Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Pot Brownies - First time - a nightmare from hell

noone1

Bluelighter
A couple of months ago I made pot brownies for my S.O. who has medical problems and not touching cannabis for about a couple of years I decided to indulge in them myself. What precedes is a description of the stupidest thing I have ever done in my life.

I sauted about an 8th? (sorry I'm bad at measurements I just threw a handful or two in there) of keif in with about a couple tablespoons coconut oil and a stick of unsalted real butter for about 30 minutes till the bud was lightly toasted. Then I followed the recipe on the pilsbury brownie box as normal but replaced my pot mixture for the required oil.

Since I've tried cannabis in pretty much all forms except brownies I decided what the fuck and had a really big chunk of brownie thinking I could totally handle it even though I had zero tolerance to pot at the time and have reacted pretty badly to even just tokes of pot in the past. I have a pretty bad underlying anxiety disorder that is untreated by the way.

The first half hour I feel OK, a little giggly. I start watching TV. All of a sudden *bam* everything starts getting really colorful and bright. I realize that I have just made the biggest mistake of my life. I try to make myself throw up but nothing comes out so I swig about half a gallon of milk and shove about 7 pieces of bread into my mouth. I tell my S.O. I have made a huge mistake and drop the jug of milk on the floor leaving the fridge open I fall on the couch and stare at the tv.

I keep repeating the phrase "I've made a terrible mistake" and start zoning out. My S.O. tries to calm me asks if there is any music or movies they can put on to calm me I say emphatically no and tell them to turn off the tv as it is freaking me out. They do and I slump down to the floor drooling slightly.

At this point for about 4 hours I get the fear really badly and spend that entire time slumped against a table, banging my head and thrashing about. Quite frankly what happened is this: Lady Sativa realized I was disrespecting her, grabbed me betwixt two fingers and preceded to whip me about and shake my entire world.

To give a little more insight I am a person who has had anxiety and depression all my life and who has tried to follow many spiritual teachings. This experience made me realize my attempts at dissolving my ego where laughable. At one point I suspect I had a seizure of some sort as I can dimly remember drooling, putting my hand against my chest and flopping about.

The visions I had that day rocked my entire world. I can almost believe that I was transported to a hell realm as the panic and hellish hallucinations I faced where the most realistic and frightening ones of my life, my heart was pounding so hard against my chest I really thought I was going to die. I told my S.O. that they must call 911 right away, that I was having some terrible reaction and was dying. They said calling 911 for pot was pretty ridiculous and refused. Immediately after saying that I actually saw myself being transported away in an ambulance on a gurney with needles and shit all in me, I swear to God it was real. Suddenly I hear my S.O. and realize it was nothing but a hallucination. I flop a little more.

The next hallucinations are what characterized the entire trip and the most terrible things I will never forget. It is hard to describe but I was like a statue, flowering in and out. Everything would shift about and I would pose, shifting up and down spreading my arms open and then folding down into a ball. And during all of this my mind would realize that it was dead but that was all it could think about. When I wasn't expanding in-and-out against my will I was in a panic thinking only that I was dead. Occasionally I would hear my S.O. and I would be momentarily snapped out of my daze but this made things even worse. I sincerely thought that I was dead at the time and this was it, not even blissful nothingness to look forward to: just this psychological hell for the rest of eternity.

Eventually my S.O. voice brought me back and it was like a lone light in the darkness leading me back to reality. I hug myself and cry and rock on the floor just saying "please tell me it's going to be OK, just say it is going to be OK please, please" and this was about the last hour of my trip, with occasional boughts of terror and yelling and my S.O. telling me to please quiet down the neighbors can hear me. One of the last things I can remember saying is that I will never touch cannabis ever again.

As I come down I feel pretty good but weird and get in bed with my S.O. I wake up the next day thinking what a waste so I take a tiny sliver of a chunk of brownie and as it affects me I listen to some music and groove a little to forget about the day before and have a pretty good time.

I haven't touched pot since and never intend to again.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_marijuana
substancecode_cannabis
explevel_firsttime
exptype_negative
exptype_difficult
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeaaa uhmm.. Pot being baked in brownies makes it about 1000x stronger than being smoked. You should try watching that video on youtube where the cop called 911 because he overdosed on weed. =D

Glad you are ok though. I once had a bad trip on weed and I haven't been the same since. I'd probably be smart for you not to touch any sort of mind altering substance being that you have anxiety issues. I have anxiety issues as well, I just don't seem to give a fuck whether I lose my mind or not? 8(

Make some indica brownies and you will have a completely different experience.

Not true, plenty of people get panic attacks on indica as well. It is a lot more of a comfortable high but in a brownie it can get you just as high as a sativa. I know what you went through OP, iv had plenty of these trips on cannabis. And your S.O sounds like an ass, he should have sat down and talked with you during your freak out.

Not true, plenty of people get panic attacks on indica as well. It is a lot more of a comfortable high but in a brownie it can get you just as high as a sativa. I know what you went through OP, iv had plenty of these trips on cannabis. And your S.O sounds like an ass, he should have sat down and talked with you during your freak out.

Then it is a Sativa dominant/high sativa hybrid. If you eat too much of an indica brownie, you'll fall asleep. You don't get paranoia.

i wish i could still get that high....but yea its very overwhelming if your not completely used to it..

The only time I ever really tripped my balls off on pot is when I ate it. Fucked up doesn't even come close to describing it. It felt like a combo of the trippy mind fuck of mushrooms and the body fuck of quaaludes with overwhelming waves of paranoia with profuse sweating followed by chills then nausea then fear then more sweating then more paranoia etc etc. Wave after wave for about 4 hours or so. But after that first time I have not been able to experience being that high from pot ever again, and it doesn't matter how much I tried to eat or smoke or eat and smoke. It's almost like once my pot cherry got popped I could never get that virgin stoned feeling ever again.

Great story.
I remember the first time edibles kicked my ass. =D
So amazing. Luckily I just went to sleep and didn't have to deal with it so much because weed food makes you totally tired. When I Woke up I realized weed can be a hell of a lot more crazy than most people think. Specially when you learn to concentrate it like that really well. Keif brownies for somebody who don't smoke twenty bowls and a few hash rips off the skillet a day could be pretty devastating.

They make them medical brownies out here with straight hash. I had a 20x brownie one day scared the shyt out of me.

Respect the eds. 8o=D
The weed has a funny way of playing on your paranoia.

Last edited:
People say indica is all body high but last time I smoked an indica I stared at my washing machine unraveling the meaning of life.

Pot sucks and just makes me feel stupid.

damn... never herd this before and hope i never hear it again. pot is great in so many ways, especially medicinally. its just not for you

You all are telling this guy, with anxiety problems, to do other mind altering drugs? Are you people INSANE? Seriously.. anxiety normally is caused by many other under lying issues that were never fully dealt with. Let's say the OP takes a psychedelic, and ends up in the mental hospital like I did because of it?

To the OP, i'm not saying you have to stay sober for the rest of your life, but you should stay sober until you have dealt with your anxiety issues and when you have it under control. Because psychedelics open up doors to our minds.. they bring out issues we normally wouldn't deal with sober. Why don't you come to the darkside and try and talk about your anxiety issues? I find it always helps to share with others what you are going through.<3

anxiety issues

Define anxiety. Exactly. It has no definition. Psychologists use it as an umbrella term to describe it as multiple symptoms because they don't understand. I don't even think people that use the term understand what it actually means. If one behaves unconventionally they get labeled with "anxiety." It's b.s. No one has ever been able to give me a clear meaning of that word.

^ Well having experienced it I can say it's basically a sick knot feeling in your stomach, accompanied by the feeling that everyone around you is judging and/or laughing at you.
Despite everything being otherwise, it's impossible to shake the feeling that you are nothing but a source of ridicule for everyone. It's not nice at all, and shouldn't be taken lightly.

My girlfriend has severe anxiety and simply does not talk for the fear that anything she says will lead to everyone thinking she is weird or insane. It goes beyond shy, and turns to anxiety I suppose when the problems start interfering with your normal logical train of thought or you actually get physical symptoms of it, such as severe nausea which I personally have experienced. I agree that many people interesting personalities seem to be unfairly type cast as some sort of mental illness these days, but having extremely bad anxiety is anything but easy.

Yeaaa uhmm.. Pot being baked in brownies makes it about 1000x stronger than being smoked. You should try watching that video on youtube where the cop called 911 because he overdosed on weed. =D

Glad you are ok though. I once had a bad trip on weed and I haven't been the same since. I'd probably be smart for you not to touch any sort of mind altering substance being that you have anxiety issues. I have anxiety issues as well, I just don't seem to give a fuck whether I lose my mind or not? 8(

Yeah see the thing is I've tried cooking pot before but was always to lazy to make the butter so I wasn't expecting it to be that strong. There was also a bunch of people saying you have to leave the butter cooking all day in a crock pot and shit to get it real strong, I either had really strong weed or they are mistaken.

damn... never herd this before and hope i never hear it again. pot is great in so many ways, especially medicinally. its just not for you

I have obviously come to that conclusion but still advocate the legalization of cannabis as my SO has medical problems that are greatly helped by it and I know many people can get a lot of enjoyment out of recreational use, just not me.

And your S.O sounds like an ass, he should have sat down and talked with you during your freak out.

Nah, my trip report is not the whole story or it would have been twice as long. Keep in mind my SO was at work all day and has medical problems and I just sprung this on them. Throughout the whole trip they tried to get me to take some benzos to calm me down but I was so irrational that I refused thinking that I would die if I took them.

You all are telling this guy, with anxiety problems, to do other mind altering drugs? Are you people INSANE? Seriously.. anxiety normally is caused by many other under lying issues that were never fully dealt with. Let's say the OP takes a psychedelic, and ends up in the mental hospital like I did because of it?

To the OP, i'm not saying you have to stay sober for the rest of your life, but you should stay sober until you have dealt with your anxiety issues and when you have it under control. Because psychedelics open up doors to our minds.. they bring out issues we normally wouldn't deal with sober. Why don't you come to the darkside and try and talk about your anxiety issues? I find it always helps to share with others what you are going through.<3

I'm with you, this trip showed me what it would be like to have psychosis and it made me shit my pants. I don't believe I will ever abuse a psychedelic again.

pop some oxys....but dont get addicted

Heh, I have been a raging opiate addict before it is the only drug that "cures" my anxiety unfortunately it also turns me into a giant asshole so I'll pass.

^ Well having experienced it I can say it's basically a sick knot feeling in your stomach, accompanied by the feeling that everyone around you is judging and/or laughing at you.
Despite everything being otherwise, it's impossible to shake the feeling that you are nothing but a source of ridicule for everyone. It's not nice at all, and shouldn't be taken lightly.

My girlfriend has severe anxiety and simply does not talk for the fear that anything she says will lead to everyone thinking she is weird or insane. It goes beyond shy, and turns to anxiety I suppose when the problems start interfering with your normal logical train of thought or you actually get physical symptoms of it, such as severe nausea which I personally have experienced. I agree that many people interesting personalities seem to be unfairly type cast as some sort of mental illness these days, but having extremely bad anxiety is anything but easy.

Yes pretty much this except on an intellectual level I have "solved" my anxiety, at this point it is all instinct, it's just something I can't help.

For many people, any cannabis is anxiogenic, regardless of the genetics or cannabinoid composition. The fact that you personally do not find indica strains anxiogenic does not mean that this is true for everybody else.

Thank you for writing such an honest and detailed report.

Now, you said that you intended on making them for your wife. Did she try them for her pain, and if so, how did she react?

Anxiety is a horrible thing to have. Trust me. Although psychedelics caused my anxiety. Wayyy too many bad trips.

my anxiety i feel was brought out by a bad dxm trip....but dont feel it on weed anymore...