Welcome Guest!

Forum GuidelinesBluelight Rules
  • Lounge Moderators: andyturbo | BK38 | D's | mal3volent
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

🐶 Pets 🐱 Post a picture of your pets

sugar.clothing

Bluelighter

His name is WonderBread. He was living behind a bakery before animal rescue came.

TheLoveBandit

Co-Owner
First up we have Maggie, 9yo Calico. She came by way of a neighbor with a father entering dementia and needing a good home for her. She spent her first 6-8mo in my home not being seen, and especially afraid of my manly footsteps. Here we are about 4y later and she's overcome her skittishness to firmly establish her position as 'Princess' of the house. She is extremely sweet, and likes her head rubbed. She is very selective in who she approaches and who is allowed to touch her. Aliases include Magpie, Maggiemoo, The moo, The Magamuffin. Special traits would be that she cannot be held for more than 2sec or she freaks out (I've built enough trust to hold her for 4sec). Another (NOT) endearing quality is that she hates closed doors. Especially your bedroom door or bedroom closet while you're trying to sleep, so now the carpet is torn in several places. Or, anytime I try to go to the bathroom, she'll paw to be let in, check things out, paw to be let out, rinse and repeat every 5 min as if something may have changed during that time. Recent changes would be her becoming more assertive (demanding!) in that regular walks across my desk between my face and the keyboard have escalated to pawing at, or even biting, my hands so that I understand she needs petting. I've since gone to putting my hands under the desk when not typing, and she in turn reaches down to paw at them, and recently cut the bullshit and just started swiping at my face.

Here we see Princess Maggie in her Papasan Maggiesan chair where she can catch sunbeams through a front window.

Next, we have the Covid adoption, Nala. Currently about 5yo, she arrived via rescue from Louisiana and she is the definition of a velcro dog. She has to be in the room with people, to the point of thinking she is a lapdog (at 50lbs) who has successfully crushed my nuts on many occasion. She also gets jealous and will push herself between you and any cat thinking of walking over for some love. Abused in her original home, she shows no signs of PTSD and in fact is extremely happy nearly all the time so long as she has a hooman to be with. She is very sweet and loving, and has learned to communicate when she needs to go out, or be let in. She is very afraid of the cats, and waits her turn to eat HER food once they are done with it. Only alias is Boobie (play of off puppy), and no recent changes other than reaching 50lbs recently (she arrived last April at 43lbs). She's gettin' fat and she doesn't care.

The sunbeam sisters, where Nala got the chair first and Maggie chose a spot where the dog can't bother her.

Last we have the first pet to have joined my household, the all white 6yo cat, Mr. Snuggles. Yes, that's his real official name. At the rescue place, he approached me and sought out the love, earning him the name then and there. Aliases are many: Snugs, Snug E Buggs, Snugbutt, Buggers, Bugaboo, Pudge, The Belly, Butthead, The Butt. Like the dog, he needs people and seeks them out, to the extent where in a house full of people walking about he'll lay down in the center of the room (no fear of being stepped on, only ensuring everyone knows he is there should they have an urge to give him love). He is also an idiot in most things. He gets locked up in a far away room every night, otherwise he caterwauls throughout the night wondering where the people went. He even does this in the middle of the day if he forgets you are in the other room he just left. He also follows you into the bathroom, usually unseen, and manages to be locked in there when you leave. The one point he is smart, kinda, is in playing-fighting. When I run the hand under the sheets, he might watch for a minute, then he attacks my face. He isn't falling for the hand under the sheet trick. However, he likes to pick fights with Maggie (hence the name 'Butthead'), and frequently approaches me with a big chunk missing above his right eye. On this one, he doesn't figure out 'dont mess with Maggie'. He is a very long cat, and has developed a belly, hence some of the nicknames. No recent changes, but he does have some interesting stories, such as the time I was on MDMA and Sangria until the wee hours of winter, passed out, and woke up to find him huddled under a tree scared shitless.

The boy looking innocent (and clueless).

mal3volent

Sr. Moderator: CEPS, TL, S&G
Staff member
First up we have Maggie, 9yo Calico. She came by way of a neighbor with a father entering dementia and needing a good home for her. She spent her first 6-8mo in my home not being seen, and especially afraid of my manly footsteps. Here we are about 4y later and she's overcome her skittishness to firmly establish her position as 'Princess' of the house. She is extremely sweet, and likes her head rubbed. She is very selective in who she approaches and who is allowed to touch her. Aliases include Magpie, Maggiemoo, The moo, The Magamuffin. Special traits would be that she cannot be held for more than 2sec or she freaks out (I've built enough trust to hold her for 4sec). Another (NOT) endearing quality is that she hates closed doors. Especially your bedroom door or bedroom closet while you're trying to sleep, so now the carpet is torn in several places. Or, anytime I try to go to the bathroom, she'll paw to be let in, check things out, paw to be let out, rinse and repeat every 5 min as if something may have changed during that time. Recent changes would be her becoming more assertive (demanding!) in that regular walks across my desk between my face and the keyboard have escalated to pawing at, or even biting, my hands so that I understand she needs petting. I've since gone to putting my hands under the desk when not typing, and she in turn reaches down to paw at them, and recently cut the bullshit and just started swiping at my face.

Here we see Princess Maggie in her Papasan Maggiesan chair where she can catch sunbeams through a front window.

Next, we have the Covid adoption, Nala. Currently about 5yo, she arrived via rescue from Louisiana and she is the definition of a velcro dog. She has to be in the room with people, to the point of thinking she is a lapdog (at 50lbs) who has successfully crushed my nuts on many occasion. She also gets jealous and will push herself between you and any cat thinking of walking over for some love. Abused in her original home, she shows no signs of PTSD and in fact is extremely happy nearly all the time so long as she has a hooman to be with. She is very sweet and loving, and has learned to communicate when she needs to go out, or be let in. She is very afraid of the cats, and waits her turn to eat HER food once they are done with it. Only alias is Boobie (play of off puppy), and no recent changes other than reaching 50lbs recently (she arrived last April at 43lbs). She's gettin' fat and she doesn't care.

The sunbeam sisters, where Nala got the chair first and Maggie chose a spot where the dog can't bother her.

Last we have the first pet to have joined my household, the all white 6yo cat, Mr. Snuggles. Yes, that's his real official name. At the rescue place, he approached me and sought out the love, earning him the name then and there. Aliases are many: Snugs, Snug E Buggs, Snugbutt, Buggers, Bugaboo, Pudge, The Belly, Butthead, The Butt. Like the dog, he needs people and seeks them out, to the extent where in a house full of people walking about he'll lay down in the center of the room (no fear of being stepped on, only ensuring everyone knows he is there should they have an urge to give him love). He is also an idiot in most things. He gets locked up in a far away room every night, otherwise he caterwauls throughout the night wondering where the people went. He even does this in the middle of the day if he forgets you are in the other room he just left. He also follows you into the bathroom, usually unseen, and manages to be locked in there when you leave. The one point he is smart, kinda, is in playing-fighting. When I run the hand under the sheets, he might watch for a minute, then he attacks my face. He isn't falling for the hand under the sheet trick. However, he likes to pick fights with Maggie (hence the name 'Butthead'), and frequently approaches me with a big chunk missing above his right eye. On this one, he doesn't figure out 'dont mess with Maggie'. He is a very long cat, and has developed a belly, hence some of the nicknames. No recent changes, but he does have some interesting stories, such as the time I was on MDMA and Sangria until the wee hours of winter, passed out, and woke up to find him huddled under a tree scared shitless.

The boy looking innocent (and clueless).

Fuckin awwwwwwwwwwwwww ! 😍

MsDiz

Moderator: DS
Staff member
A day in the life.... from expert stalking skills, easy breezy lounging skills, cat napping like he was born for it and um... stress relief. My boy does it all! He really is also the sweetest cat, always wants a head bump every morning and night, likes to ensure you’re supervised with whatever activity being carried out, insists on warming an empty lap and likes to test your breathing capabilities at night by gently laying on your chest whilst you sleep. The binxster.

6am-64-14m

Moderator: NMI, CD
Staff member
This thread always makes me feel all warm inside. :)
WonderBread
WTH? lol I though I had a heavy cat. :oops:
What a sight!
Breed?
How much does he weigh?
What is his guesstimated age?

I would be scared if I saw him bounce around a corner unexpectedly (if "bouncing around" is a thing for him) haha.

What did animal rescue do with (to) him?
:D

Last edited:

sugar.clothing

Bluelighter
This thread always makes me feel all warm inside. :)

WTH? lol I though I had a heavy cat. :oops:
What a sight!
Breed?
How much does he weigh?
What is his guesstimated age?

I would be scared if I saw him bounce around a corner unexpectedly (if "bouncing around" is a thing for him) haha.
I wish I had these stats for you. At the same time I'm happy I don't because I would be comparing every other cat to WonderBread hoping to find a fatter cat. It just won't happen. This cat is clearly the Alpha of the region. Like the Godfather of Catnip

ControlDaddy

Bluelighter
First up, this is Peanut, in 2005. She lived to be 16 years old. That is 112 in dog years, or so some say.

Next is a little blur of golden and stripey and spotted fur, named Midas, the eternal kitten with bright green eyes. He left to go hunting on the night of a blood moon in 2017, and never returned.

This is is successor, a silver guy with bright blue eyes, like his father, ControlDaddy. Also a strong swarthy guy, he was 14 pounds of rippling muscle, and he could and would tackle small human beings.

Finally, my chickens. The hens have no names, except one, I called Sicky Chicky, cause she never cleaned her own bum. Red sex-link and amber sex-link all of them, because I damn sure didn't want no rooster crowing at 4AM. That was the plan, anyways. The red one on the right is a roo named Jack. He was dumped on my doorstep after losing a fight, and an eye, but not his life. I had to nurse him at first, since he couldn't target the food he was pecking at for a couple of weeks, but with some training he got on all right. He still got down and dirty with the hens, like any horny rooster do.

Xorkoth

🎨 ARTministrator 🎨
Staff member
My boy:

May he live forever. ♥️ He's 16 although he is in very good health and the vet guessed he was 10. I have been thinking about his mortality a lot lately, every day. It's made me more deeply appreciate the time we have together, but it's also really scary to me. I can't even describe how close he and I are. My girlfriend jokes that he is my familiar (as in a wizard's familiar). He likes to gaze into my eyes unblinkingly for as long as possible. He's the perfect cat for me.