• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Possible Adenosine Syndrome?

Gaz_hmmmm

Bluelighter
I that if you take for example L-Tryptophan/5-HTP with an SSRI or MDMA you can induce serotonin syndrome which can be deadly.

I was wondering if taking Carisprodol (Which is an Adenosine Reuptake Inhibitor, not sure if it's selective.) can cause some kind of adenosine syndrome if used with caffeine, theophylline or theobromine?

I sometimes use RedBull to counter the sedation of Carisprodol.

Anyone know if this is dangerous other than like alcohol+caffeine causing too much stress on the heart?

No because Carisprodol undoes what caffeine does right? The two drugs are not synergistic, they have opposite action. So there's no problem.

I'm doing something similar with the dexedrine/clonidine combo. One inhibits the reuptake of norepinephrine, the other inhibits the release of norepinephrine. The only problem that can occur is that, if your body needs an adenosine response, there won't be one lol. Like, if I see a wolf, the body responds by releasing norepinephrine, problem is clonidine is blocking it, and even if the body somehow manages to get past clonidine, dexedrine already released plenty by inhibiting the reuptake so...not much will happen there. So that action is very limited. There is few physiological effects that you will experience from either an increase or a decrease of that chemical.

I know in my situation, the effect is that it's nearly impossible for me to have a decent fight or flight reaction, but with your adenosine...what does it do if the body can no longer get it up and down...probably not much because that chemical is meant to increase slowly throughout the day, so not much would happen, in all odds. And both have the same half life so you don't risk having one go out before the other.

Last edited:
No because Carisprodol undoes what caffeine does right? The two drugs are not synergistic, they have opposite action. So there's no problem.

I'm doing something similar with the dexedrine/clonidine combo. One inhibits the reuptake of norepinephrine, the other inhibits the release of norepinephrine. The only problem that can occur is that, if your body needs an adenosine response, there won't be one lol. Like, if I see a wolf, the body responds by releasing norepinephrine, problem is clonidine is blocking it, and even if the body somehow manages to get past clonidine, dexedrine already released plenty by inhibiting the reuptake so...not much will happen there. So that action is very limited. There is few physiological effects that you will experience from either an increase or a decrease of that chemical.

I know in my situation, the effect is that it's nearly impossible for me to have a decent fight or flight reaction, but with your adenosine...what does it do if the body can no longer get it up and down...probably not much because that chemical is meant to increase slowly throughout the day, so not much would happen, in all odds. And both have the same half life so you don't risk having one go out before the other.

In your whole body clonidine reduce norepinephrine release but in your locus coeruleus it increases the release to your Prefontal cortex and the a2 receptor of norepinephrine is responsible for higher thinking in your prefontal coterx, so technically they are synergic in term of nootropic effect but are opposite in term of physical stimulation. The combination is great to sit down and study for a long time. In fact that is exactly what I am taking because I have too much physical stimulation but low catecholamine levels in my prefontal cortex.

Now for OP I don't think it is a good idea to play with adenosine that way since adenosine is what transport energy from a cell to another, so basically IDK what it's doing but I am pretty sure it isnt dangerous but counterproductive regarding biochemical stability.

In your whole body clonidine reduce norepinephrine release but in your locus coeruleus it increases the release to your Prefontal cortex and the a2 receptor of norepinephrine is responsible for higher thinking in your prefontal coterx, so technically they are synergic in term of nootropic effect but are opposite in term of physical stimulation. The combination is great to sit down and study for a long time. In fact that is exactly what I am taking because I have too much physical stimulation but low catecholamine levels in my prefontal cortex.

Now for OP I don't think it is a good idea to play with adenosine that way since adenosine is what transport energy from a cell to another, so basically IDK what it's doing but I am pretty sure it isnt dangerous but counterproductive regarding biochemical stability.

Ya I tend to benefit most from that cortex synergy, it's like it solves all problems, great combo indeed.