• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Pot Brownies - First time - a nightmare from hell

100 mg + on no toleraence will break your brain for a few hours. Its very hardcore psychedelica visuals especially if you take psychedelics on the regular.

Just read this thread and what really stands out for me is how many people are classifying the amount of edibles (one brownie / one huge brownie / 2 hash cakes etc ) as dosage!

I make edibles on the regular and I could give you two huge brownies to munch that will get you slightly high or one tiny piece of chocolate that will make to trip and put you on your ass for a few hours before you sleep soundly!

We gotta start measuring edible potency with an approximate thc content - not freakin cake size!

Then it is a Sativa dominant/high sativa hybrid. If you eat too much of an indica brownie, you'll fall asleep. You don't get paranoia.
I get paranoid and fucked wether it’s Indica or Sativa. If pot doesn’t agree with your psychological makeup, it doesn’t matter what strain it is. It’s all terrible on me. I have had someone try to get me to take a puff, I say ’no it makes me fucked up in a bad way‘, and so they put some indica in a pipe and tell me this one won’t do that. I take 2 puffs and - bad trip all the same. My personal belief is that some people have a certain brain chemistry that doesn’t like pot.
I also know someone who, when they were in emergency with extreme pain, got ’the good stuff’ according to the nurse and had a terrifying reaction where they couldn’t communicate or move but stayed perfectly aware. When the stuff wore off they pleaded with the doc to give them something different as the last stuff was terrifying, they gave her something different and she was fine.
I also know someone who went into a terror hole from 1 IV shot of cocaine (I was doing it too and was fine). Or have you ever done coke with a paranoid ‘window peeper’, meanwhile you are having a fun time? They can’t psychologically handle coke.
From what I have seen in my 30 or so years of drugs is that certain people’s chemical brain makeup can’t handle certain drugs and it’s very individual.
Just my observations.

100 mg + on no toleraence will break your brain for a few hours. Its very hardcore psychedelica visuals especially if you take psychedelics on the regular.
IMO, psychedelics are only good for micro dosing. Have NEVER had ’a good time’ on them. Ever.

A couple of months ago I made pot brownies for my S.O. who has medical problems and not touching cannabis for about a couple of years I decided to indulge in them myself. What precedes is a description of the stupidest thing I have ever done in my life.

I sauted about an 8th? (sorry I'm bad at measurements I just threw a handful or two in there) of keif in with about a couple tablespoons coconut oil and a stick of unsalted real butter for about 30 minutes till the bud was lightly toasted. Then I followed the recipe on the pilsbury brownie box as normal but replaced my pot mixture for the required oil.

Since I've tried cannabis in pretty much all forms except brownies I decided what the fuck and had a really big chunk of brownie thinking I could totally handle it even though I had zero tolerance to pot at the time and have reacted pretty badly to even just tokes of pot in the past. I have a pretty bad underlying anxiety disorder that is untreated by the way.

The first half hour I feel OK, a little giggly. I start watching TV. All of a sudden *bam* everything starts getting really colorful and bright. I realize that I have just made the biggest mistake of my life. I try to make myself throw up but nothing comes out so I swig about half a gallon of milk and shove about 7 pieces of bread into my mouth. I tell my S.O. I have made a huge mistake and drop the jug of milk on the floor leaving the fridge open I fall on the couch and stare at the tv.

I keep repeating the phrase "I've made a terrible mistake" and start zoning out. My S.O. tries to calm me asks if there is any music or movies they can put on to calm me I say emphatically no and tell them to turn off the tv as it is freaking me out. They do and I slump down to the floor drooling slightly.

At this point for about 4 hours I get the fear really badly and spend that entire time slumped against a table, banging my head and thrashing about. Quite frankly what happened is this: Lady Sativa realized I was disrespecting her, grabbed me betwixt two fingers and preceded to whip me about and shake my entire world.

To give a little more insight I am a person who has had anxiety and depression all my life and who has tried to follow many spiritual teachings. This experience made me realize my attempts at dissolving my ego where laughable. At one point I suspect I had a seizure of some sort as I can dimly remember drooling, putting my hand against my chest and flopping about.

The visions I had that day rocked my entire world. I can almost believe that I was transported to a hell realm as the panic and hellish hallucinations I faced where the most realistic and frightening ones of my life, my heart was pounding so hard against my chest I really thought I was going to die. I told my S.O. that they must call 911 right away, that I was having some terrible reaction and was dying. They said calling 911 for pot was pretty ridiculous and refused. Immediately after saying that I actually saw myself being transported away in an ambulance on a gurney with needles and shit all in me, I swear to God it was real. Suddenly I hear my S.O. and realize it was nothing but a hallucination. I flop a little more.

The next hallucinations are what characterized the entire trip and the most terrible things I will never forget. It is hard to describe but I was like a statue, flowering in and out. Everything would shift about and I would pose, shifting up and down spreading my arms open and then folding down into a ball. And during all of this my mind would realize that it was dead but that was all it could think about. When I wasn't expanding in-and-out against my will I was in a panic thinking only that I was dead. Occasionally I would hear my S.O. and I would be momentarily snapped out of my daze but this made things even worse. I sincerely thought that I was dead at the time and this was it, not even blissful nothingness to look forward to: just this psychological hell for the rest of eternity.

Eventually my S.O. voice brought me back and it was like a lone light in the darkness leading me back to reality. I hug myself and cry and rock on the floor just saying "please tell me it's going to be OK, just say it is going to be OK please, please" and this was about the last hour of my trip, with occasional boughts of terror and yelling and my S.O. telling me to please quiet down the neighbors can hear me. One of the last things I can remember saying is that I will never touch cannabis ever again.

As I come down I feel pretty good but weird and get in bed with my S.O. I wake up the next day thinking what a waste so I take a tiny sliver of a chunk of brownie and as it affects me I listen to some music and groove a little to forget about the day before and have a pretty good time.

I haven't touched pot since and never intend to again.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_marijuana
substancecode_cannabis
explevel_firsttime
exptype_negative
exptype_difficult
roacode_oral

...whoa. Scary!!

IMO, psychedelics are only good for micro dosing. Have NEVER had ’a good time’ on them. Ever.

I have almost uniformly awesome experiences on psychedelics, but weed, especially edibles, are a whole other ballgame. I used to be able to smoke and feel goofy and euphoric, but now I have to have the setting just right or else I get massive anxiety. I get like 100 times more anxiety on marijuana than I ever do on LSD or any other psychedelic.

Also, I get more anxiety from indica-dominant strains than I do from sativa. Everyone is different.

One time I made a batch of super strong edibles and used about 1/2oz of high grade hash, I stupidly put the batch Into a Tupperware and the in the bottom drawer of my dresser, I left to do something and when I got back realized my Rottweiler had sniffed them out and ate the whole batch..I ran into the next room to find her passed out on the couch, I shit you not she was passed out on the couch for 3 days straight, she shit pissed and puked all over herself/couch, after 3 days she got up and stumbled around for a couple days then was back to normal...I felt horrible cause I couldn’t take her to the vet cause I was afraid I’d be arrested, but this did pretty much showed me that you can’t OD and die from weed....reading your story reminds me of how horrible an experience my dog prolly had

DAMN that's an extra high dose for a dog. At least it was weed and not something (anything, at least in terms of drugs) else.

One time I made a batch of super strong edibles and used about 1/2oz of high grade hash, I stupidly put the batch Into a Tupperware and the in the bottom drawer of my dresser, I left to do something and when I got back realized my Rottweiler had sniffed them out and ate the whole batch..I ran into the next room to find her passed out on the couch, I shit you not she was passed out on the couch for 3 days straight, she shit pissed and puked all over herself/couch, after 3 days she got up and stumbled around for a couple days then was back to normal...I felt horrible cause I couldn’t take her to the vet cause I was afraid I’d be arrested, but this did pretty much showed me that you can’t OD and die from weed....reading your story reminds me of how horrible an experience my dog prolly had

If they were brownies or choc chip cookies, I would have been more concerned about about the theobromine in the chocolate than the pot. Like you experienced, they probably just get sick af and then return to baseline after a few days.

If they were brownies or choc chip cookies, I would have been more concerned about about the theobromine in the chocolate than the pot. Like you experienced, they probably just get sick af and then return to baseline after a few days.
No they were vanilla cupcakes

DAMN that's an extra high dose for a dog. At least it was weed and not something (anything, at least in terms of drugs) else.
Dude...she weighed prolly 70lbs and the hash was prolly in the area of 70-80% THC didn’t have it tested but I’m sure it was in that general are....so that’s like a 140lb person eating 20,000mg...I’m horrible at math so if that’s off feel free to correct me, but yea that an insane dose, that’s why I am sure it is harder to OD on weed than water or oxygen...

I ate too much cannabis once as a teenager and I had eaten a small amount of leftover Moroccan hash once before and it was very energetic and fun. The cannabis I ate was not the best stuff, and I figured I would need to eat 4.5 grams of it as I had been smoking it for two or three days after an important exam as a reward and figured I had a tolerance. I made these, sort of like a firecracker with cheese. I ate one with 1.0g of cannabis on it. I waited 35 minutes and figured nothing is happening, so I made three more and ate them, started playing Final Fantasy 1 and got so high I forgot I took drugs. I am very glad my family was not home and I was not driving or out in public as anyone could tell I was completely fucked up, and no amount of eye drops would remove the redness from my eyes.

While it was psychedelic and akin to a low dose Psilocybin trip without visuals the confusion, difficulty moving, blackout, and horrible stomach cramps which only inducing vomiting and then drinking ginger with warm milk helped alleviate turned me off from eating cannabis or hash ever again.

Last edited:
How do you calculate the mg of THC in home made THC infused food?
Take the weight of your buds and well its not a extact potency whatever strain you have grown that is imported seeds so usually its averages around 15-18% thc very potent skunky crystal buds and on average each edible has around 0.8-1 g of bud in them then do the math.

I get paranoid and fucked wether it’s Indica or Sativa. If pot doesn’t agree with your psychological makeup, it doesn’t matter what strain it is. It’s all terrible on me. I have had someone try to get me to take a puff, I say ’no it makes me fucked up in a bad way‘, and so they put some indica in a pipe and tell me this one won’t do that. I take 2 puffs and - bad trip all the same. My personal belief is that some people have a certain brain chemistry that doesn’t like pot.
I also know someone who, when they were in emergency with extreme pain, got ’the good stuff’ according to the nurse and had a terrifying reaction where they couldn’t communicate or move but stayed perfectly aware. When the stuff wore off they pleaded with the doc to give them something different as the last stuff was terrifying, they gave her something different and she was fine.
I also know someone who went into a terror hole from 1 IV shot of cocaine (I was doing it too and was fine). Or have you ever done coke with a paranoid ‘window peeper’, meanwhile you are having a fun time? They can’t psychologically handle coke.
From what I have seen in my 30 or so years of drugs is that certain people’s chemical brain makeup can’t handle certain drugs and it’s very individual.
Just my observations.
Different drug when you eat it

I ate too much cannabis once as a teenager and I had eaten a small amount of leftover Moroccan hash once before and it was very energetic and fun. The cannabis I ate was not the best stuff, and I figured I would need to eat 4.5 grams of it as I had been smoking it for two or three days after an important exam as a reward and figured I had a tolerance. I made these, sort of like a firecracker with cheese. I ate one with 1.0g of cannabis on it. I waited 35 minutes and figured nothing is happening, so I made three more and ate them, started playing Final Fantasy 1 and got so high I forgot I took drugs. I am very glad my family was not home and I was not driving or out in public as anyone could tell I was completely fucked up, and no amount of eye drops would remove the redness from my eyes.

While it was psychedelic and akin to a low dose Psilocybin trip without visuals the confusion, difficulty moving, blackout, and horrible stomach cramps which only inducing vomiting and then drinking ginger with warm milk helped alleviate turned me off from eating cannabis or hash ever again.
I split 3&1/2 grams of black afghan hash at a black sabbath concert cause ushers were F'n w/ us smoking it
Was the best 24 hr+ relaxing couch lock ever, plus the 2 hr show
To this day dont remember the 45 min drive home

Dude...she weighed prolly 70lbs and the hash was prolly in the area of 70-80% THC didn’t have it tested but I’m sure it was in that general are....so that’s like a 140lb person eating 20,000mg...I’m horrible at math so if that’s off feel free to correct me, but yea that an insane dose, that’s why I am sure it is harder to OD on weed than water or oxygen...

Must have been the strongest hash on earth at that % thc no? Most concentrate extractions don't get above 75%, and even the very best quality hand-pressed types hashish won't be above 25%

However even if the hash was 'only' 20% , that would still mean your dog ate 2800mg thc approx, which I agree must have been a grim experience for the animal. I have decades long tolerance and a 75mg thc edible would have me extremely high for hours, and your dog had 37 times that amount apparently

EDIT nearly every horror story I have ever read (and experienced) regarding edibles has been through (usually massive) overdoses.

If ya get nice and high on 0.3g of good weed (lets say 20% thc) in a vape (I do) - then you have consumed 60mg thc.

Then consider that eating cannabis is a much stronger roa than other roa's, let say you would need 40mg edible thc to get a similar strength effect to your 60mg smoked

So, out of one gram of this good weed, you will have 200mg thc if you make the edibles properly. Therefore you can get 5 x 40mg thc edibles out of a single gram of good weed/hash. One of these 40mg thc edibles would get me pretty damn high for a good few hours - 2 of them and I'd be completely wasted - I'd get a nice pleasant effect off evenb half of one (20mg thc)

Last edited:
Must have been the strongest hash on earth at that % thc no? Most concentrate extractions don't get above 75%, and even the very best quality hand-pressed types hashish won't be above 25%

However even if the hash was 'only' 20% , that would still mean your dog ate 2800mg thc approx, which I agree must have been a grim experience for the animal. I have decades long tolerance and a 75mg thc edible would have me extremely high for hours, and your dog had 37 times that amount apparently

EDIT nearly every horror story I have ever read (and experienced) regarding edibles has been through (usually massive) overdoses.

If ya get nice and high on 0.3g of good weed (lets say 20% thc) in a vape (I do) - then you have consumed 60mg thc.

Then consider that eating cannabis is a much stronger roa than other roa's, let say you would need 40mg edible thc to get a similar strength effect to your 60mg smoked

So, out of one gram of this good weed, you will have 200mg thc if you make the edibles properly. Therefore you can get 5 x 40mg thc edibles out of a single gram of good weed/hash. One of these 40mg thc edibles would get me pretty damn high for a good few hours - 2 of them and I'd be completely wasted - I'd get a nice pleasant effect off evenb half of one (20mg thc)
It’s was butane hash, sorry I call all concentrates hash...I use to make everything you could think of with the weed plant, soaps candles oils....like Iv said I did this for a living, waiste not what not...also good bubble hash can get to 60+% THC if done correctly and good starting material...and I know your prolly thinking who in their right mind would put a 1/2 oz of BHO in edibles, you have to understand the amount of product I had at the time., a 1/2 oz was nothing...and also my tolerance was crazy most edibles did nothing for me,100mg would do nothing to me, I had to make them crazy potent ;)..when I look back at the amount of weed I was consuming at that point in my life it’s no wonder I eventually moved on to harder drugs, you’d be suprised how much you can tolerate after years and years of having unlimited amounts of weed/concentrates

Last edited:
It’s was butane hash, sorry I call all concentrates hash...I use to make everything you could think of with the weed plant, soaps candles oils....like Iv said I did this for a living, waiste not what not...also good bubble hash can get to 60+% THC if done correctly and good starting material...and I know your prolly thinking who in their right mind would put a 1/2 oz of BHO in edibles, you have to understand the amount of product I had at the time., a 1/2 oz was nothing...and also my tolerance was crazy most edibles did nothing for me,100mg would do nothing to me, I had to make them crazy potent ;)..when I look back at the amount of weed I was consuming at that point in my life it’s no wonder I eventually moved on to harder drugs, you’d be suprised how much you can tolerate after years and years of having unlimited amounts of weed/concentrates

I'm aware of tolerance given I've smoked on average 6 days a week since the 1980's :)

I don't know what to say - your poor dog had over 100 times as much as it takes to get me to get incredibly stoned. And all that sugar too or whatever. I'm aware you didn't do it on purpose mate - drugging animals on purpose is an absolute cunts trick imo.

I had a dog once who ate about a half gram of hash, no decarbed or anything so likely to be say 40mg tch in effect - he was distressed, walked sideways, fell over and slept 14 hours. Your dog had about 200 times more than mine

I'm aware of tolerance given I've smoked on average 6 days a week since the 1980's :)

I don't know what to say - your poor dog had over 100 times as much as it takes to get me to get incredibly stoned. And all that sugar too or whatever. I'm aware you didn't do it on purpose mate - drugging animals on purpose is an absolute cunts trick imo.

I had a dog once who ate about a half gram of hash, no decarbed or anything so likely to be say 40mg tch in effect - he was distressed, walked sideways, fell over and slept 14 hours. Your dog had about 200 times more than mine
Yea it was fucked up no doubt, I love my animals more then most humans I know, so it was a pretty stressful time, I was spraying water on her toung to try and keep her hydrated for the 3 days she was out...after that incedent I stopped making edibles that strong cause I realized shit happens and someone could get into them without knowing their potency and that’s all bad, my dog was a stoner dog I use to make her thc dog treats that she loved so she had a bit of a tolerance when that happened but after that she never touched anything that had the smell of weed