⫸STICKY⫷ Post your Recordings - Lets hear em, Kid.mp3

should I get my daughter's thing off there? the account is my name and there"s nothing about her at all on there except her little song...can you suggest a better place to upload her music, too?
bandcamp doesn’t have that problem so far as I know but it isn’t as populated. YouTube works too. Soundcloud is what people usually use but if the spam bothers you I’d go with those.

very nice. was expecting some grind to your voice on the chorus but you hit those notes pretty good. I on the other hand sound like a junkie thom york since I haven't tried singing in years now.

You inspire me to try again.

Instead of posting an entire album, I'll post a track or two at a time.
Heres my sentiments on 2020.

hey what you use to record?
For that track it was just m iPhone using my regular camera app to record, garageband to mix, and then I transferred the file to Dolby ON to further mix and master. Both free, good apps and the iPhone mic isn't too too bad either. Can crank out a pretty quick demo that way.

Otherwise I have an actual home studio rig with a Roland Rubix 44 for my interface (4 in 4 out direct into Reaper in Linux). I'm not using it as often though for sheer convenience. For mics I have an SM58 and some cheap sennheiser mic. There's a variety of setups I can use there and the audio quality is much better. After recording and mixing there I still move the file into Dolby ON for the final mix/master.

Can't recommend Dolby ON enough. It enhances the sound of anything you put into it in a good way, and it's pretty versatile too. All while being dead easy to use. I've never seen anything else quite like it.

Here's something I recorded on the roland setup for comparison.

I'm Checking out your SoundCloud now.

Last edited:
@Waxworth thats a cool laid back sound you have there. Very alternative sounding.

It's good too. I'd like to hear the same track with a vocal on it.

yeah dolby sounds like they know what they're doing. Its Dolby after all. they're in charge of movie theatres and making shit sound epic. so I'm amazed of the quality on what you recorded on that song. Never heard of it. but I really liked it. I heard The Wall recorded live when roger waters came to Houston, and the quality of the Iphone was insane. way beyond my expectation. I was there like damn this is just sitting in like the 5-10 row and it sounds this good. No muffle or anything just prestine roger waters and the sound of that album.

note that if you do check out my soundcloud, go for the playlists.

@Alex_1991 thanks, I'd like to collab if interested. Heres a track from my debut. Free From You.

What kind of project would you like to do? You're really good on the midi stuff and programming drums, could I send you a track to write a backtrack to in bpm and then I'll rerecord over it? I can probably start one song right now. Have a lot of shit going on.

@Alex_1991 anything that comes out really. Yeah we can try that. If anything I'll get started on it tomorrow. I'll send you something too.

What most don't know here is that im a bit of a composer. I suppose you might say im a professional composer (as I've been paid for it, though i don't do it as a job). I've scored a season of a streaming TV series (it only played for 1 season unfortunately), and have done a number of short films too.

Ill never post my name on here so I can't share it unfortunately, though one or two people on here actually know who I am.

Though my actual music doesn't sound like this, I posted this joke song in another thread for princess diz on here though (im not a singer by any means but i sang none the less). I've got a rather deep voice and limited range. Here's my improvised song for princess diz

@PrincessDiz

Last edited:
I don't know if I'm doing it right but Vocaroo is a good idea I've never used it before. Continue to compose and speak of ass good sir please.

This is one I am just not sure of. I like the melody but the range is out of my comfort zone at times but I love improving the guitar parts

I just checked it out bud. I like it. It has a big white stripes vibe to it. I would definitely keep the song. I’d love it if you checked out a few of my songs. Everything you here on them is me. I play all the instruments and vocals and I do all my own mixing and mastering from my home studio. You can here them from my website