• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Social Post something negative about weed

I see a lot of posts in this thread that could go either way based on strain smoked, dose or amount smoked, frequency, etc.

IME the times I felt paranoia and/or racing heart, I'm pretty sure I was smoking sativa strains and too much at that. I think sometimes microdosing several times a day helps tolerance levels and relieves anxiety better than taking a monster hit every fucking time. And if you know you are prone to anxiety, maybe seek out an indica strain as they typically tend to be more on the relaxing end. All in moderation of course.

Like all drugs, knowing yourself and how you react is the best way to prevent a negative reaction. And I would argue that if someone is having negative reactions, it could likely be because they are smoking too much in too short of a time period. I dunno, maybe a friend is smoking you under the table and it's all you can do to keep up. Well it's not a fucking competition. Maybe your friend has a higher tolerance, so to "keep up" would mean smoking too much and the next thing you know- aaarrrrrggghh panic attack!

This is a harm reduction site so I'm saying smoking less is okay.

I have schizophrenia (actually schizoaffective with bipolar) and was a daily smoker for over 10 years after my diagnosis with hardly a problem at all. I now smoke less frequently because of my living situation so when I do smoke, I smoke less because I know my tolerance is low.

Hmmm, now something negative about weed.... It isn't free.

That it would have to be something negative to begin with.

There is not yet a more solid and research backed method of pairing specific strains with specific disorders. To some extent it seems most strains cause me to way over analyze myself and my surroundings. Even a small amount can trigger this.
At times being high can be enlightening leaving me in a better place. More often it makes me way over analyze every factor involved responsible for insecurity and hardship in myself and others. I'll tear myself apart finding fault, stupidity etc everywhere. These realizations lead to serous anxiety and low level panic. Seconds become minutes and so on. Down the rabbit hole am I, woe to find light of freedom. Also I tend to experience confusion or cluelessness regarding any kind of mathematical thinking or similar type problem solving.
Once the effects wear off, the factors responsible for the negative effects are not important in the way they were. Not worthy of the anxiety and emotion I burned. Rarely can i understand how I became suck a basket case.
To some extent yes, I believe choice of strain and roi can be helpful. At times I have experienced being high w out these negative effects. Nevertheless I'll say it's a crap shoot regardless of strain recommendation. For me anyways. I do know folks who are blessed by having legal access to weed. It really does good for alot of peeps out there.

There seems to be too many people thinking weed is harmless, or perfect, or a wonder drug.

I love weed, but the above just isn’t true, weed is an addictive drug, albeit a relatively harmless one.

I believe the way people view pot makes those who are addicted to it more hesitant to ask for help, because they fear ridicule.

Please post something bad about weed to try to offset this. Seriously, it’s like the polar opposite of how people view Methamphetamine or glue sniffers.
I’ve smoked weed since being a teen but only recently ( the past month) discovered that weed helps create imaginary pain in my back when I smoke , I ran through my monthly allotment in 3 weeks and went a week without any but in that week I noticed my back pain was remarkably better without smoking, when I was able to reup I smoked a fattie and within 1/2 hour of smokin all my pain returned ,.. I’m not renewing my weed card and gonna sell off the unopened 1/8’s I have . I was told weed make withdrawal and pain worse but dismissed it until I discovered it was true accidentally.

My first drug was airplane model glue preteen , your glue sniffing reference made me recall this.

Reactions: CFC
The medicinal effects of the weed will help me through my Trauma. If I did ever have surgery on my broken up wrist. And for when the pain medication needs a refill it will definitely be a godsend ?! because i can't do this on my own BUT I should have too.

There is quite an abundance of negativity in the fullness of the universe everywhere and always on a continuous basis anyway.

Apparently the whole universe can be composed of negativity also. Or yes, I'm high.

o_O

I’ve smoked weed since being a teen but only recently ( the past month) discovered that weed helps create imaginary pain in my back when I smoke , I ran through my monthly allotment in 3 weeks and went a week without any but in that week I noticed my back pain was remarkably better without smoking, when I was able to reup I smoked a fattie and within 1/2 hour of smokin all my pain returned ,.. I’m not renewing my weed card and gonna sell off the unopened 1/8’s I have . I was told weed make withdrawal and pain worse but dismissed it until I discovered it was true accidentally.

My first drug was airplane model glue preteen , your glue sniffing reference made me recall this.

I never noticed weed to be analgesic either. If anything, it exacerbates pain for me too. It makes me somewhat tense up and overanalyze my body even more than usual, unless i go to bed. Maybe i take too much for pain purposes. Does help with all kinds of coping, however. I attribute that to its great allround high with mild side-effects, and not to any proper medical effects really.

The whole prospect of medical marijuana seems generally overstated to me, almost like an excuse for normalization of getting high, but there are some cases and circumstances that seem silly to deny. I understand it really helps controlling seizures for some epileptic patients, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: CFC
All my weedy friends seem genuinely brain damaged nowadays. They're thinking has slowed and their memories are shot. It seems really noticeable compared to our other friends. They also all seem dependent on it such that I wonder if it's really any less addictive than a whole bunch of supposedly worse drugs.

When I eat an edible, I'll find myself sometimes in a store staring at the products. Then I think, wait, did I take too much? The answer is no, not enough.

When I eat an edible, I'll find myself sometimes in a store staring at the products. Then I think, wait, did I take too much? The answer is no, not enough.
YES SA !!! definitely do !