• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

POTENTIATE Oxycodone? Does Phenergan/Promethazine Help or work against Oxycodone?

crackles

Greenlighter
Does Promethazine/Phenergan potentiate Oxycodone at a dose of 15mg to 22mg?
I've read other Forum Posts claiming Phenergan is an Antagonist to Oxy which surprised me...is that TRUE?

If true, what other Prescription drugs or OTC drugs can I use to Potentiate Oxycodone, not Oxycontin?

I am looking at a goal of 60-120 minutes of being in an advance potentiated "stage"

Please anyone at all help me. If this is the WRONG forum please let me know.
THANKS TO ALL!:love:

Last edited:
You posted in Drug Culture, the moderator moved it to Other Drugs because it fits better under here.

Does Promethazine/Phenergan potentiate Oxycodone at a dose of 15mg to 22mg?
I've read other Forum Posts claiming Phenergan is an Antagonist to Oxy which surprised me...is that TRUE?

No, promethazine antagonizes all sorts of receptors, but mu opioid receptors (which are responsible for the opioid euphoria) are not among them.

Promethazine is a phenothiazine, a type of old-timey sedative/antipsychotic/antihistamine drug that blocks receptors for histamine, acetylcholine, serotonin, dopamine and adrenaline. Unlike other members of its class, however, it is relatively selective for histamine receptors, which is why it is still being used as an OTC sleep aid/antihistamine, while related drugs like chlorpromazine are considered strong antipsychotics.

Since opioid users are usually chasing after "the nod", it can be said that anything sedating "potentiates" opioids in that regard. Presumably if you took extreme doses of promethazine, to the point where it blocks enough dopamine and serotonin receptors to be considered an antipsychotic, it might generally decrease any sense of euphoria (and of course such a dose would also produce massive anticholinergic effects, which aren't exactly pleasant either), but at therapeutic doses, it can be considered a potentiator in the eyes of most users.

Promethazine is like, the classic opioid potentiator, I don't know how much more textbook you can go.

Really, any first generation sedating antihistamine will do the job: cyclizine, doxylamine, orphenadrine, diphenhydramine are all good options.

No, promethazine antagonizes all sorts of receptors, but mu opioid receptors (which are responsible for the opioid euphoria) are not among them.

Promethazine is a phenothiazine, a type of old-timey sedative/antipsychotic/antihistamine drug that blocks receptors for histamine, acetylcholine, serotonin, dopamine and adrenaline. Unlike other members of its class, however, it is relatively selective for histamine receptors, which is why it is still being used as an OTC sleep aid/antihistamine, while related drugs like chlorpromazine are considered strong antipsychotics.

Since opioid users are usually chasing after "the nod", it can be said that anything sedating "potentiates" opioids in that regard. Presumably if you took extreme doses of promethazine, to the point where it blocks enough dopamine and serotonin receptors to be considered an antipsychotic, it might generally decrease any sense of euphoria (and of course such a dose would also produce massive anticholinergic effects, which aren't exactly pleasant either), but at therapeutic doses, it can be considered a potentiator in the eyes of most users.

OK now that I know the Promethazine is a good drug I want to ask everyone a generic but important question about this.

I have access to the following drugs Roxicodone 15mg, Percocet 10/325, 50mg Promethazine, Benadryl, Lyrica, Baclofen, TZanidine, Clonazepam, Ambien, Buspar, Topamax and a G.I. cocktail containting Lidocaine. Which of these, in any combination or alone, could give a better or longer euphoria without a dirt nap?

Anyone please chime in :)

Tylenol has a very light potentiating ability

Tylenol has a very light potentiating ability
Acetaminophen/Paracetamol (AKA Tylenol, Pain RelieverOTC*) can certainly be a potentiator, albeit limited, when combined at the right milligram ratio best for you, it can be the best source of pain relief you've ever known, and all to often I've realized that the mg combination of *Codone/Tylenol in Tylenol 3, VI-Codone, Lortab, Norco esp~ is darn near bunk! and warrants a higher dose of Tylenol via Tylenol tablets -Typically 500/1,000Mg's in addition does the trick...(Though I'm referring to opioid potentiation, It's rather towards potentiating the effects of Analgesia pain relief, rather than potentiating the effects of euphoria and sedation.) I hope this helps someone wondering about possible potentiators, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND AGAINST THE CONSUMPTION OF TYLENOL RECREATIONALLY, DO NOT TAKE TYLENOL ON ACCOUNT OF MY INPUT, TAKING TYLENOL IN ADDITION TO ANY OPIOID ALREADY COMBINED CONTAINING TYLENOL SHOULD BE AVOIDED UNTIL ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.
As always, Be safe! ~ •••∆Glass Element∆•••

Yeah, I was primarily speaking for pleasure - I get Roxicodone so no acetaminophen in the formulation, acetaminophen can be very dangerous, not proud but I tried to off myself with a slew of various meds, was in a coma. The doc was just pleased I didn’t od on acetaminophen as it is that toxic

My personal experience is that promethazine blocks almost 80-90% of opiate euphoria for me, as does white grape fruit juice aswell. The juice completely blocked it working for me for about 3 days and promethazine Atleast 2 days. I usually dosed the promethazine 30-60 mins prior to the oxy Most of the time as recommended on a lot of posts, so yesterday I thought I’d dose it the exact same time as the oxy to find no wave of euphoria and if anytning every 10-15 mins a very very mild warmth peak through then straight back to nothing, but other effects such as histamine release and drowsy ness was still there. I’m assuming it blocks an enzyme responsible for conversion to a euphoric metabolite. The only use of it for me would be to take oxy then once it’s kicked in maybe 30 or so mins Later take the promethazine to add to the tired nod Effect, but as an actual “potentiator” 0% effective for me it’s actually my worst nightmare the amount of oxy I have wasted and then realised it only never worked when used with promethazine or white grapefruit juice is a joke, I could not work out why opiates stopped working for me for ages, so whenever I came across them I made sure I had WGF or promethazine to enhance it which was the reason it wasn’t working in first place lol. I’ve seen a lot of posts saying it enhances it, but on my own life, it completely blocks and ruins the high for me just my experience. Wondering if anyone else has similar experience