• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Art Post some ART that you're feeling today - and why?

lacey k said:
Ok , tas great, but WHY ??? Is that such a hard question. Everone just posts shit like "I like this picture today." Fuckin WHY?? Cuz its gray and dreary lookin and you feel down today? cuz the red in the guys shirt really catches your eye and makes you think of somethin it could be symbolic of? Cuz you had a picture like it in your kitchen as a kid and it reminds you of childhood? Fuckin why? Otherwise this threads boring as fuck.

:eek: I unintentionally left out my 'why'. Edited and fixed. :)

naples-subway.jpg

its a subway entrance in madrid by anish kapoor. Its so vaginal, and seed-like. I've been thinking about it for a month or two, but its taking on new meaning now that its getting cool at night here :)

Thanks, atlas, this stimulus-seeking is inevitable between brain-squishing work!! :D

Today I discovered Matthew Feyld. Sorry for posting two, but they are part of a series. I like them because bears bring me back to fairy tales (we don't have bears here). And it also brings me back to a time when I couldn't read yet and would make stories up to fit illustrations. He uses proportions similar to mine when I doodle. I am completely, extremely attracted to his work. Check the other stuff out.

untitledlongweekendatbiglake.jpg

untitledblackbear.jpg

<3

^^
once again, awesome. I want a keylogger installed on your work computer to monitor your browsing ;)

I googled for headache art, and found nothing satisfactory, so I'm going with something that reminds me indirectly of head pain.

800px-The_Burghers_of_Calais_-_Canberra.jpg

Rodin - The burghers at calais

Three times today, I've gotten called out by people who are supposed to show me some consideration, and three times, I have remained polite. I am getting sick of hearing about my character flaws from people who get to go on living ignorant of their own.

^*pets* *shows you ample consideration* ;)

I love the vintage pastiche of Scott Hansens visual work because it brings me back to one of my favorite decades....the seventies. Anything that reminds me of that decade makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside...I feel like I'm back in my childhood home with the kitschy velour couches and adobe walls.
Posting two because i like them very much....
afterknit.jpg

compmag.jpg

Check out his work HERE :)

Last edited:
OOh cc that last pic is dope as hell. I like it i know what you mean bout 70s style stuff. It got a warm cozy feeling to it. and makes you feel like you got a nice enclosed space around you. I dont know why the style from then just makes me feel like im im a small comfortable room on a comfy couch in the dark smokin weed or somethin.

To be honest a lot of the art that I'm "feeling" means something to me because it connects to that certain part of my emotion that is indescribable. Art is amazing like that. It makes the things that I cannot express through words legitimate somehow. Maybe this is why some people aren't posting any words to go with why it connects with them. For example, I can't really say exactly what I connect with in this painting yet it remains near and dear to my heart:

mat3.jpg

I like the feeling to em...Kinda lonely n stuff.....In jersey we got so many abandoned things n graveyards and secret kinda places all over even right out in the open. So that reminds me of some of the many days ive had of gettin mad fucked up and traveling all around on a adventure to a creepy but mad intriguing place.

brom_02.jpg

Im fascinating by broms dark work. he always show a charecter weather in battle or rest with unusual expressions. ones that penetrate. I often find beauty in the grotest and for me this is saying what is alien is not different it is incomprehensible based on lack of knowledge.

ive stumble on this by accident
32big.jpg

there is that oldschool feeling of wisdom we instinctually have when we kinda loose the concept of time in the middle of a afternoon in exchange of more imagination when we are kids :)

Lippenbekenntnisse_zuendende_Ideen_110x65cm.jpg

Love it due to the texture, obscenity, revulsion, sensuality and disgust brought to an everyday act. Sometimes I feel like a Katharina Schultz painting when we get all tarted up to go out to the pubs/clubs after a few drinks. Neurotic, overstimulated, rabbit in the headlights.

HALA_DUBAI_k2.JPG

i recall this thread from the past...

have just ordered 'Forever and Ever, New Works by Shawn Barber'

his style is dope. i admire his work ethic. inspiring person.

cristy-road.jpg

this one is hot. the faded image is ill.

anywho, more pics plzzzz

frameofmind.jpg

frame of mind divided by lifestyle, i can relate.

my avatar is from the same guy, he's amazing.

mariacallas said:
i'm gonna post here everyday if I want to because hey, I like too many pieces of art ! :p
This has been my absolute favorite for some time now : "In Bed" by Inka Essenhigh (Oil on canvas). It completely grabs me, speaks to me, soothes me in a strangely comforting way and is just an absolute pleasure to look at.
IE-082.jpg

that's incredible 8o