• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Post roll 5-htp with egcg-supplement science

Innerpeace

Bluelighter
Being responsible and taking enough time in between rolls is a must and is always number uno. Just have to get that out of the way, since I see many people here, doing what appears to be abuse-now onto supplement science

This is a question and may school many of you.

As many of you know many people 5-htp to help feel better after a roll. What many dont know is 5-htp alone doesnt do much and if used alone long term , it can cause a certain valve damage related to the heart-again we are talking years of taking 5-htp, so lets not take this out of context-ive seen people freak out for taking 5-htp for a month afterwards and this doesnt apply to that, based on the research and studies ive done.

If a person takes egcg with 5-htp , no heart damage occurs due to it blocks a certain chemical or pathway or something ( look it up, im going off memory here and am not looking it up right now so feel free to interject)

A dose of egcg with around 100 mgs (or some people like to use 200), form the research, 400 mgs egcg is ideal. What most people dont know is egcg is very low in most green teas, so you have to do your math and figure out exactly how much egcg your taking in, or you wont get the after effect benefits of 5-htp. there are a couple high extract egcg products that are expensive ive found, so I feel they are worth it, and in this case esp after a roll for 5-htp to work correctly.

now onto my question. Ive read to not take 5-htp while one is rolling or in the system. If I rolled I would take my 5-htp in the morning with egcg, because for some it can cause sleep issues, and currently the only caffeine I take is in green tea, so no caffiene at night for me.

Is it possible the 5-htp in the morning with the egcg would kick in and cause serotonin to heighten , bc the roll will be an afterglow (still somewhat in ones system), so is it okay to take 5-htp and egcg the day afterwards?

another thing I think is a god idea is the day after eat a good amount of tasty food, bc eating a lot and well releases erotnin and causes you to feel good. If you're dietng you can always wait a day or so and jump back on your diet

You're right about EGCG with 5-HTP. It's generally recommended to wait 12 hours after your last MDMA dose before you take 5-HTP. The guidelines I come across most frequently are that you should take 100mg 5-HTP with 400mg EGCG daily before bed for 3-7 days after taking MDMA, though you can take it in the day to avoid the sleep issue, it does usually make you sleep better though, just makes it harder to wake up. It's not recommended to take 5-HTP before MDMA, partly cause of serotonin syndrome worries, but also because that excess serotonin from the 5-HTP could actually down-regulate your 5-HT receptors and weaken the MDMA effects

You're right about EGCG with 5-HTP. It's generally recommended to wait 12 hours after your last MDMA dose before you take 5-HTP. The guidelines I come across most frequently are that you should take 100mg 5-HTP with 400mg EGCG daily before bed for 3-7 days after taking MDMA, though you can take it in the day to avoid the sleep issue, it does usually make you sleep better though, just makes it harder to wake up. It's not recommended to take 5-HTP before MDMA, partly cause of serotonin syndrome worries, but also because that excess serotonin from the 5-HTP could actually down-regulate your 5-HT receptors and weaken the MDMA effects

okay twelve years after last dose, that's plenty time then, ty

yup a high egcg green tea is difficult to find, so study up on your supplement or green tea egcg content, bc many people are not getting enough egcg with their 5-htp.

okay twelve years after last dose, that's plenty time then, ty

yup a high egcg green tea is difficult to find, so study up on your supplement or green tea egcg content, bc many people are not getting enough egcg with their 5-htp.

lolz :p

You could just try a cup of tea without the 5htp & have a decent breakfast instead.

My routine was weed, tea (black tea), orange juice, fried breakfast (bacon, eggs, beans...) & multivitamin. Tea helps, but I'm not sure it's all about egcg. 5htp just makes me feel worse.

Last edited:
i find it a bit confusing from what I've read. You take 5htp because serotonin does not cross the blood brain barrier. 5htp is converted to serotonin before it reaches the brain, which is why EGCG is recommended. But what if EGCG also crosses the blood brain barrier? would that mean it stops 5htp being converted there as well and therefore pointless?

Taking 5htp bypasses the body's natural rate limiting for producing serotonin & as jacked points out it can be converted to serotonin in the liver before it reaches the brain, which is probably harmful. I think it's better just to eat plenty of protein & let your body make it's own serotonin. EGCG is an antioxidant which might be important to help recovery on it's own, but I'd rather have it as part of a cup of tea & there are probably other helpful compounds in tea too. Fruit juice, tea, vitamins & a protein rich breakfast seem to work wonders on a comedown.

I agree that a healthy diet 24/7 is much better than 5-HTP, and taking antioxidants before and after your roll is probably very helpful too. I just like to take 5-HTP for a few days after rolling just for the assurance that I have maybe got some extra serotonin back for my brain

I agree that a healthy diet 24/7 is much better than 5-HTP, and taking antioxidants before and after your roll is probably very helpful too. I just like to take 5-HTP for a few days after rolling just for the assurance that I have maybe got some extra serotonin back for my brain

I agree and healthy lifestyle is number uno.

will one be okay if they are responsible-long breaks and such and three months minimum, stay within the dosing guidelines, live a health lifestyle, take no other drugs that interact , and get great sleep? absolutely and the different perspective

5-htp for a 3-7 days afterwards because of assurance is nice indeed (make sure high egcg -400 mgs) well said terarc

Thank you very much for sharing this informative post on egcg-supplement science.I think you have great knowledge about supplements.Could you please share some benefits of taking Green supplements regularly?

i find it a bit confusing from what I've read. You take 5htp because serotonin does not cross the blood brain barrier. 5htp is converted to serotonin before it reaches the brain, which is why EGCG is recommended. But what if EGCG also crosses the blood brain barrier? would that mean it stops 5htp being converted there as well and therefore pointless?

egcg does not cross the blood brain barrier.

however it's quite a prolofic enzyme inhibitor and also targets various liver enzymes. so if you're on some medication there could be interactions (with the high doses of egcg required to get the 5-htp to the brain).