• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Possible Health Risks From Naloxone in Suboxone?

purplehaze147

Bluelighter
I'd rather have subutex(burenorphine) instead of suboxone(buprenorphine and naloxone). I have a doc appointment at 4pm it's currently 1:20pm. Isn't naloxone bad for ur heart? I wouldn't want that. And can I say suboxone tastes bad and I heard subutex tastes better. I take focalin and adderall(not to her knowledge) so can I be like I don't think the combo is good for my cardiovascular system. Also I'm worried about the long term effects of an opioid anatagonist. Sound good? Lol

Ur doc may just tell you to let it dissolve absorb then spit the rest out. my old sub dr wouldnt give anyone subutex except for the first day. I used to let the pills sit then id spit it out so im not swallowing the orange nastiness, tho it did mean releif.

You're probably not going to be able to get it. Individual doctors are more likely to write for it than clinic types. You CAN say it gives you bad headaches constantly, as that is a common side effect of naloxone (IIRC). Being pregnant is about the only surefire way to get straight bupe.

Just say you get wicked headaches from it bro. It's a bad side effect of the naloxone. Everyone that was in my suboxone group that said they got wicked head aches got switch to tex. I prefer tex to subs myself too. Even tho that naloxone isn't really active, text feels different to me. And I know I'm not the only one that thinks so.

theres not really any way to spit out naloxone. theres no real advantage to subutex. you still would get precip withdrawals from bupe, and bupe does the blocking

the naloxone for all intensive purposes does absolutely nothing

there are a lot of rumors that it does, but none of them are true

^^

Exactly. Suboxone and Subutex are effectively the same exact thing and unless you genuinely get headaches from the naloxone..there is no added benefit to being on subutex over suboxone.

Yup. But try telling the overwhelmingly vast majority of ppl i know and its nu uh no way dude i know bc blabla, but the naloxone is only added to discourage ppl from abusing it. Its different than something to prevent ppl from abusing it.

Suboxone is universal over here, nobody gets 'tex. I prefer the effects of 'tex myself; suboxone just doesn't feel the same to me.

I hate suboxine makes me sick the taste is horrendous, swallowing it after it dissolves the feeling I get in my stomach is nausiating...I've had so many problems with it I switched to subsolv it's a mint flavored tablet in a 5.7 mg concentration, it's supposed to be just as effective as a regular 8mg strip because of increased bioavailability. It's definitely better and sniffing it isn't terrible but it's still not something I enjoy, really chalks up in my nose and the drips are minty and pretty nasty so I dont do it often. I take 1 tablet per day sublingually. If I sniff one I feel it much more and do get a little buzz, but I can only describe the high as dirty. If I sniff an 8 mg subutex idc what anyone says it's a slightly different more enjoyable buzz, I feel it much more and it's also not bad at all too sniff. I actually enjoy it. It feels cleaner without the naloxone plain and simple. Drs just don't like too script the Subutex no matter what you say.