• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy tea problem

Cjconner96

Greenlighter
Hello,

I'm new to blue light, Ive been a frequent browser for years but never got around to posting or creating an account. Anyways, the reason for my post. I've been an opioid addict for going on three years. I've used a wide variety and know a great deal about this type of drug. My main maintenance drug is poppy seed tea. I use daily (unfortunately) and order my seeds online weekly. My problem is I recently got an order of seeds that are causing troubling side effects including severe anxiety,panic attacks, headaches, sweating, and nausea. None of which I normally get from poppy seeds. I ordered another bag and tested this batch to ensure it wasn't just me. It wasn't. This batch gave me an ordinary highly enjoyable high. I've even tried mixing a larger amount of the good batch (1 1/2 cups) with a smaller amount of the bad (1/4 cup) and I still experienced a decent amount of anxiety. So my question is: why is this "bad batch" causing me these problems? I know a definitive answer is impossible but I was hoping to get some ideas here to at least sate my curiosity and maybe put my mind at ease. Thank you in advance for all your answers.

-Cjconner96

There's no way we can verify this, but a hunch is that you got a high-thebaine strain of poppy seeds.

Thebaine's not safe - it can cause seizures.
I would dispose of that batch of seeds and avoid that source in future, if possible.

Scary, i used pst for years, never had such a thing - only weak seeds (and the resulting withdrawal symptoms).
Are you sure the effects you're describing are not simply the onset of withdrawal? Although you said someone else varified it's not "just you"...
Whatever it is, i wouldn't recommend consuming them, no good can come of it - just ditch them.

Are they from the same source? My initial guess would have been that they might have been grown without something untoward. But spacejunk's point about Thebaine is probably more likely correct...

I'm almost positive it isn't withdrawal as I go through this almost weekly, but anything is possible I suppose. I also thought of thebaine based upon my reading but I don't have much experience or knowledge of that alkaloid. I always assumed the amount of thebaine in seeds that weren't grown for thebaine producing reasons was negligible though. I may be wrong of course I just feel like I remember reading that somewhere. I don't believe my saying this is against the rules, but please correct me if it is, is there a way to remove thebaine from the tea? Perhaps via boiling or some other method?

Felonious Monk- I don't understand what you meant by the first part of your post. And they are from the same source just different batches. I always use the same one due to high consistency before this order.

Thank you. I appreciate anyone who takes the time out of their day to help me with my problem.

Hi, I too only have been browsing for some time; but just recently decided to register. Tonight has been swims first time experimenting with PST. Swim ordered approximately 3ozs of "The Giant" seeds, and made a 12oz glass with approximately 1oz of seeds. Swims tolerance is that of a daily user; with a legitimate script of percs, who does not normally take more than 30mg at a time - but usually just takes 5mg to 10mg. "The Giant" seems to be a great alternative for swim. Swim would certainly like to know any tips on how to make it... better. As swim said, never done it before tonight, though, seem to have succeeded. Swim just heated up water, dumped seeds, let them marinate, stirred occasionally for 30 minutes, drank. Now swim has no jitters, feels very relaxed.

That said... anyone know if leftover seeds are able to be used for gardening?

There are a ton of threads on here about making poppy seed tea man. But basically desired amount in 2 litre or juice container fill up to about an inch over the seeds with cold water. Shake that bitch for 1-2 minutes. Then open the bottle slightly and squeeze out the liquid. Repeat with the same seeds if they're really good quality. That's all there is to it. No boiling or stirring or any of that crap. If you leave it in the water too long the seeds actually re absorb some of that morphine you're trying so hard for. Been doing it this way for years now.

I've planted the seeds used in tea and grown small plants from them before... but I lost interest and they died.

There's no way we can verify this, but a hunch is that you got a high-thebaine strain of poppy seeds.
This! There's also like a thousand other alkaloids that could be affecting you.

Thanks man. I know this is in no way verifiable, but it looks like this is what I'm gonna have to go with. Was really hoping to find something differentirely against the odds. Really hate to have to throw away what should have been a bag of good times. Damn. Oh well...

Live and you learn. But let this be a lessen on how viotile pst really is! Always start small, you never know what alkaloids it contains, nor the potency of them.

I was also thinking there was a chance it was mold? Did you brew it and leave it out at room temperature? Did you inspect the seeds closely for mold, before brewing?

I have looked, and it doesn't appear to contain any mold. I also don't leave it out at room temperature. I occasionally leave it in the fridge over night but I'm pretty confident that's fine. Just kind of ate it with this order I guess.

Does it result in a speedy type high? Did you experience myoclonic jerks? with lots of nausea?

For the longest time these where the only seeds I could get and there was a difference because i had a big batch I saved up for emergencies and sure enough when I did them I got the same weird high you could still feel it was an opiate but it was more speedy than sedating. Probably high in thebaine or some other alkaloid.

This stuff was one of the lowest points in my life I would stay up for days and nod out and wake up in weird places where I would smash my face and body against things because of the jerks. I guess sleep deprivation and popping diphenhydramine every so often didn't help either.

Now a days its more of a classic opium feeling but potency isn't the greatest anymore and quantity is very limited price is high. I can see them going away like kratom if enough people catch on.

Last edited:
I usually can't build up enough to nod off because of how bad the anxiety hits me. It's really weird though because it's sortof back and forth and I'll be sortof euphoric and then anxious the euphoric again and back. But I've been too nervous to go all out again because it caused me a panic attack one day I dosed higher with it. You've had a problem with seed potency? Until this bag, Ive actually been getting some of the best I've ever had all summer from one online vendor. Like nodding off at 2-2 1/2 cups of seeds with other tolerance. The kratom thing is bullshit. To me it seems like the DEA are just protecting the pharmaceutical companies interest in drugs like methadone and suboxone.

The only thing that I can think of is that that particular batch had high levels of thebaine. Too much of the stuff will give you an anxious affect. Thebaine is in opioid alkaloid known as paramorphine or codeine methyl enol ether. So while it is chemically similar to codeine and morphine it actually has a stimulating effect. We know that it is important to find the unwashed seeds but if you go to new places you're going to Be exposed to different levels of different chemicals. I have had problems with vendors that I normally go to changing their vendor and getting different products. Not sure if that helps or not but I figured I'd give it a shot

It's definitely the thebaine. Certain strains of p. somniferum have higher ratios of morphine to the other alkaloids. I don't remember where I read that, but do some research on it. I used to be addicted to poppy tea as well and it definitely made a difference for me, like night and day.