• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive Post pics of your cooking creations

DdRKUVbl.jpg

that was last night's.....Rosemary Asiago and Sheep Gouda

Wait, what are they? What do they taste like? I love me some pickled produce 😊
They are sort of like a wild garlic that grows mostly in the northeastern quadrant of the US (into some parts of Canada too)

The taste is sort of between garlic and onion. In the picture is the white root bulb that I pickled, but you can also eat the greens that grow above ground too

But they have a really short growing season and only pop up for like 2-3 weeks each year in the springtime. So if you try to buy them in a grocery store they charge ridiculous prices because of how difficult it is to harvest them in significant quantities. Luckily, if you have woods nearby it’s pretty easy to find them in abundance though

They are sort of like a wild garlic that grows mostly in the northeastern quadrant of the US (into some parts of Canada too)

The taste is sort of between garlic and onion. In the picture is the white root bulb that I pickled, but you can also eat the greens that grow above ground too

But they have a really short growing season and only pop up for like 2-3 weeks each year in the springtime. So if you try to buy them in a grocery store they charge ridiculous prices because of how difficult it is to harvest them in significant quantities. Luckily, if you have woods nearby it’s pretty easy to find them in abundance though
Awesome!! They sound delicious!