• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Possibly inhaled or absorbed GBL - weird effects

Synaps3

Bluelighter
So I was pouring some GBL and some spilled on me and I think it absorbed through my skin. It is also possible that I inhaled hot vapors.

Anyway, I started to see this trippy aura-like patterning (like if you stare at a lightbulb too long) and felt really dizzy for a few minutes. Then I got super anxious and had a panic attack.

I'm still really scared about what happened. The visual was very strange almost like a brain damage type thing.

It's been 10 minutes and the visuals are gone, but I'm super anxious. Do you think I'm OK?

I'm good now.

I am not 100% sure it was related to the GBL, but I am almost certain it was. The effects where nothing like GBL though, so it scared me.

Has anyone every vaped GBL or spilled on themselves?

Sounds like it could be psychosomatic to be honest. How much did you spill on yourself? What do you mean you "possibly inhaled hot vapors?" Wit all sounds a bit confusing but I'm glad you are doing better. If the effects weren't like gbl or ghb; Plus, you said it lasted a few mins only, so your experience could be unrelated completely to the gbl. Maybe it was, idk, something else that we don't know or maybe you ended up psyched yourself into a panicked state of fear and anxiety in response to spilling the gbl, how much you never said. Very vague. But yea then the anxiety got a little out of control? Perhaps. Think on it some.

Oh I have to say this; please try to be more safe and wear protective garb next time, in addition to other basic lab safety. All as to avoid this kind of thing from ever happening. Just try to relax , stay calm, and when you are ready just reevaluate what happened and see of you can recognize your own role( if any) that you yourself may have played in the effects you felt.

GBL has a very very low vapor pressure, so it doesn't actually vaporize very easily. Unless you had a pot of literally boiling GBL, and that's >200C!

You will be fine

It turns out it was a migraine - I think. I've never had one before, but it runs in my family and I looked up the visuals online and it was exactly what I saw. I also got a pretty bad headache after, so I think that's what it was.

It's weird that it happened right after I spilled the GBL on myself though. I guess it was about 15-30ml I spilled on my pants and it seemed to absorb. I'm not sure if the spill triggered this or if it was just random.