• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive Post something that makes you feel peaceful, happy, or content.

Image, video, song, poem, quote...anything goes as long as it's positive and makes you feel good.

325710-landscape-nature-river-forest-dark-sunrise-mist-shrubs-trees-atmosphere-Germany-748x421.jpg

winter-trees.jpg

screen-4.jpg

Blue-Ridge-Parkway-Sunset-1170x781.jpeg

wonderful thread idea! positive vibes only in this sanctuary

pexels-photo-38136.jpeg

pexels-photo-2406395.jpeg

Ordesa and Monte Perdido National Park is located right in the middle along the border of Spain and France. It covers an area of 96 square miles (sq km 156) and is one of the protected areas for the Pyrenees. Pyrenees National Park is the protected area on the France side of the border. The national park was the first established in Spain and one of the earlier parks from around the world.

The Pyrenees is a mountain range that creates a natural border between Spain and its neighboring France. This mountain boundary also creates a natural separation and sets aside the Iberian Peninsula. Summits of the mountain range reach a height of 11,168 feet (3,404 m). Mount Perdido reaches a summit of 11,000 feet (3,355 m) and is the third tallest summit in the Pyrenees.

The Ordesa Valley is one of the most aesthetically pleasing areas of the park and is what part of the name is attributed. The Rio Arazas River traverses through this valley providing beautiful landscapes, views of multiple waterfalls, and opportunities to look up at the majestic massifs surrounding the river valley.

The vegetation of the park varies by altitudes. The lower elevations under 4,921 feet (1,500 m) feature forests comprised of silver fir, Scots pine, downy oak, silver birch, willows, and common ash. Mountain pine becomes the predominant forest at elevations above 6,561 feet (2,000 m).

The flowering plants that occur in the meadows at elevations between 5,577 and 9,942 feet (1,700 and 3,000 m) include bellflower, Pyrenean violet, long-leafed butterwort, and of course the edelweiss which is used as one of the symbols used for the park.

The mountain range features glacial lakes, river ravines, cascading waterfalls, and an abundance of flora and fauna to captivate the senses. It is both a UNESCO World Heritage site and a biosphere reserve.

Wildlife of Ordesa and Monte Perdido National Park include brown bear, boar, red squirrel, marmot, red fox, badger, groundhog, weasel, and the goat-antelope known as the chamois. There are 32 different species of mammals.

The skies feature the Egyptian vulture, the bearded vulture, and the majestic golden eagle. The golden eagle is known to carry off prey larger than itself; it is a magnificent predator. There are 171 species of birds with the golden eagle serving as the pinnacle sighting. It would be even more exciting if you witnessed a golden eagle successfully capturing and carrying off its prey.

Ordesa%20Y%20Monte%20perdido%20National%20Park%20Ordesa%20Valley%20.jpg

Ordesa%20Y%20Monte%20perdido%20National%20Park%20scenic%20river.jpg

Ordesa%20Y%20Monte%20perdido%20National%20Park%20cascading%20river.jpg

20210810-175718.jpg

Me betta chill in dis thang I wanna feel good too much fo my own good ya know?

20210811-180100-HDR.jpg

Ordesa and Monte Perdido National Park is located right in the middle along the border of Spain and France. It covers an area of 96 square miles (sq km 156) and is one of the protected areas for the Pyrenees. Pyrenees National Park is the protected area on the France side of the border. The national park was the first established in Spain and one of the earlier parks from around the world.

The Pyrenees is a mountain range that creates a natural border between Spain and its neighboring France. This mountain boundary also creates a natural separation and sets aside the Iberian Peninsula. Summits of the mountain range reach a height of 11,168 feet (3,404 m). Mount Perdido reaches a summit of 11,000 feet (3,355 m) and is the third tallest summit in the Pyrenees.

The Ordesa Valley is one of the most aesthetically pleasing areas of the park and is what part of the name is attributed. The Rio Arazas River traverses through this valley providing beautiful landscapes, views of multiple waterfalls, and opportunities to look up at the majestic massifs surrounding the river valley.

The vegetation of the park varies by altitudes. The lower elevations under 4,921 feet (1,500 m) feature forests comprised of silver fir, Scots pine, downy oak, silver birch, willows, and common ash. Mountain pine becomes the predominant forest at elevations above 6,561 feet (2,000 m).

The flowering plants that occur in the meadows at elevations between 5,577 and 9,942 feet (1,700 and 3,000 m) include bellflower, Pyrenean violet, long-leafed butterwort, and of course the edelweiss which is used as one of the symbols used for the park.

The mountain range features glacial lakes, river ravines, cascading waterfalls, and an abundance of flora and fauna to captivate the senses. It is both a UNESCO World Heritage site and a biosphere reserve.

Wildlife of Ordesa and Monte Perdido National Park include brown bear, boar, red squirrel, marmot, red fox, badger, groundhog, weasel, and the goat-antelope known as the chamois. There are 32 different species of mammals.

The skies feature the Egyptian vulture, the bearded vulture, and the majestic golden eagle. The golden eagle is known to carry off prey larger than itself; it is a magnificent predator. There are 171 species of birds with the golden eagle serving as the pinnacle sighting. It would be even more exciting if you witnessed a golden eagle successfully capturing and carrying off its prey.

Ordesa%20Y%20Monte%20perdido%20National%20Park%20Ordesa%20Valley%20.jpg

Ordesa%20Y%20Monte%20perdido%20National%20Park%20scenic%20river.jpg

Ordesa%20Y%20Monte%20perdido%20National%20Park%20cascading%20river.jpg
I just saw this post. Beautiful pics too! Thanks for sharing.

Only human. Artful music media makes me happy. Well I mean transitorily.

I can get lost looking at old vintage wallpaper patterns and colors. I love to redo furniture and home decor in ways you normally wouldnt think of. Lately Ive really been into Alice in Wonderland. I have been taking the old vintage ornate frames and painting them bright colors with images of alice in wonderland. Look at how this harlequin pattern looks on furniture. These arent mine but examples I am using for inspiration

Need to check my ego right now but not negatively like in a way I can find simple gratitude tonight somehow not in the bottom of a can of beer from the beer dealer right down the street I need to one day move off lol not saying that is why I keep drinking at all anyways this makes me feel positive that I have a chance to change before I end up homeless for no good reason now this guy was traumatized by Uncle Sam God bless him or Krishna or Buddha or whoever he might be asking or not

Also was just in a pet shop and a woman said a little loud to her kid "do you want to be homeless" gosh I should be glad for this roof over my head

But Reading makes me feel positive I should replace my heavy screen use with paper books better for my attention span and I guess it improves reading comprehension as well according to a medical article among other benefits

MV5BZDNkZjMyMTEtM2U2Mi00OTkwLWFjMjItY2Q3ZjllMjUyYzlhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTYzMDM0NTU@._V1_.jpg

Take a look in a book don't be a crook

Not all rainbows here but mother gave me several big plastic bags of books to rummage through and disperse among the network of free Little Libraries scattered in this once award winning quaint village right on the edge of the badlands

Last edited: