Positive effects of excess Estrogen

Again, I'm not sure if this guy is joking or not:)

Last edited:
I dont even know I am posting with this shit but whatever. Do you know fucking old and outdated most of what Dan wrote is. That is at best early 90's ideas and many of them have been proven wrong. If you want up to date facts look at what ledom posted or spend 5 minutes at pubmed.

I dont give a fuck what you weigh, and noone else does either. I can assure you that I am bigger than you (OCbinger give me a hand here) but that doesnt make me an expert at all. I still learn shit about this sport every day. Maybe you should ditch the cocky attitude and do some reading. This isnt a pissing match over who is bigger or whatever, just stating the fact that how big you are doesnt mean that you are expert in the area. Look at Dan, he sucked at bodybuilding but was the expert of his time.

Judas Priest guys. I am just saying that you really need to know what you are dong when dealing with roids. To achieve the maximum gains from a cycle, you need to seriously closely monitor your test., est., blood sugar levels and insulin production.

5alpha, Dan has numerous articles and books on the proper use of roids. Again, I strongly urge you to not use roids, but, if you must, Dan has the most complete and honest info out there. Like I said previously, he published an "underground" newsletter just after leaving Muscle Media . Additionally he publshed a 2nd version of his Steroid handbook .

His newsletter was so hardcore, he explained in detail how to obtain and properly use roids. I have a cassette tape of an interview with him if anyone is interested.

Lastly, I am not trying to be cocky. I am simply stating that you can achieve perfectly good muscle mass and strength by controlling your diet and test/est ratio. Sure, I have 19 in biceps, because of genetics and many years of reading various mags. in addition to working my ass off with heavy weight and strict execution of my reps. Most people do not need roids, unless you want to compete in bb contests. In my experience, most people simply overwork their muscles. Especially arms.

Last edited:
first of all i wouldnt bragg about being 6"2 230lbs...thats nothing to right home about.
second of all Dan D. was an absolute joke...people only know him because he was one of the first to actually go public about AS issues..didnt mean he knew what he was talking about...you obviously dont know too much about them because if you did you would be on them...

Another good post, right on Scope:) Not to discredit DD but scope is correct, in my opinion. DD is not a Shulgin.

Dan Duchaine was way overhyped. He was a fairly big AS dealer in the 80's which gave him a pulpit to preach his so called "knowledge." Plus, he was one of the frist guys to go public with his thoughts on AS use. Which was OK since it was after he was popped I believe and was out of the suppling end of the biz.
I find it interesting to have someone who claims to have never used AS use DD thoughts to back up his arguement on estrogen. Sorry, but if you don't have first hand knowledge AS use it is not something you learn by reading up on it.
In my own practical experience, and with most really large guys, there has to be a significant amount of estrogen in your body if you really want to get BIG.
In times when I have agressively supressed estrogen not only did I not gain strength and size but my HDL was severely depressed.
Look at almost ALL the big dudes in bulking phases. They all have that bloated, swelled up look, and probably HBP that comes from excess estrogen. Sure, if you are prone to get gyno it will definately bring it out but that can always be addressed with the knife.
It's the price you might pay to get BIG. The best bet is to moderate your estrogen level with use of Arimedex, Femera, Nolvadex etc.

That is exactly what I was saying RJW. If you want to be as big as possible, like a pro, then estrogen NEEDS to be present, but I dont think that we need much estrogen in the body if we are only looking for a muscular look.

scope101 said:
first of all i wouldnt bragg about being 6"2 230lbs...thats nothing to right home about.
second of all Dan D. was an absolute joke...people only know him because he was one of the first to actually go public about AS issues..didnt mean he knew what he was talking about...you obviously dont know too much about them because if you did you would be on them...

Ahhh...you see, I know quite a bit about the roid scene and have seen first hand people that have fucked up their lives, for a period of time, as a result of improperly using roids without even understanding the most basic of pros and cons of such use.

I have educated myself on roids by reading extensive articles and witnessing with mine own eyes the results of usage.

Apparently you are not familiar with the premsie of thoroughly researching both the pos and cons of of a matter before engaging in an act or actions that you are ignorantly not versed in. You must acquire knowlege of both sides of the matter before you decide a course of action.

Additionallyy, Dan Duchaine has the title of the "Guru" because of his extensive understanding of the chemical reactions or counter-actions of roids and "other chemicals" used and abused in an effort for someone to try to get bigger and/or stronger.

"...[thats] nothing to
home about." Maybe you should back off 10cc's or so.%) .8)

Additionally, I am not bragging about my size. I mention it only in an attempt to suggest a premise that is obviously "lost" on you. In an effort to help educate those that lack the ability to fully comprehend what they read, allow me to put it this way...I used 75lb dumbells (before snapping a tendon in my wrist) to perform seated concetration and supinated single hand bicep curls. The day you can use 75lbs. on single hand concentration and supinated curls, I will take you seriously. Until then, shove off.​

Please take your anger and one-sided views someplace else.

Thanks.

BTW- The weights you can "lift" are not all that impressive:)

I HAVE to address this Dan Duchaine thing. Listen, he was a pioneer and I have a lot of respect for the guy but do I take everything that came out of his mouth as gospel? Fuck no. A lot of his theories were just that... theories. I'll take my research and personal experience over any "guru's" ramblings any day. Do some research of your own and stop regurgitating shit you read somewhere.

Oh... and your measurements wouldn't impress myself or many people I know particularly because I didn't see bodyfat mentioned. I know a guy who's about 500lbs. Probably @ 50%bf or more but his arms have GOT to be at least 26-28"... get my point? :D