• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Poppy seeds and boiling water

Ganjcat

Bluelighter
does anyone know, from experience if I can use boiling water or boil the water after I just wanna try having a proper cup of poppy tea a bit trivial but also harm reduction value to a bit

Yes, you can simmer the solution after washing the seeds (keep the temperature as low as possible). Ive done this to reduce the drinking volume without any loss in potency (simmering also seems to make it faster acting, ostensibly by opening up the liposomes that I believe are generated by shaking the solution of aqueous morphine and poppy seed oils). Try to avoid exceeding 70°C for prolonged periods

Yeah it's best not to use boiling water when brewing the seeds as it makes everything too rapid, and you don't want to seeds to leach lipids and soak up your opium tea.
You could do the seed wash stage with lukewarm water, then strain the seeds out and heat up your tea and add whatever flavouring you like to make it taste better.
Are the seeds you use all black and sticky and covered in opium tar?

Yes, you can simmer the solution after washing the seeds (keep the temperature as low as possible). Ive done this to reduce the drinking volume without any loss in potency (simmering also seems to make it faster acting, ostensibly by opening up the liposomes that I believe are generated by shaking the solution of aqueous morphine and poppy seed oils). Try to avoid exceeding 70°C for prolonged periods
I just done it or novelty i only had 100 grams heated it up, added a real tea bag and milk and drank up, must have been a good batch im always doing this from no on

I find it works best with room temperatuer water. Once the seeds get all soaked they start releasing oils and they also start re-absorbing all the liquid. It works best when you use room temperature water and shake it up for 10 minutes really vigorously, then pour that water off, then fill it up and do it a second time. After that you've gotten everything and it will just start making the seeds all nasty.

I think using boiling or even hot water would be less effective than using room temperature water.

Actually, morphine extraction efficiency does increase in heated acidic conditions, however thebaines extraction efficiency increases with heat to a much greater degree. Thus, cold water will preferentially extract morphine, and while the result will have lower total morphine, it will have much lower levels of thebaine, and will result in a cleaner and far more pleasant high.

The heating I was referring to was in regards to post cold extraction, where the resulting solution can be boiled to 1) reduce total volume and 2) open up the phospholipid liposomes to make it faster acting (ie, to increase the rush), assuming that is desired.

Its an unnecessary step however and certainly not called for.

Ever tried mixing the extract, heated up with a tea bag and milk and making a normal cup of tea with it seems to work quite well great pick me up

Recently i tested some on the same batch of tea. It was composed of some dried and some fresh pods, stems included, those were cut up or crushed to some extent, but in the future i will grind those up as much as possible since it releases alot of product if internet is correct. I went for first glass of tea after initial 20min period of boiling plant material. Then after discarding plant matter left other half on low heat. First cup was really mild and on sedative side, after 2h of reduction i went for another half a cup which hit pretty fast and was much more euphoric.

Week earlier i made a batch using plants from the same source and didnt bother to reduce after boiling. I was slowly drinking it over the course of 3h, i havent felt any euphoria until i started nodding heavily, at the moment i thought that im tired, only later i have realised it was work of poppy tea.

Boil pods, but not seeds. You can apparently boil down the seed tea after cold water extraction. I've just set it in a bowl front of a fan and reduced it