• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Post Session Nose Care

mightyhedgehog

Greenlighter
Happy new year everyone. I spent my new year's eve doing cola and now my nose is getting back at me. Both nostrils are completely blocked despite only using one nostril to snort.

I probably did at most a gram that night, more likely 0.7 or so. After I was finished I sniffed a little salt water solution to clean it out and then rubbed a bit of petrolatum on the inside.

I can't breathe through my nose at all and breathing through my mouth has now caused my throat to swell and hurt. Any advice on clearing my nose and preventing nose issues altogether?

Last edited:
Doesnt sound normal. Was it very cut? Thats quite a long time for it to stay blocked.
It could be blocked or swollen..
Try taking anti inflammatorys. Vicks vapor rub could also help it open?
Have you tried blowing it? Boil a saucepan and try inhale steam to losen the potential blockage then blow

Ouch ! Are you serious ? I guess time will tell. HapNeYea !

Doesnt sound normal. Was it very cut? Thats quite a long time for it to stay blocked.
It could be blocked or swollen..
Try taking anti inflammatorys. Vicks vapor rub could also help it open?
Have you tried blowing it? Boil a saucepan and try inhale steam to losen the potential blockage then blow
It was a heavy cut, I think lidocaine mostly which is pretty common around me. Don't know for sure as our test kit isn't super comprehensive. Is it really a long time for the nose to stay blocked? New year's eve was Thurs. and it's Sat. now. I have some vapor rub and it hasn't helped much but maybe one of those vapor sticks would lol. I am blowing it often because it's also runny as the sinuses are super swollen and inhaling is really only possible after I blow it but steam hasn't helped clear it much at all. Steamy shower helps but I can't stay in the shower forever.

@mightyhedgehog oh so it's running aswel, your first post said 'completely blocked'
Time will heal it but yeah that's quite long. Try not to keep blowing it too hard as that will strain it and keep it swollen.
I bet if you do a load of dumbell curls, push ups or bodyweight squats, they temporarily open up, as the blood rushes to other parts of your body.
Take ibuprofen

@mightyhedgehog oh so it's running aswel, your first post said 'completely blocked'
Time will heal it but yeah that's quite long. Try not to keep blowing it too hard as that will strain it and keep it swollen.
I bet if you do a load of dumbell curls, push ups or bodyweight squats, they temporarily open up, as the blood rushes to other parts of your body.
Take ibuprofen
It's completely blocked as in no air can get in or out but it does drip because those membranes leak from al the pressure built up. Thanks for the tips, here's to a better 2021!

Try antihistamines to try stop leaking. I always use them when my nose is dripping because of coke or not.