Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Power

bit_pattern

Ex-Bluelighter
Anyone else watching?

It's up to ep 5 now - a generally OK gangster series about big time drug dealing and the club scene in NYC. It's not the best show ever, pretty formulaic and pretty much what you'd expect from a production like this. I'm enjoying it though, downloaded the first ep and was engaged enough to grab the rest and binge watch it all in one night. It's no The Wire but the dialogue is reasonably convincing that you can get immersed in it, the writers have at least had some half decent coaching from people who at least know how these people would interact IRL. Like I said, not the best thing in the world but not the worst either - TV is a bit threadbare ATM after some really good material over the previous few months so it's a decent enough stop-gap measure

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3281796/

So noone else is watching this? I'm kind of surprised. It's actually not bad - growing on me as every week goes by - and this week there was a cameo from Marlo Stanfield which made me happy, even if his Haitian accent was just abysmal. But the storyline is engaging, the characters are realistic, the scenarios are believable. Even 50cent plays an average but OK character. Get on it. If you liek crime dramas and gangbanging, drug-dealing shit then ou probably won't be disappointed.

Man, can't noone else has been watching this - shit be bangin' - only 8 episodes in the season and I'm gagging for season 2 now, shit is getting REAL y'all :D

lol, i heard about it cause 50 exec producer. i haven't given it a chance tho. how u say its formulaic and shit, nothing deep like the wire was what the feel i got from trailer and reading a review or two. sayin it was like a rap video. i know its not fair to just write it off but maybe when s1 is over if i feel the need i'll try it out and binge watch.

Try it. Like I said, not the best thing ever made but certainly is engaging - I think about it during the week, the characters draw you in, they're believable and so is the script, the casting is generally pretty good. I often find myself on the edge of my seat thinking "no you DI'N'T!" It's not like a Fox formula crap drama, it's half way decent You can grab the whole season now, it's over and done with. There are worse ways to waste 8-odd hours or so.

After that finale I'm Psyched for season 2! I like and believe in pretty much all the characters except Tommy- he pisses me off. Not because he's a white gangster acting black, but because he does it badly...and the eye makeup ain't helping! I don't get that shit. I have nothing against men wearing makeup, but in a show like this? It's just unbelievable.

Yeah I was devvo when I realised that it's an 8 ep season. I can totally see why you'd hate Tommy's character but, honestly, he's one of my favourites - a little hackneyed but I find him really likeable. Tarsh is super smoking hot and I don't normally go for traditional definitions of "hot". It kind of shits me how long it took for Angela's career to come out, like how could those two be rekindling a high school romance and be fucking for so long wothout him ever asking "so... what do you do exactly?" It's not she's a spy or anything, she'd have been all casual like, "yeah so I'm a USDA, can't tell you what I'm working on but I love my job". Still, the whole scene is set for some pretty big fireworks in Season 2. I just wantt to slap Ghost for fucking over Tarsh like that. WTF is he thinking?

Yeah I was devvo when I realised that it's an 8 ep season. I can totally see why you'd hate Tommy's character but, honestly, he's one of my favourites - a little hackneyed but I find him really likeable. Tarsh is super smoking hot and I don't normally go for traditional definitions of "hot". It kind of shits me how long it took for Angela's career to come out, like how could those two be rekindling a high school romance and be fucking for so long wothout him ever asking "so... what do you do exactly?" It's not she's a spy or anything, she'd have been all casual like, "yeah so I'm a USDA, can't tell you what I'm working on but I love my job". Still, the whole scene is set for some pretty big fireworks in Season 2. I just wantt to slap Ghost for fucking over Tarsh like that. WTF is he thinking?

What do you like about Tommy? I like when he talks sense into Ghost. Ghost sure is dumb for fucking over his sexy-ass wife. He clearly didn't think about the ramifications when he committed to Angela.

Angela told him she was a lawyer, which is half the truth! and it's ASDA buddy ;) Assistant State Defense Attorney I believe.

PS I'm the same way I have mostly different ideas of sexy then a playboy or hustler magazine. Those big eyes and lips! uhhhhhh yea...

This shows ok, a step above most of what starz puts out but still not great. I watched the whole season one day and my biggest complaint is its predictable and by the numbers.

The only reason i stuck with it is cus of the tommy character. Then i found out hes the same actor who played ginger on true detective which made me like him even more.

But the acting and writing is subpar. Angela, ghost and his wife are all fucking idiots imo. Wtf is up with his wife masturbating in front of the driver for no fucking reason? Cus he was preoccupied with his club? Cus she started doing that shit before her husband started fuckin around