• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids poppy tea experts needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

soyburglar

Bluelighter
i'm sure that this has been discussed in detail here, but i don't really feel like searching. i'm considering ordering poppies for making tea and understand that there are different varieties for different strengths (i have a pretty hight tolerance to opiates). it seems that the standard papaver somniferum is what i'm finding everywhere, but that the iranian papaver bracteatum has much higher concentrations of thebaine and codeine.

furthermore, what is the best preparation and is there anything that i absolutely have to do (or not do) to activate the opiate-properties (such as grinding the seeds/stems or just simply boiling)? can i just buy them from an online store?

this is my first time doing this and i'm really serious about it, as it is just getting more and more difficult to score pills around here.

thanks in advance for your time.

1. You want papaver somniferum, because morphine is the main active constituent you're looking for. Codeine is weaker and has a ceiling dose, and thebaine won't even get you high and has nasty side effects.

2. The best preparation is removing the seeds (just makes it easier to strain) and grinding the pods (to maximize the surface area). You can leave the stems in or not, I dont think they have any opioids in them, but it wont hurt you if you leave em in. Soak in hot (but not boiling) water, let steep 15 minutes, strain, drink.

3. Yes, online stores sell pods suitable for this purpose.

i'm pretty sure there's a poppy tea megathread or something, all the information is on there.

i'm sure that this has been discussed in detail here, but i don't really feel like searching. i'm considering ordering poppies for making tea and understand that there are different varieties for different strengths (i have a pretty hight tolerance to opiates). it seems that the standard papaver somniferum is what i'm finding everywhere, but that the iranian papaver bracteatum has much higher concentrations of thebaine and codeine.

furthermore, what is the best preparation and is there anything that i absolutely have to do (or not do) to activate the opiate-properties (such as grinding the seeds/stems or just simply boiling)? can i just buy them from an online store?

this is my first time doing this and i'm really serious about it, as it is just getting more and more difficult to score pills around here.

thanks in advance for your time.

....so essentially your time is more valuable then ours, correct?

You acknowledge that this topic has been covered a million times and admit that you just don't "feel" like searching, and therefore expect the rest of us to take time out of our day and spoonfeed you answers?

You state that you are "really serious about this".
Yes, apparently you are so serious about this that you can't even be bothered to read through even 1 thread which would easily supply you with answers to your extremely basic questions.

Come on buddy, if you are truly "serious" about this, surely you can spend 2 minutes scanning a thread.-DG

actually i'm at work and really can't serch like i want to and wanted to order the pods today. but thanks for the snarky comments and for actually wasting your time with thinking of and typing a couple paragraphs of garbage as a response to this thread.

thanks, i'm reading it now (at the expense of getting caught by my boss!). interesting stuff, but seems a little out of my league at this point.

the DIY aspect of it just intimidates me a little...i'm just a pill-popper. there seems to be so many varying opinions of what's best that it's a little confusing. i don't want to overdo it and have a bad experience, but i don't want to waste a bunch of time and money experimenting, either.

dude, its incredibly simple. grind up pods and steep in water that had been boiled. its about as hard as making tea.

so if your at work, why not just do it at home? i dont get why this is so difficult for you

very easy and if you get the right pods, very very enjoyable. your first time, it may cause you to experience a little bit of upset stomach due to the raw plant matter you are consuming. you'll get used to that. Also, poppy pod tea doesn't taste very good to most people, so adding a bit of lemon juice makes it more tolerable. have fun!

Be careful. Pods have just become a big hassle for me now. I need to dedicate at least half hour- 1 hour of my time every day now to make a fucking cup. And with my tolerance being so high, I have to drink like 25oz's of tea.

Thats about 2 glasses full, so I even need to give myself time in the morning to drink it all at a reasonable pace so I don't puke it up, and then I'd really be fucked for the day.

It's cheaper then H/Oxy though =\

Be careful. Pods have just become a big hassle for me now. I need to dedicate at least half hour- 1 hour of my time every day now to make a fucking cup. And with my tolerance being so high, I have to drink like 25oz's of tea.

Thats about 2 glasses full, so I even need to give myself time in the morning to drink it all at a reasonable pace so I don't puke it up, and then I'd really be fucked for the day.

It's cheaper then H/Oxy though =\

You feel it's cheaper then H/Oxy? I would agree with Oxy and only H depending on how good it is or how much you may need in a day. Pods seem high in price, unless I'm looking in wrong place. The bay had good prices, but can't find them there anymore.

Yea if I were to be using dope I would do probably 5 bundles in 7 days. $80x5 = $400 a week.

That much in pods would last me at least the whole month, probably 6 weeks.

the DIY aspect of it just intimidates me a little...i'm just a pill-popper. there seems to be so many varying opinions of what's best that it's a little confusing. i don't want to overdo it and have a bad experience, but i don't want to waste a bunch of time and money experimenting, either.

Yeah I know that feeling but there's a nice ritualistic feeling to it especially for someone like me who actually likes spiking my arm.

I'm trying to grow from seeds now just think it could be worse...you could have to wait 3 months for your tea LOL

yeah there are plenty of threads about poppy tea but ill put in my couple of cents...

this is what i do

1. grind up your choice of pods, take out the seeds, it makes the tea taste MUCH worse. a coffee grinder works great.

2. bring about 8oz of water to a boil, immediately remove from heat, add your 'pod powder', cover and let steep for a half an hour.

3. drink and enjoy.

i became addicted to pod tea, and it is not any fun withdrawing from several different opiate alkaloids at the same time. including the non-psychoactive alkaloids, too. be careful, it is just as addictive as any other strong opiate, im my opinion.

be safe, have fun, dont be a pod slave like i was...

yoo if u wanna try tea without committing to spending bucks on a bunch of pods online.. go to a store that sells bulk stuff. i.e. granola, candy, flour and poppy seeds.. I use about 3 pounds of seeds when i dont have anything else and its a really cheap alternative. Way easier than buying a shit ton of pods online.. im sure this has been covered, but just throwing it out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.