post some pop!

When pop was Ritzy. How much crack gets smoked by major league crack people in Ritz Carlton suites?

Edited for content and to fit the screen.
"Make that thing pop like it [redacted] shimmy shimmy yaaa [redacted]" all references to violence left in✔ most demeaning references to women left in✔ well done corporate rap. But it's a f****** good beat so f*** y'all

Last edited:

I've never seen this video before but I've always liked this song. I'm struck by what a handsome woman Annie Lennox is, with her striking gray eyes and statuesque almost noble brow and wide cheekbones. A completely natural beauty who doesn't need a lick of makeup. Not a bad singer either

Belinda Carlisle - Mad About You (1986)

Hugely influential 80s pop music icon. Do you remember that it was pretty much the Go-Go's and The Bangles for girl bands out of America ... Whereas the UK had many more all girl or 50% + female bands. Oh and Carlisle also dated Dodgers outfielder Mike Marshall.

original.png

I'm not on a Carlisle kick but I'm astonished at how versatile and prolific Paul Weller has been in 5 decades. Here he is uncharacteristically self-conscious following the disillusion of his marriage to Style Council vocalist Dee C. Lee

Though he never caught on in the United States and when Bob Geldof organized Band-Aid and recorded Let Them know it's Christmas Weller wasn't given a feature solo like the lead singers of Duran Duran and Culture Club and even Paul Young and who remembers him? ... I wasn't going to play that but why not I'll throw that one on. Look for him at mins. 1:40 and 3:07 chilling out. By the way is it just me or are Brirish pop stars of the 1980s all beautiful!? 🤩 It's just me...

Last edited:
This was the first new wave song I got. I knew it was awesome. But more than that it was totally novel sounding for a pop song probably like the Beatles would have sounded if you were putting on Sergeant Pepper's or Revolver for the first time

Anthem for bluelighters ?

Sakamoto joins playing a fully programmable analog synthesizer the prophet 5 by sequential, there were others that came before it, but this was the first to include a built-in microprocessor. Aye and a wee bit smaller than a deck of cards!

Surely one of the strangest pop songs ever to break into the UK charts top 10, a country that due to the horrible depressing weather forces people to develop a much more refined taste in music

"Ghosts" 👻 written and performed by Japan: who Alan Partridge described as "those effeminate futurists from the 80s"
UK TV 1981 or 82

🦊

Not a pop guy this is about as close as I can get right now but I am torn between dismal debilitating stress where hope is burned alive to ash and high hopes

Not sure this is even pop I know it is popular radio stuff though pops more than rocks or crackles or even snaps for me at least

He gets to sing to millions of happy giddy eardrums and I work like a dumb mule this hurt more than helped perhaps thinking I am giving myself music inspiration end up doing the opposite

Last edited:
I remember when this song came out I was telling people Duran Duran came out with a single that is probably their best song, definitely holds up
Just listened to a live version of Ordinary World recently they are special before my generation quite frankly better than a lot of recent music

Crap there I go comparing my life to the super fortunate again that is a losing strategy right from the start cannot sit here and dump drama into a pop palace.

Let me pay a lil homage without drama to Little Richard a pop legend one of the Godfathers of it I reckon at least according to Billboard here maybe more pop would be healthier for my psyche honestly than what I currently prefer in the heat of binges might see you again soon hopefully with some authentic pop I did some homework to find

Last edited: