Pot-smoking moms tired of being judged by wine drinkers

Wow, I just read a page on the victims of the "war on drugs" from the Moms for Marijuana International website. Seriously reminds me how dangerous our government and their army of police are. How many people die from their mistakes and lies. How many people died for having personal amounts of marijuana and the ones serving hefty sentences for using or distributing MJ in states where it is legal. I know it happens, alot. But reading those stories still blows me away and makes me very afraid. I have been a victim myself. My house was raided, with my two children present, and I was put in handcuffs in front of them. It was a routine probation search. Or at least that was what I was told. They were looking for drugs and weapons. Mind you my charges were not related to drugs or weapons. Anyhoo, got off the subject because I was just astounded. Moms for MJ Int has a great page, check it out!

The plant pot is natural, but I don't understand where human beings got this idea that picking it, drying it out, breaking it down into finer pieces just to roll in paper and smoke is natural. Now if she was a better cook THAN it would be all natural.

Te0X2t;10755568 said:
The plant pot is natural, but I don't understand where human beings got this idea that picking it, drying it out, breaking it down into finer pieces just to roll in paper and smoke is natural. Now if she was a better cook THAN it would be all natural.

but then you could argue cooking isn't 'natural'

personally i don't give a shit what's natural.

Everything is natural.

This article is terrible. Really poor journalism. A middle aged woman named Margaret smokes pot. So what? Is it news to anyone that people smoke pot? The article reveals nothing. I found it about as interesting as reading the ingredients on a cereal box.

about as interesting as reading the ingredients on a cereal box

I've actually found ingredients lists to be near-limitless sources of entertainment and/or rage. Such winners as 'propionic acid' and 'glycerol ester of wood rosin' have been making me smile for years.

^reminds me of a Lex Luthor quote:

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.

I'm probably in the War and Peace group, except I can never get past page 10 (something about an aristocratic ball).

P A;10756412 said:
I've actually found ingredients lists to be near-limitless sources of entertainment and/or rage. Such winners as 'propionic acid' and 'glycerol ester of wood rosin' have been making me smile for years.

Ahhh so Im not the only one that reads ingredients lists when Im bored =D

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.

I love this quote. Thank you very much for showing it to me. %)

Id rather my mum smoke pot than drink and take xanax...

Though she would probably have a panic attack resulting in xanax..

Personally i'd like to have a nice 30mg of oxycodone or so instead of benzos for my anxiety...id be functional and blissful

im an 18 year old male mind you, not advising moms to move up to pills..

I applaud this lady for...well i guess for using pot as an alternative to what most mothers do. nothing more annoying than Drunk Women!

P A;10756412 said:

You would stop smiling if you ever had to use propionic acid in a lab. It smells like shit.

You would stop smiling if you ever had to use propionic acid in a lab. It smells like shit.

And it apparently exacerbates neurological disorders as well. I stopped eating propionate-preserved food products years ago.

The trials were poorly controlled and pretty small, though. It might not be an issue, but I resolved to stop worrying about that sort of thing and just avoid the (potentially) troublesome additives wholesale - no use getting worried over a silly mold retardant in my processed wheat products. I just stick to the fresh stuff.

But the fact of its offensive odor gives me pause. Are the concentrations that are incorporated into moldy bread loaves so low as to avoid any olfactory complications? Or do the manufacturers have to spruce the shit up with some 'Natural and Artificial Flavors' too?

I wish my Dad had have stayed a smoker, and quit drinking instead all those years ago.

I can't help but feel like he would be less stressed, more open, and just generally happier. I know we would have a better relationship also, because frankly once someone gets one drink too many in them they generally just start piss me off.

I'd like to see a day and age when nobody really gave a fuck if parents got stoned, to the extent that at a large family gathering a bunch of adults might be passing around a joint regardless of the kids knowing. I mean just because adults drink booze infront of kids, doesn't mean they're gonna drink it at the age of 6 or something.

When I was little and I had a sip of wine I was like BLEH why the heck do adults drink this crap? But now I love a pinot noir.

So why not have adults pass around a joint infront of the young ones? Regardless of the attempts of parents to not make an example for their kids to follow, kids will either smoke it or not smoke it.

Never knew my dad smoked till after I had already started in my early 20s. Never would have guessed, never acted like a hippy. I started smoking of my own volition.

Edit: I meant to mention that kids go get drunk underage where I come from regardless of their parents. :p Those teenage years are just like that, for a lot of youngsters.

Even though I'm not a cannabis smoker myself, I'm completely aware that for the vast majority of people, it'd be much better for your general health to smoke weed daily than it would be to drink alcohol.

Those who drink daily but have the nerve to look down on cannabis smokers reallly need to take a look at themselves...

i totally agree with this mom.

honestly marijuana impairs me alot less than alcohol does. I would feel much safer taking care of a child whilst high than I would under the influence of alcohol.

P A;10757228 said:
And it apparently exacerbates neurological disorders as well. I stopped eating propionate-preserved food products years ago.

The trials were poorly controlled and pretty small, though. It might not be an issue, but I resolved to stop worrying about that sort of thing and just avoid the (potentially) troublesome additives wholesale - no use getting worried over a silly mold retardant in my processed wheat products. I just stick to the fresh stuff.

But the fact of its offensive odor gives me pause. Are the concentrations that are incorporated into moldy bread loaves so low as to avoid any olfactory complications? Or do the manufacturers have to spruce the shit up with some 'Natural and Artificial Flavors' too?

Must be very low concentrations. Honestly the smell is putrid enough that it would be hard to mask.

Strongly agree with this article: It's a shame this day in age that most people know that marijuana is way less harmful than tobacco or alcohol, but they still demonize it simply because "it's illegal." I'm a Human Service worker and a recovering opioid addict, and I smoke marijuana daily without any problems with motivation or addiction. It provides a number of benefits, with the only major downside being the risk of arrest and persecution for its use because of our draconian laws.

What an awesome mom. If it helps with your every day life and doesn't affect work, raising the family, why not!?.Hell yeah

I've seen marijuana fuck up many people's lives... Although it is less physically harmful than alcohol/tobacco, it - more often than not - has a fairly serious impact on cognitive function and motivation. I've known a lot of stoners who sit around all day smoking bongs staring at television screens like zombies. Stoners, in general, yes - there are exceptions, tend to be less functional than drinkers. There aren't a lot of high-achieving people, outside of the arts, who smoke weed on a daily basis. They are the exceptions, not the rule. Weed often makes people boring and lazy. Peaceful, too, sure. But boring and lazy all the same.

I'm not saying that I think parents should rely on alcohol rather than marijuana. What I'm saying is: ideally they should rely on neither. The article doesn't put forward a really positive statement about weed. The argument that "You rarely find a story that says two stoners beat each other up outside of a bar," is really flawed. It's one of the most common arguments to "prove" that weed is "better" than alcohol. It doesn't cause violence, no. But it causes depression and demotivation. Anyone who argues that weed doesn't demotivate people is in denial. Just look at your average stoner. We all know people who treat their bongs like crack pipes.

“It can make folding a pile of laundry fun,” says Margaret, 45, who asked that we not use her last name for fear of getting in trouble with the law. “If I didn’t smoke, that’d be three piles later in the week.”

There's something wrong with this^ psychologically. If she needs weed to function as a parent, and do basic chores , then - I don't know - that's not really a good thing. You can look at it in terms of what's a better alternative. But then couldn't you justify alcohol as a superior alternative to heroin? And so on and so forth?

This preaching to the choir shit. Articles written for one side of the drug war and other articles written for the other. Doesn't achieve anything. Neutrality should be exercised. All this "Fuck yeah, parents who smoke weed rock!" nonsense is pointless. Whenever drug users encounter articles that aren't biased against drugs, we drool all over them and embrace them. Just like anti-drug people drool all over anti-drug articles. What's the point?

Id rather my mum smoke pot than drink and take xanax...

I'd rather my mum not feel the need to take anything on a daily basis. Addiction to alcohol/ addiction to weed/ addiction to xanax... reliance on these things... doesn't matter what it is: it's still addiction/reliance. Smoking weed every day - and relying on it to function - is a little sad. I've been there. Smoking in moderation every day is not that much different to drinking in moderation every day. Both of them have their strengths and drawbacks. They're both drugs. And daily use of - any - drug is bad.

What I mean to say is: "Yay, stoner MILFs! Take that, alcoholic MILFs!" / contribution to the drug war via opposition, etcetera... *sigh*

The only article that is potentially beneficial towards the end of the drug war is one that doesn't preach to a particular side and - rather - presents a neutral and universally accessible opinion.

Fuck this Cheech and Chong journalism.