• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Potentiating Kratom Euphoria?

sacredappletree

Greenlighter
I'm looking to potentiate specifically the warm, empathetic feeling one gets from Kratom, not too fussed about the nod etc. So far I've heard diphenhydramine, coffee, and grapefruit juice. Anyone have any suggestions or can validate any of aforementioned techniques?

Thanks

for me the only thing that really works is diphenhydramine. it induces a pseudo-nod for me if taken about 1 1/2 to 2 hours in. it definitely isn't as pleasurable as regular opiates but it's kind of an indirect euphoria, not caused by the diphenhydramine itself but by its dull side effect.

I wished weed would work with kratom the way it does for most opiates. all I really get from mixing the two is total mental fog and a slightly dampened yet prevailing weed high.

I do not recommend coffee with kratom, unless you like feeling majorly tweaked with no euphoria. Although that's just my experience.

as another poster said its best with other opiates, addiction may follow shortly thereafter.

Ye I am not really up for getting into opiates for that reason. It's just that one of the first times I did Kratom I was so Euphoric, and since then I've done Oxy twice (once insuffulated 30mg over 1 hour and the other dropped 40mg and the euphoria from my first kratom experience was greater than this. You would have thought that doing stronger opiates would mean greater euphoria, but I find that it just made me sick and drowsy. I enjoy codeine more than oxy for that reason, as my opiate tolerance is very low. (Had < 10 experiences with them)

There's not much that purely potentiates kratom euphoria without adding something to the experience. Once the euphoria dies it's time for a break. If you take oxy give yourself a good 5-7 days before taking kratom and there should be no interference. I've found that weed, baclofen, phenibut, and soma potentiate kratom... sorta. Weed just goes well with kratom and soma potentiates the shit outta opiates for like one or two times, then a break is needed. Like I said though your best bet is to space your doses apart and don't take stronger opies. If you bang heroin, codeine won't do shit. Also, I've yet to see any data that suggests kratom is metabolized by CYP2d6 (though I haven't bothered looking too hard) so I don't know if enzyme inhibitors will do anything, I've never noticed any difference using all those bs inhibitors, not even with opies though so idk. At best they make the experience longer lasting and less strong but that's just been my experience.

By far the best thing for potentiating kratom is phenibut. But beware, phenibut is EXTREMELY physically addictive, much more so than kratom. I would strongly recommend not using this combo more than once weekly. It's been a bit of a trap for me, but really there's nothing else I've found that works anywhere NEAR as well.

^ Baclofen, a stronger bigger brother of phenibut, is an even better potentiator and I can get away with using it more often than phenibut but in the end the withdrawals are still shittier than kratom's and it would be best to not use it more than 2-3x a week, even less would be better. IMO if you need "potentiators" it's time to slow your use down...

I too have been using phenibut (too much) lately to potentiate Kratom. The first couple times I got so noddy I could hardly stay awake. And I am a very heavy Kratom user and have been for a long time. I stick to a regular albeit heavy dosing schedule where I go 12 hours between my first and last dose of the day and I still feel the Kratom by itself in the morning when I first partake. The phenibut just took it up a notch, but now even that is hardly working because I've been dosing it every day. After my last 10g bag runs out, which will be in the next couple days, I'm switching over to etizolam and tapering off from there. But yeah, phenibut for the win!

Is phenibut really that enjoyable? The few times I tried it I took whatever dose, and it was alright, but the next day I was dizzy as fuck, and felt dirty and messed up.

you have to learn to hit the dosage nail on the head. It's a VERY sensitive one. Example: 1.2 g w/5g of krat will have me in a PERFECT place of peace, however, 1.6 all at once would make me a swoony mess. I never start with LARGER than 1.2 g doses, and never add more than another gram in many hours seperated 500mg boosters. GOING ABOVE 2g ALMOST GUARANTEES SICKNESS. I have no idea what sort of insane midwest rubes populate these boards and say shit like "10g seems like a reasonable dose" O wait, I'm from oklahoma originally, I have every idea: People with gaba receptors so BEYOND fried by alcohol and benzos that they can't feel a gaba drug unless they're fighting. But yeah, if you're reasonable at all 1.2 will do it. You gotta wait an hour or so though, it takes a minute to kick in. Typically i eat 1.2g first thing, wait an hour, eat 5g krat THEN eat breakfast. All that herb powder and hydrochloric acid can be a LITTLE caustic, but, no pain, no gain. Seriously though, more than 2x a week will land you in a nasty place. PHENIBUT WITHDRAWALS MAKE GHB AND BENZOS AND ALCOHOL LOOK LIKE A WALK IN THE PARK. If you have any concept of those withdrawals, that should take your breath away a little. I know this and still use it and STILL find myself doing it a LITTLE too often, there's some good posts on here - search gaba-b and anhedonia, scary ass shit.

I'm looking to potentiate specifically the warm, empathetic feeling one gets from Kratom, not too fussed about the nod etc. So far I've heard diphenhydramine, coffee, and grapefruit juice. Anyone have any suggestions or can validate any of aforementioned techniques?

Thanks
I have found that Valerian root extract 20mg little yellow pills potentiate very well, I won't even dose kratom anymore without it, try it out!

Phenibut was recently found to not have GABA-B action as thought. Rather, it is a "gabapentenoid" as it hits the voltage-gated-calcium-ion channels like GBP (gabapentin)

kava can be really nice with kratom but don't overdue the kava or it will over the power the kratom and you might get dizzy.

you have to learn to hit the dosage nail on the head. It's a VERY sensitive one. Example: 1.2 g w/5g of krat will have me in a PERFECT place of peace, however, 1.6 all at once would make me a swoony mess. I never start with LARGER than 1.2 g doses, and never add more than another gram in many hours seperated 500mg boosters. GOING ABOVE 2g ALMOST GUARANTEES SICKNESS. I have no idea what sort of insane midwest rubes populate these boards and say shit like "10g seems like a reasonable dose" O wait, I'm from oklahoma originally, I have every idea: People with gaba receptors so BEYOND fried by alcohol and benzos that they can't feel a gaba drug unless they're fighting. But yeah, if you're reasonable at all 1.2 will do it. You gotta wait an hour or so though, it takes a minute to kick in. Typically i eat 1.2g first thing, wait an hour, eat 5g krat THEN eat breakfast. All that herb powder and hydrochloric acid can be a LITTLE caustic, but, no pain, no gain. Seriously though, more than 2x a week will land you in a nasty place. PHENIBUT WITHDRAWALS MAKE GHB AND BENZOS AND ALCOHOL LOOK LIKE A WALK IN THE PARK. If you have any concept of those withdrawals, that should take your breath away a little. I know this and still use it and STILL find myself doing it a LITTLE too often, there's some good posts on here - search gaba-b and anhedonia, scary ass shit.

I know this is old, but Phenibut making GHB withdrawals look like a walk in the park? Bro, I used Phenibut daily (2 grams per day) for a year and the withdrawals weren't bad at all, almost non existent (just some anxiety mostly) I used GHB daily for a month (tbf, constant redosing 1.5-2g doses every few hours, and at least one knock out dose per day) and had to go to the hospital because after three days of going cold turkey (three days of absolutely no chance of sleep, hallucinating, delirium, believing strange delusions [like thinking my little brother was Satan], pale, sweating bullets every moment of the day, with, by far, the most intense and constant anxiety of my life) I was convulsing and could hardly speak or do any motor functions at all, barely could even stand up and walk. Felt like I was stroking out and felt very near death. GHB ain't nothing to play with. I mean GABAergics in general should be steered clear from. But comparing Phenibut to GHB withdrawals? Not even in the same ball park my friend. There's a reason one is legal and one is not. It's like comparing Kratom withdrawals to Fentanyl withdrawals. I'm sure Phenibut can be worse for some more than others, but even for that "some", there's no way it would be anywhere near as bad as GHB withdrawals would for them. I refuse to believe anything less

Someone gonna read you talking out your ass and think "well if I can handle Phenibut withdrawals then I can go ham with GHB." Wind up getting some kid killed in the process too, or at the very least you might help guide him into a hell he really don't need to be treading on

Last edited:
I don't think its possible apart from big tolerance breaks and a very empty stomach.

And yeah, a lot of 'harder' opiates don't really match that sweet comfy warm euphoria of kratom. My fav opiate is oxycodone and still I miss the kratom high I used to get the first couple of years I used the plant. There's nothing like, no drugs really matches it ... and I guess that's the beauty of it...an unique plant with an unique chemical effect...so good I couldn't control its use and had to quit it for ever.

Maybe try turmeric + empty stomach 2 hours before dosing.

a lot of 'harder' opiates don't really match that sweet comfy warm euphoria of kratom. My fav opiate is oxycodone and still I miss the kratom high I used to get the first couple of years I used the plant. There's nothing like, no drugs really matches it ... and I guess that's the beauty of it...an unique plant with an unique chemical effect...so good I couldn't control its use and had to quit it for ever.
I can take 30g of kratom w/o tolerance and don't get any euphoria, just some relaxation. It sucks ... same with kava. Maybe I should have tried them together but my hopes aren't high,

@Skorpio or... @thegreenhand
could you tell me if grapefruit essential oil would work as an enzyme inhibitor to potentiate kratom (and other stuff)?? that's an interesting thing for me since I have quite a bunch of it...
I don't know what actually work as an enzyme inhibitor in grapefuit...