• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Possible to remove nail polish remover from rerocked cocaine?

GloomyElk

Bluelighter
I unfortunately got a batch of some Grade A crap that was clearly rerocked with acetone nail polish remover. Is there any way to remove this from the product? Why people insist on buying “rocks” is beyond me. It’s all a big joke that noobs just can’t seem to get in their heads.

Anyway, this particular batch seems to have much more of this rerocking agent applied than what I’m used to. Lost cause, or a way to salvage? Thanks.

What the fuck are you doin lol .I don't even wanna know
Not sure I follow your question...(?). I’m cooking the product into rocks, and the very obnoxious taste and smell left behind by this nail polish remover is enough to ruin the entire sizeable batch of original powder ... thus, the reason for my question in the first place. Since posting my message yesterday, I have tried various techniques but none of them are removing the offending taste and smell. I know that nail polish remover is comprised of a lot more than just acetone, so I think the sum of all of its ingredients has rendered this batch of powder unusable for rock making.

You could do an acetone wash yourself and dry it till all the acetone is evaporated.

acetone will evaporate from cocaine on its own, keep it in a warm and dry place and it'll be fine

Wait, do you mean you smell acetone or the perfumes that usually are put into acetone to make it into nail polish remover?
If acetone, let evaporate like Sekio says, it will be quick as long as you spread the product.
If it is the perfume, you need to perform an ANHYDROUS (important as if it is not anhydrous you will lose some coke) acetone wash, following the instruction you can find here on BL.

Thanks everyone for the responses. I’m glad to say I soldiered through the batch and it is now behind me. One of the worst I can remember in a long time.

Phobos, it was very clearly the distinct smell of nail polish remover, not just acetone. Ironically, I very recently had a batch that had been washed with acetone, and the odor from that was very distinct, but not the same smell as this. This one was sweet, sour, and acetone all rolled into one, which is why I think someone tried to rerock it with polish remover rather than just acetone. It was also too sticky to the touch. I figured an acetone wash would be required, but frankly, I didn’t feel like exerting more energy and frustration into this batch. Good riddance, and again, thank you.