. Choking and passing out, falling over, gibberish.
I weigh 225lbs, he weighs around 275 and has been doing dope on and off since age sixteen (he's forty two now) this was my fifth or sixth time doing dope. I had a mild buzz, I was coherent, no nod, I drove home, went grocery shopping after his girl picked him up to take care of him; I was less fucked up than if I smoked a single bowl of some dank bud.

The only causes for this I can figure,

A) my parents did heroin heavy, one died from it; I inherited a tolerance
B) DXM cross tolerance
C) he had a significantly lower tolerance than a user of his history should, coupled with a low tolerance to the drug in general

I've only nodded once off dope, the first time I did it. The other five or six, I had a buzz like if I took a percocet.
The time my friend almost od'd was no different, just a mild buzz.

Could have been cut with fentanyl and he snorted a hotspot or maybe you really have a pre-existing tolerance due to unique metabolism etc.
It's impossible to tell, particularly as you use heroin, so we don't know the purity etc.